Auto flappy paddle

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there's any automatic leons that don't have flappy paddles?

The reason I ask is I've just been to the dealers and there's a car in their holding area exact same spec we ordered, eclipse orange, FR, 18" PUM wheels. But it doesn't have flappy paddles. We ordered the 2.0l 190ps dsg which is supposed to have paddles.

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Yeah I know, I checked the cofigurator and the only auto options are DSG. Strange then, cos this was deffo a auto Leon but it didn't have flappy paddles. Unless they magically attach them when prepping for handover lol.

I also googled the model number (5F15QZ) and it looks like it comes back as a 2.0L 190ps DSG.

worleyg

Nov 13, 2012
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there's any automatic leons that don't have flappy paddles?

The reason I ask is I've just been to the dealers and there's a car in their holding area exact same spec we ordered, eclipse orange, FR, 18" PUM wheels. But it doesn't have flappy paddles. We ordered the 2.0l 190ps dsg which is supposed to have paddles.
As far as I know FR autos get paddles but the Xcellence and SE trims don't. Was it definitely an FR?

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi,

Our Xcellence does not have them

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
im hoping that its just fitted with some weird dummy steering wheel for transportation purposes, and the flappy paddles one is in the boot :bleh:

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
I think maybe they've just put the wrong wheel on at the factory, if thats even possible. No doubt theres been a screw up somewhere and it'll take weeks to fix ....

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Anything is possible.
I seem to recall a photo somewhere of an Arona or Ibiza FR with an Xcellence steering wheel fitted by mistake ( or vice versa )

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
20181014_152812.jpg 20181014_152821.jpg

Just been back (I drive past it on way to work) and asked the dealer to check if it was mine. They just stared blankly at me and said come back tomorrow lol

Reactions: Mystery290

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Wow:eek:
Hope it isn't yours. The strange thing is, that's deffo an FR wheel with the red stitching. Looks like a manual wheel with a DSG box.
Doesn't exactly fill you with confidence if the dealership doesn't know either.
Keep us posted

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
I'm almost 100% sure it is, the model number on Google comes back as a 2.0L FR Dsg and it has the 18" performance wheels we specced. Will find out tomorrow

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Ok, so just picked the car up from the dealer, and it's definitely the wrong wheel. It's the wheel off a 1.5 manual FR. They calling me tomorrow to arrange having it replaced, and also to repair the big scratch found on handover.

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
Ok, so just picked the car up from the dealer, and it's definitely the wrong wheel. It's the wheel off a 1.5 manual FR. They calling me tomorrow to arrange having it replaced, and also to repair the big scratch found on handover.

How can this happen though, surely it would fail final checks leaving the factory with some sort of error/warning light due to paddled wheel and electrics missing...

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Maybe the transmission ECU only 'looks' for the paddles when the gearbox is set in manual mode?
Whatever, it doesn't exactly fill you with confidence about the production line QC checks.......