What are you using...

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
Or just use a square washing up bowl with soapy water, and a soft bristled yard brush like my neighbour!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Sponge straight off the gravelly car park floor I think @Legojon

Phew, now I know your winding me up. I'm really twitchy on £5 car washes as the previous owner either used £5 washes or an actual tortoise shell to wash the car with!

Or just use a square washing up bowl with soapy water, and a soft bristled yard brush like my neighbour!

When it was snowing, I watched the guy 4 doors down using a sweeping brush to get the snow off his brand new BMW M3. Which weirdly, the day before I'd watched a machine polishing video where they used the exact same brush to create a test area of swirls and scratches.

I so want to just ban you right now haha

Seconded! :clap:

Deleted member 103408

Looking for some help, Stripping wallpaper today and wonder should i use the two bucket approach or just scrape it off....

Yes I am joking but as I filled up the bucket with water it was the first thing that went through my head. Thanks to you lot and your detailing.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Looking for some help, Stripping wallpaper today and wonder should i use the two bucket approach or just scrape it off....

Yes I am joking but as I filled up the bucket with water it was the first thing that went through my head. Thanks to you lot and your detailing.
That's quite amusing.

2 bucket option should work... Maybe get some citrus pre wash on there

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Okay... So as requested... Process and Products used.

Full Exterior Detail Process

Wet Wash
Wet Rinse - Open hose flooding paintwork
Snow Foam (Obsession Wax Snow Foam) Dwell for 5 mins
Power Washer Rinse
2 Bucket wash with grit guards and 2 wool mits - One for rooff and windows one for lower parts doors bumpers etc)
Power Washer Rinse
Fallout Remover (Obsession wax bleeding fall out remover)
Power Washer Rinse
Tar Remover (Obsession wax Tar / Glue remover) - Might need some agitating with a microfibre
Power washer rinse
Clay Bar - Using G3 speed detailer as a lubricant, meguairs clay bar
2 Bucket wash with grit guards and 2 wool mits - One for rooff and windows one for lower parts doors bumpers etc)
Power washer rinse
Wheels - for a full clean id take the wheels off, but use obsession wax bleeding fall out remover
Power washer rinse the wheels
Dry using a prestige car care "big yellow" frying towel

Dry Clean
I use a DA to machine polish
Meguairs compund - 2ft sq sections at a time using high lumen light to check correction / swirl removal.
Meguars Polish - As above
Obsession wax Phantom V2 - Applied using a damp pad small overlapping circles allow to haze
Single wipe removal using soft mircrofibre - I dont "buff" the wax, i find that a single wipe over is enough to remove the wax and leave a mirror finish and great protection.

I also have a selection of round brushes for door shuts, window seals etc.

Depending on the damage to the paint it has taken me 14hrs just to do the outside of a car, but I get a good finish on my cars in around 7, once a year is all i need to do them really as maintenance washes are done with the above method (excluding the dry wash process, claying etc) but means I do very little damage, i'll reapply wax every 2-3 months when the beading starts to fall away.

Glove

Aug 30, 2018
How I do. Two clean microfiber cloths one to wash one to dry. Autoglym shampoo, one cap full per bucket. Wash car from top down and do alloys exhaust last. Rinse with clean buckets of water. Whilst still wet spray one or two shots of Autoglym rapid wax (Carnauba) onto each panel and use dry mirco fibre cloth to rub into panels and dry wringing out micro fibre cloth. Vinyl with autoglym vinyl and rubber care. Tyres with Autoglym instant tyre dressing. Stand back and admire as they say. Scratches and marks yes you guessed it Autoglym super resin polish. If it is good enough for her Majesty :).

Is a lifeshine kit from my old Fabia Vrs :

35btvo4.jpg

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I figured it out... the + and - on the autobrite lance is to + more water or - less water. So yeah... all the way to minus does this! Pass me the chiesel!!

2UUT5Id.jpg

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Oooo snob wax

Haha. I have a problem.... I just like buying them, was musing over a £300 tub the other day as it was 50% and as such a bargain.... I had a reality check on that one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I let people borrow them as well. You’re welcome to give it a go.

Don't let it near me... I only managed to wax my car twice with a tin of Collonite!! I may just have enough for 1 more single coat... I'm sure it's supposed to do more than that!

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Don't let it near me... I only managed to wax my car twice with a tin of Collonite!! I may just have enough for 1 more single coat... I'm sure it's supposed to do more than that!

Haha. Waxed should be used in small quantities not liberally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members