Mods for Mk2 Leon FR

ChocoMilkShark

Jul 25, 2018
So I'm not looking to do much to my Leon but so far iv decided to do the following.
  • Air Intake - (Ordered (RamAir))
  • Lowering Springs - (Undecided)
  • Alloy Wheels - (Struggling to find a set I like/suit the car)
  • Remap - (Undecided)
  • Strutbrace - (Undecided)
That's all I thought about doing for now as I'm looking at the cost of the parts as well.

If anyone has any comments or recommendations on what brands or extras to do, it is appreciated.

Photos of the car for those that are interested
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nfSsQc97JXqacLTWA

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Springs, I have H&R. But kind of wish I'd gone with Eibach now. So personally I'd look at Eibach pro kit or sportlines depending on how low you want to go and how much comfort you want to sacrifice. Not sure why you want the strutbrace, personally I'd do antiroll bars first. They make a BIG difference to the FR Handling. Also, have a look at the Superpro antilift. Paired with the rollbars it'll keep the car nice n flat.

Failing that, have a look at my FR+ readers ride:
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....ack-newb-with-no-mechanical-knowledge.421491/

ChocoMilkShark

Jul 25, 2018
So I'm not looking to do much to my Leon but so far iv decided to do the following.
  • Air Intake - (Ordered (RamAir))
  • Lowering Springs - (Undecided)
  • Alloy Wheels - (Struggling to find a set I like/suit the car)
  • Remap - (Undecided)
  • Strutbrace - (Undecided)
That's all I thought about doing for now as I'm looking at the cost of the parts as well.

If anyone has any comments or recommendations on what brands or extras to do, it is appreciated.

Springs, I have H&R. But kind of wish I'd gone with Eibach now. So personally I'd look at Eibach pro kit or sportlines depending on how low you want to go and how much comfort you want to sacrifice. Not sure why you want the strutbrace, personally I'd do antiroll bars first. They make a BIG difference to the FR Handling. Also, have a look at the Superpro antilift. Paired with the rollbars it'll keep the car nice n flat.

Failing that, have a look at my FR+ readers ride:
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....ack-newb-with-no-mechanical-knowledge.421491/

Yh I was looking to get the eibach pros they are cheaper and are made for comfort and sport with only a 30mm drop so I can still do speed bumps without scraping lol

Il Il l into the others and it was more of what I already spoke to the insurance about so il check with them plus the strut brace was cheap I seen antiroll bars for like £400 bit much for me but il look at the guide tomorrow

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yh I was looking to get the eibach pros they are cheaper and are made for comfort and sport with only a 30mm drop so I can still do speed bumps without scraping lol

It's what I'd do. I've got the H&R. They are killing me on pothole filled roads and Sunday I managed to scrape the underside of the car turning into a car park!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members