MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

AlexOS

Before the whole WLTP rubbish, when the face lifted 300 ST came out, Seat had the option of FWD Manual and FWD DSG both with the Haldex LSD. And also the new option of the 4drive DSG. Arguably although the 4drive is quicker to 60mph, reviews said the FWD DSG was the more fun car to drive.

However in the UK, they decided not to bring in the FWD DSG option for the 300ST, not sure why when the rest of Europe got it.

As far as I am aware that is still the case and the ST 300 4drive DSG is now the only option in the UK. Maybe in Europe you can get an ST 290 DSG in FWD.
On the french site they have the ST 4Drive which is 300ps and the ST FWD which is 290ps.. both have the 7 so DSG box.. I believe that’s the case for most of Europe.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
So after my rant this morning about marmite badges and not having seen what the changes actually look like, I have been awarded first place in the BW42 queue, with no option to change the exterior colour of the car...

Mystery Blue ST
Mystery spec interior
Mystery gearbox
Mystery sound system
Boot divider net
Advanced comfort and driving pack
Camera pack
Paid for winter pack
Safety pack
Side blades

Will swap all exterior badges if they look naff.

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
So after my rant this morning about marmite badges and not having seen what the changes actually look like, I have been awarded first place in the BW42 queue, with no option to change the exterior colour of the car...

Mystery Blue ST
Mystery spec interior
Mystery gearbox
Mystery sound system
Boot divider net
Camera pack
Paid for winter pack
Safety pack
Side blades

294e295bbb512990606df0951a960190.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexOS

Mystery Blue ST
Mystery spec interior
Mystery gearbox
Mystery sound system
Boot divider net
Camera pack
Paid for winter pack
Safety pack
Side blades

How the side blades? The Seat site said that they are only available for the SC and 5 Door when I looked.

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
Been reading this forum since April, with great interest
I'm confirmed build week 41 (this week) being told expect delivery 4-6 weeks to me

ST 300 4drive DSG in Mystery Blue, with Pan roof, winter pack & seat sound

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
How the side blades? The Seat site said that they are only available for the SC and 5 Door when I looked.
Side blades are optional, used to be on the configurator as an accessory, but they don't get added at the factory.

The dealership add them so you can order directly through them.

I had ordered them with my car and have since changed them to the full skirts.
Side blades are available for the ST.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
a7cfb7b72b2d45e9c62703678cdc8e2a.jpg

Reactions: AlexOS

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Mystery Blue ST
Mystery spec interior
Mystery gearbox
Mystery sound system
Boot divider net
Camera pack
Paid for winter pack
Safety pack
Side blades

Beats Audio has been confirmed for those who ordered SEAT Sound - especially as you're a week 42.
Wondering why I am a week 48 now, hopefully they'll be plenty of cancellations due to copper and i'll get mine built sooner

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
I also fail to see how making it slower to accelerate to 62mph than previous Mk3 Cupra 280, 290, 300 and adding a marmite colour to the badges can be described as "enhancements". Going from 6.0 to 5.7 would be an enhancement, not the other way, they've now made the dsg slower to 62 than the manual ha ha
At least we have a much higher top speed than the previous 300...

Also, that is the first time I have seen the 7 speed DSG referred to in a UK brochure.

Attachments

• October_brochure_edit.png
    October_brochure_edit.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: N8KOW

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I’ve got a feeling that those pre-42 cars will need to watch their badges...

It will be a bit like the 80/90s when all of the VW badges were being nicked off cars!

Said before, I may consider swapping mine with someone, not decided whether to have Carbon wrapped badges...

Cupra Carbon Edition 2.jpg Cupra Carbon Edition 3.jpg Cupra Carbon Edition Start 2.jpg

...or turn it into the full blown Cupra R ST Concept with the copper...

Cupra Carbon Edition.jpg

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Have you had an update on the progress, since you're probably going to be one of the first to take delivery?

Did you say it was on the Aquarius?

Is the 26th half way through BW39?
I’ve been told it is on the Aquarius and she docks in Grimsby this Saturday. It’ll take approx. 5-7 days to get to Lookers in Stockport at which point I’ll ask Carly to do a walk around video and I’ll post the link up here. She should be able to use the same upload system as they do when updating you with a car walk around after a service. As soon as I know what date that car can be collected I’ll be getting BCA to collect. Lookers can’t release the new car until they get a code from VWFS which terminates the old lease and starts the new one. Military timing is needed here!

Reactions: walshy

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I had a browse on youtube and watched some of the videos of the Cupra R. If you watch them and forget the copper mirror covers and copper alloys, you can get an idea of what it'll be like with copper S badges and the copper detailing on the interior. Also the black brake calipers.

I'm still not sure on it but it didn't look ghastly.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Anyone actually ordered and got a build post week 42 in a colour that would suit the copper?

Starting to think mine might actually look ok - with panroof, lip and skirts.

Unfortunately though with all the extra bits my 0-60 may take even more of a hit - 6.5 secs

Mine will be magnetic grey, so looking at a cupra r I can kind of get a vision of what mine should look like.

AlexOS

But
I had a browse on youtube and watched some of the videos of the Cupra R. If you watch them and forget the copper mirror covers and copper alloys, you can get an idea of what it'll be like with copper S badges and the copper detailing on the interior. Also the black brake calipers.

I'm still not sure on it but it didn't look ghastly.
they are all in grey.. no good for us with blue, red etc.. also, from what Damo7 insists, we won’t have any of the copper surrounds for the vents etc, that’ll all be black...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.