Dealer servicing, does it have to be SUCH a rip-off?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
We're going off topic...but we can't help outselves, anyone had theirs take off their shoes, and sit crossed legged on the front seat...and then after I'm wondering where there are two marks of lighter colour on the seat...applys to gals less than 1.60m I guess, if you're taller, it's not possible to do that, at least on my front seats!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I run an advanced staring course. The mrs once maneuvered to put her handbag on the roof :scary:. Using my "advanced stare", she hesitated - twice, before deciding to move round and put it in the boot!! Training! That's what it's all about!

Feel the force! (like in Star Wars)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
We're going off topic...but we can't help ourselves

Apologies, I like to do that for some reason unknown haha

I do have a service to book next month and debating if I do a dealer service or independent one...

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I've been quoted £189 for my 1st service. As it's a leased car, I have to go dealer route...as per the contract. I think it's a ok price...seems to be the going rate...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've been quoted £189 for my 1st service. As it's a leased car, I have to go dealer route...as per the contract. I think it's a ok price...seems to be the going rate...
I got quoted £169 for a minor service but as mines 8 years old it's probably given to their not bothered people so I get a discount lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I got quoted £169 for a minor service but as mines 8 years old it's probably given to their not bothered people so I get a discount lol

I don't want to shatter the dream. But I'd say almost all services / oil changes / cambelts go to the YTS kid.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
And who leave the old oil filter rattling about under the bonnet having done the oil change[:@]
Ok that's enough lol Personally i'd rather go to my local garage but the car has full SEAT history and my OCD doesn't allow me to differ unless forced lol

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Ok that's enough lol Personally i'd rather go to my local garage but the car has full SEAT history and my OCD doesn't allow me to differ unless forced lol
It's nothing against main dealers; it's just generally there are good garages and there are bad ones. We're lucky that our local SEAT dealership is absolutely top-notch, which is more than can be said for another VW group dealership we have had dealings with locally.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Unfortunately, I'm on a lease with SEAT which means that my Cupra has to have a main dealer service and nothing else..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Mine will go to the dealer (which I find really good) who has managed to successfully fixed the rattles in the Leon, install foam silencing to solve rattling doors, and fixed my screen spray thingi o n Ibiza...no quibbles, no issues...lets see with servicing, I'm hoping for the same!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
install foam silencing to solve rattling doors

I think I have Stockholm syndrome. After listening to the passenger door rattle for nearly 2 years (and another 2 years on my previous Seat). It suddenly stopped... for about 2-3 days. It caused me to have an anxiety attack. Luckily it started rattling again and hasn't stopped since. I find it strangely comforting now.

Reactions: cupra300uk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I think I have Stockholm syndrome. After listening to the passenger door rattle for nearly 2 years (and another 2 years on my previous Seat). It suddenly stopped... for about 2-3 days. It caused me to have an anxiety attack. Luckily it started rattling again and hasn't stopped since. I find it strangely comforting now.
I have the same with my rear view mirror rattling lol when it stops it seems oddly quiet and not right lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I have the same with my rear view mirror rattling lol when it stops it seems oddly quiet and not right lol

Although, I had a passenger subframe creak start about 2 weeks ago. I didn't like this :no:. Whilst I was getting the head gasket done, I had them look at the suspension. They confirmed they could hear it, but nothing was loose, etc, so nowt could be done. Then a few days later it just stopped!! And now I am happier. :yes:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
My 'rattle fixing' crusade just unmasks other 'smaller/quieter' rattles there weren't there because the rattle getting fixed was louder and overpowering the quieter one (if that makes sense).

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
What exactly is the door rattle? I have it on my drivers side and not on my passenger side, I thought it was the speakers vibrating the door but even when the music is off it’s still rattling. I’ve also noticed a dashboard rattle that occurs when I accelerate. When I wash my car I also notice that my passenger side door window leaks and lets moisture in at the top as well

Is this just a fact of life that SEAT’s are built pretty poorly built compared to their German rivals? I would’ve thought being part of the VAG group that it’s all done efficiently and built to the same standards, but I can’t imagine having so many minor problems on both of my SEAT’s as I would an Audi. Just my opinion though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise