MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
But

they are all in grey.. no good for us with blue, red etc.. also, from what Damo7 insists, we won’t have any of the copper surrounds for the vents etc, that’ll all be black...
I think the "copper detailing" will be the bits around the interior that were silver. Time will tell I suppose.

Reactions: AlexOS

AlexOS

I think the "copper detailing" will be the bits around the interior that were silver. Time will tell I suppose.
That’s my hope.. if they’re going to do the inside I’d rather it was the whole thing, like the R, rather than the half way house with the Ateca.. and keeping the flags on the steering wheel and gear stick... even if they’re black..

Reactions: Copra68

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Does the beats audio sub sit in the spare wheel housing or inside a spare wheel? Obviously, I’m hoping for the latter.
I was told it would be like for like. As in SEAT sound came with a space saver spare as will the Beats Audio system.

Much like it does on the UK spec R's.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Not sure which I'd prefer, probably the Ateca version as it's more subtle. With the Ateca CUPRA there is currently a choice of chrome or glossy black interior trim.

If the steering wheel has a copper S it'll likely have to be consistent with copper stitching and then the shifter and seats need to follow suit.

That's consistent across both the R and the Ateca.

I'm inclined to believe Damo7 at this stage, but who knows..

Sukhraj

Sep 30, 2018
Have got my weekly automated update from my lease company. According to that the car is in transit. But when I emailed the guy last week he said it won't be built till the end of the month

AlexOS

Not sure which I'd prefer, probably the Ateca version as it's more subtle. With the Ateca CUPRA there is currently a choice of chrome or glossy black interior trim.

If the steering wheel has a copper S it'll likely have to be consistent with copper stitching and then the shifter and seats need to follow suit.

That's consistent across both the R and the Ateca.

I'm inclined to believe Damo7 at this stage, but who knows..

Absolutely.. they must do the seat stitching too.. but considering the rest of the hash-up that they seem to be doing, they might decide to do the seats with day-glow green rather than copper.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016

Nope. Only copper is the S on the wheel and the S that flashes up on the infotainment screen. All the silver bits will not the black. The only one I’m not sure if it’s black or silver (but not copper) is the one around the infotainment area but I’m hedging my bets on black. But they won’t be copper!

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Absolutely.. they must do the seat stitching too.. but considering the rest of the hash-up that they seem to be doing, they might decide to do the seats with day-glow green rather than copper.

From what i saw stitching wasn’t mentioned so I’ve no idea ‍♂️

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
The copper element will probably be subtle
e57563c5a0376d7ac7e028996b4a7717.jpg

AlexOS

Nope. Only copper is the S on the wheel and the S that flashes up on the infotainment screen. All the silver bits will not the black. The only one I’m not sure if it’s black or silver (but not copper) is the one around the infotainment area but I’m hedging my bets on black. But they won’t be copper!
Damo7, as it said in the release, the S’s will be copper and there will be copper detailing. Either this means the stitching, in which case, surely ALL the stitching (wheel, gear and seats) and/or it means the surrounds. Assuming it doesn’t mean the surrounds, then surely you don’t think they’ll do some of them black and some in silver??

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Damo7, as it said in the release, the S’s will be copper and there will be copper detailing. Either this means the stitching, in which case, surely ALL the stitching (wheel, gear and seats) and/or it means the surrounds. Assuming it doesn’t mean the surrounds, then surely you don’t think they’ll do some of them black and some in silver??

The info i have doesn’t mention stitching at all.
But copper is only mentioned on the interior for the S on the wheel and the infotainment logo.
It clearly stated that the flags were gone and the door handles, gear knob and switches were all black.

The silver trim from the vent and the silver bit around the radio didn’t look to be changed to black and weren’t mentioned as being copper.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Excuse my poor effort but the 3 yellow spaces in my pic are all going to be black! Including the air con controls. The other silver bits not mentioned and the flags removed

Attachments

• 292BAB1D-8C44-4916-AC14-C3F7387CB06A.jpeg
    292BAB1D-8C44-4916-AC14-C3F7387CB06A.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 81

AlexOS

Excuse my poor effort but the 3 yellow spaces in my pic are all going to be black! Including the air con controls. The other silver bits not mentioned and the flags removed
Sorry Damo7, bust I have just copied the below from Scroggs post on another thread...

SEAT UK have today announced specification changes for the MY19 CUPRA, that will come into effect once production starts in cw42 (week-commencing 15th October):

Exterior Changes
Copper SEAT badges
Black brake calipers
Copper SEAT logo on alloy wheels
Black CUPRA flag
Black rear CUPRA lettering

Interior Changes
Copper SEAT logo on steering wheel
Interior copper and black detailing (although what this actually means is not specified)
Copper media screen logo

I seem to be missing the parts you mention that clearly state that the flags are gone or that the handles, gear know and switches are black. (Although those parts don’t really bother me).i can only see that it says the Cupra flag will be black, not anything about there being less of them. and unless my eyes deceive me, it says copper and black detailing, in between the logo and infotainment.also I don’t see anything about the cupra logos being removed from the inside..

If you’re reading a different document with a lot more info, please share as we are truly interested in being able to read that too.. (btw that is not a sarcastic remark, I would love more info)

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Sorry Damo7, bust I have just copied the below from Scroggs post on another thread...

SEAT UK have today announced specification changes for the MY19 CUPRA, that will come into effect once production starts in cw42 (week-commencing 15th October):

Exterior Changes
Copper SEAT badges
Black brake calipers
Copper SEAT logo on alloy wheels
Black CUPRA flag
Black rear CUPRA lettering

Interior Changes
Copper SEAT logo on steering wheel
Interior copper and black detailing (although what this actually means is not specified)
Copper media screen logo

I seem to be missing the parts you mention that clearly state that the flags are gone or that the handles, gear know and switches are black. (Although those parts don’t really bother me).i can only see that it says the Cupra flag will be black, not anything about there being less of them. and unless my eyes deceive me, it says copper and black detailing, in between the logo and infotainment.also I don’t see anything about the cupra logos being removed from the inside..

If you’re reading a different document with a lot more info, please share as we are truly interested in being able to read that too.. (btw that is not a sarcastic remark, I would love more info)

I was laughed out the door 2 months ago and I was right and I’m right now too. Even Scrogg himself told me not to believe the info I heard and said they were only rumours...

I’m categorically telling that there will be 1 flag and one flag only on the post BW42 Cupras.

I’m not sure about the stitching colour or the air vent trim and trim around the radio colour as they weren’t mentioned in my info. But the air con control area, door handles and the gear know area as well as the steering wheel will be all black. The only copper mentioned was the S on steering wheel and infotainment but maybe the current chrome bits around radio and air vents will be copper but it wasn’t specified in my info.

Someday you will believe me in here....

Someday

Jamie-g

Oct 9, 2018
Apparently after a phone call tonight, mine is en route to the dealers this week. I’ll not be able to lift it until the following week. I ordered in June with adaptive cc and in desire red. Dunno how mine has seemed to be so fast compared to everyone else. Been told it’s a 290 but don’t know much else about it.

cola

May 23, 2018
Apparently after a phone call tonight, mine is en route to the dealers this week.

Please post pics when you can! And whether its 6 speed or 7.. Lots of us from BW38-42 are eager to find out..

Related.. I called brand support earlier and they confirmed my BW40 Cupra was built on the 9th and is currently on route to the port. Can't bloody wait at this point.

Reactions: Jamie-g

Jamie-g

Oct 9, 2018
Please post pics when you can! And whether its 6 speed or 7.. Lots of us from BW38-42 are eager to find out..

Related.. I called brand support earlier and they confirmed my BW40 Cupra was built on the 9th and is currently on route to the port. Can't bloody wait at this point.

I will do pal. The salesman doesn’t even know what it’ll be like. I’m having a guess mine is build 38/39 but I haven’t a clue to be honest.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I was laughed out the door 2 months ago and I was right and I’m right now too. Even Scrogg himself told me not to believe the info I heard and said they were only rumours...

I’m categorically telling that there will be 1 flag and one flag only on the post BW42 Cupras.

I’m not sure about the stitching colour or the air vent trim and trim around the radio colour as they weren’t mentioned in my info. But the air con control area, door handles and the gear know area as well as the steering wheel will be all black. The only copper mentioned was the S on steering wheel and infotainment but maybe the current chrome bits around radio and air vents will be copper but it wasn’t specified in my info.

Someday you will believe me in here....

Someday
To be fair the same discussion is happening on the Spanish forum.

someone has been saying the same as you on the Spanish forums - unless it is you with another alias??? You're not fluent in Spanish are you?

Obviously the translation isn't perfect as it's from Google but it does a reasonable job.

There's also a poster who has a pre week 42 build that claims to have a 7spd.
32b69d11d800ed7bffd6e5e688fa6442.jpg
2b6de4aa5729127ba59b724d9630a40b.jpg
767e86a06495af2cc7d9d0175bec6c7e.jpg

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
To be fair the same discussion is happening on the Spanish forum.

someone has been saying the same as you on the Spanish forums - unless it is you with another alias??? You're not fluent in Spanish are you?

Obviously the translation isn't perfect as it's from Google but it does a reasonable job.

There's also a poster who has a pre week 42 build that claims to have a 7spd.
32b69d11d800ed7bffd6e5e688fa6442.jpg
2b6de4aa5729127ba59b724d9630a40b.jpg
767e86a06495af2cc7d9d0175bec6c7e.jpg

Yeah not me but my Spanish cousin there and myself have set a goal to tell a tale to all you guys on forums just for laugh. It’s working. Sure there’s no copper anywhere and the interior has 15 new flags!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.