Cupra Ateca Review

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/best-ofs/auto-trader-s-best-cars-of-2018

"But the best car I’ve driven this year has to be the Cupra Ateca. Leaving aside the wisdom - or otherwise - of Seat creating a whole new brand for its sportier cars, and the bold choice of making an SUV its first release, the Cupra Ateca is a genuinely engaging SUV that mixes the practicality of the regular Ateca with blistering pace and surefooted handling. And, thanks to its sophisticated suspension, it’s actually more comfortable than the Seat-badged car, too."

"And although it’s not cheap, it actually looks like pretty good value for those looking for a performance SUV. Your next-cheapest option for something with equivalent pace is the Porsche Macan, which is a good £10k more. That makes it a very promising start for the Cupra brand."

johnd

Nov 18, 2018

Rather an odd and uneven review, though good to see a new UK-based one. Too much time on branding and questioning why the exhaust isn't louder or the need at all for a compact performance SUV, but one or two good points, eg the interior not being different/special enough.

johnd

Nov 18, 2018
And another new one, this time from What Car - maybe the most balanced shorter review I've seen. Also quotes a 0-60 of 4.7 secs, which is the fastest I've seen - possibly a mistake, given that others are quoting 5.1 or 5.2 secs as 0-60 (presumably based on 5.4sec 0-100kph)

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Track comparison between the Cupra Ateca and Leon Cupra R.Italian dialogue,but doesn’t affect viewing.
Also,not exactly a balanced head to head as the Cupra is the 2wd version,but briefly shows the dynamics of the Ateca.

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Pretty positive review. Although I do think continually comparing it to a hot hatch is missing the point somewhat. Not just Top Gear, but most of the other reviews. I’m not trading in my Golf GTI because I want another Hot Hatch. I want a practical, more comfortable car that can offer 90% of what a hot hatch can for the 5% of the time that I can actually use it!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.