What are you using...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Don't let it near me... I only managed to wax my car twice with a tin of Collonite!! I may just have enough for 1 more single coat... I'm sure it's supposed to do more than that!
Jesus man you doing a portion for the car and a portion for you haha my bottle of collinite still looks like I haven't used any...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Haha. Waxed should be used in small quantities not liberally!

They need to make wax easier to see! Not sure what happened. But I did get a bit carried away.

Jesus man you doing a portion for the car and a portion for you haha my bottle of collinite still looks like I haven't used any...

I like my wax as thick as my snowfoam! LOL!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Tried the Avalanche snowfoam yday. Not as impressive as the autobrite unfortunately. But I did prefer the toffee smell to banana.
kJrfDaH.jpg

Reactions: Maypack

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Tried the Avalanche snowfoam yday. Not as impressive as the autobrite unfortunately. But I did prefer the toffee smell to banana.
kJrfDaH.jpg
Yeah I wasn't very impressed with it... you can get Autobrite Cherry I think. I don't know which one to try next...

Did you wait for the perfect sunlight before taking the picture lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yeah I wasn't very impressed with it... you can get Autobrite Cherry I think. I don't know which one to try next...

Did you wait for the perfect sunlight before taking the picture lol

I think I might try the Autoglym one next... that gets pretty good reviews. And I can pick up from Halfords.

Well, I ran out like a screaming girl to take a picture. Took the first one and then as I looked at it, realised my neighbours were in it and staring at me. So I muttered to myself, went back inside pretending I needed another cleaning product and waited till they'd gone.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Quick wash and a top up of the wax... used a cheaper ceramic wax from in2detailing... see how it works and lifespan.

Looks tidy enough....

02539a0d0c9160d947e2f50a6454a304.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Quick wash and a top up of the wax... used a cheaper ceramic wax from in2detailing... see how it works and lifespan.

Looks tidy enough....

02539a0d0c9160d947e2f50a6454a304.jpg

Do you use any drying aids after you wash the car and before drying (spray or in your snow foam lance)? Just seen that they exist lol

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Do you use any drying aids after you wash the car and before drying (spray or in your snow foam lance)? Just seen that they exist lol

No, just a really big microfibre. Looking at a drying machine though.... touchless for the win.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
How much and where do I buy it from haha

There’s a few of them out there, search for car drying blower... there’s a real r age of prices as well...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
There’s a few of them out there, search for car drying blower... there’s a real r age of prices as well...

Seems like £150 - £200 gets you a decent one... They all seem to be pet dryers that they just put car in the front of lol so that means you no longer need drying towels... Should be minimal swirls

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Seems like £150 - £200 gets you a decent one... They all seem to be pet dryers that they just put car in the front of lol so that means you no longer need drying towels... Should be minimal swirls

Exactly... drying it one of the worst parts in in my view for paint damage, also gets all those little niggly boys around the wing mirrors and lights.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Exactly... drying it one of the worst parts in in my view for paint damage, also gets all those little niggly boys around the wing mirrors and lights.

How do I explain a purchase like this so close to Christmas haha oh yeah... Buy more for the wife to even it out haha @Legojon have you thought about drying with air and not towels?

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
How do I explain a purchase like this so close to Christmas haha oh yeah... Buy more for the wife to even it out haha @Legojon have you thought about drying with air and not towels?

Seek forgiveness not permission....

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

"Wow, I got this in the black Friday sale for a 1/3 of it's regular price... I couldn't afford not to have it". It'll be like when I have my MOT in two weeks and my car comes back 1.5" lower.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
"Wow, I got this in the black Friday sale for a 1/3 of it's regular price... I couldn't afford not to have it". It'll be like when I have my MOT in two weeks and my car comes back 1.5" lower.
Haha that could work...

Is it weird drying your car with a blower haha I think I already have the weird status for how long I clean my car for haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Haha that could work...

Is it weird drying your car with a blower haha I think I already have the weird status for how long I clean my car for haha

No more weird than when I jack up the front end of the car, get my mat and sleep under it. It must be high up on the neighbours list of things I do.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
It just adds to the odd looks you get I reckon... I’m over it now, my neighbours looked at me yesterday like I’d gone mad, out washing the car 3 days after I last washed it.

Might get one of the driers for Christmas. Probably from me, to me! Lol.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members