Future Cupra 290 owner!

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
Hi guys, new here!

I currently own a 67 plate Leon FR 1.4, 150ps version, anyway after under a year of having it, I wanted more so found myself back in the showroom ordering the upcoming Leon Cupra 290, March 1st is when I collect my new car, I cant wait!

Couple of questions, if anybody could help would be much appreciated.

1) I've heard theres going to be a few changes to the 2019 cupra, such as copper badges, black callipers and so on. Is this correct? My dealer didnt mention anything like this, it was explained to me as the car would come with the red callipers for starters!

2) What sort of mpg can I expect out of this car? Dont get me wrong I like to have fun, but to drive it 'sensibely' what would you expect, i'm hoping for a 30mpg+ answer haha, anyway thanks for reading.

(Ordered in magnetic grey, personally my fav)
- Conor

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
1) I've heard theres going to be a few changes to the 2019 cupra, such as copper badges, black callipers and so on. Is this correct? My dealer didnt mention anything like this, it was explained to me as the car would come with the red callipers for starters!

The answer is yes. You will definitely not be getting Red Calipers too. The dealers don’t seem to know themselves what is happening.

2) What sort of mpg can I expect out of this car? Dont get me wrong I like to have fun, but to drive it 'sensibely' what would you expect, i'm hoping for a 30mpg+ answer haha, anyway thanks for reading.

Anything from 15-40 depending on how heavy your foot is. I generally get 33-35 driving “normal” but a lot lower when I decide to have some fun and boot it.

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
The answer is yes. You will definitely not be getting Red Calipers too. The dealers don’t seem to know themselves what is happening.

Anything from 15-40 depending on how heavy your foot is. I generally get 33-35 driving “normal” but a lot lower when I decide to have some fun and boot it.

Hi! Thanks for the reply, so it can be somewhat thirsty then? Haha, do you know how many miles you could average out of a tank? Also whats all this about.. no more red callipers, black cupra logos, copper badges? Why is none of this on the official Seat website, when going ahead to order the new 290 on there, everything is normal.. strange, not that im too fussed, just really looking forward to the cupra experience! Haha

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Hi! Thanks for the reply, so it can be somewhat thirsty then? Haha, do you know how many miles you could average out of a tank? Also whats all this about.. no more red callipers, black cupra logos, copper badges? Why is none of this on the official Seat website, when going ahead to order the new 290 on there, everything is normal.. strange, not that im too fussed, just really looking forward to the cupra experience! Haha

I average around 360 - 380 out of a tank usually.

Cupra is soon to be splitting from Seat in that it will become a standalone brand and the changes are the interim changes between the current Leon Cupra and the Cupra. It is expected to launch as a Cupra in November with a small network of dedicated Cupra centres within Seat Dealers.

There are threads in the forum detailing the fact that there is no info being given out and that most if not all dealers haven’t a clue on what is going on.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
My Cupra 300 gets about the same, probably 370 ish miles. That’s if I don’t thrash it too much between filling up. Usually about 37mpg for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
My Cupra 300 gets about the same, probably 370 ish miles. That’s if I don’t thrash it too much between filling up. Usually about 37mpg for me

Thats alright then, as it stands I have a 67 plate 1.4 leon FR 150 tsi and im only getting around 370-400 miles out of the tank not really thrashing it.. So hopefully i wont see a major difference haha, insurance is the worry for me as im 23 but i think i'll be able to get something half decent, got a good few months to search yet though as i wont have the car until march 1st!

Reactions: cupra300uk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Thats alright then, as it stands I have a 67 plate 1.4 leon FR 150 tsi and im only getting around 370-400 miles out of the tank not really thrashing it.. So hopefully i wont see a major difference haha, insurance is the worry for me as im 23 but i think i'll be able to get something half decent, got a good few months to search yet though as i wont have the car until march 1st!

I’m 21 with 2 years NCB and my insurance with Admiral is only £800 ish (forgotten the exact amount) for the year, and my 1.2 Ibiza FR was £700 for the year

madhubbs

Oct 24, 2018
Hi guys, new here!

I currently own a 67 plate Leon FR 1.4, 150ps version, anyway after under a year of having it, I wanted more so found myself back in the showroom ordering the upcoming Leon Cupra 290, March 1st is when I collect my new car, I cant wait!

Couple of questions, if anybody could help would be much appreciated.

(Ordered in magnetic grey, personally my fav)
- Conor
Hi,

I’m in same boat, ordered a magnetic Grey not been told anything about the changes by dealership. Madness if you ask me am I actually getting what I thought I was buying ?

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
Hi,

I’m in same boat, ordered a magnetic Grey not been told anything about the changes by dealership. Madness if you ask me am I actually getting what I thought I was buying ?

Hi Madhubbs,

Very annoying isn't it.. I went and spoke to my dealer today and he 'reassured' me that nothing is changing 'he thinks' which doesnt give me much confidence as I dont think the dealerships even know whats going on.
Positives are, if their are going to be changes made, I cant see them being a bad thing, it's going to be the first Cupra Leon released (Under cupras own brands obvs) I feel as if alot of people are worried because we're all used to this normal look, none of us like change haha. I am looking forward to seeing what it will look like to be honest, just really annoyed that i may have ordered a completely different car to what im going to get!

Reactions: madhubbs

madhubbs

Oct 24, 2018
Hi mate,

Yes I think the car will still be great but the separation of branding could be an issue servicing warranty work. I’m a car nut and have a Citroen DS3R cab limited edition only 10 right hand drive made, now Citroen have split from DS service is a big issue not good.

I want the Cupra to have changes and be different just wish the dealership would give me an idea what it is for 30k+ lol

Darren

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
Hi mate,

Yes I think the car will still be great but the separation of branding could be an issue servicing warranty work. I’m a car nut and have a Citroen DS3R cab limited edition only 10 right hand drive made, now Citroen have split from DS service is a big issue not good.

I want the Cupra to have changes and be different just wish the dealership would give me an idea what it is for 30k+ lol

Darren

Ahh the DS3R is beautiful, never been in one but to look at such a stunning little car. Yes I totally agrer with what you are saying, I dont understand why they feel the need to rebrand the Cupra, it's almost perfect as it is, also as the Seat leon cupra it looks so discreet, like a sleeper compared to others in its category, this rebranding is gonna completely change that I feel, I love Seat so I hope whatever they're doing to it will be something special.

- Conor

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.