Mountain Biking

X3RN

Nov 11, 2018
Norfolk, UK
So recently I've been getting quite into mountain biking (Part of the reason I brought a Leon - I drive quite a way to some places and needed something bigger than my fiesta).
I currently have a Jamis Dakar A2 with a Dropper post. It works really well for what I use it for (Mainly enduro and some cross country - Maybe some jumps when I'm feeling up for it).

Does anyone else on here do any mountain biking or anything like that?

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
So recently I've been getting quite into mountain biking (Part of the reason I brought a Leon - I drive quite a way to some places and needed something bigger than my fiesta).
I currently have a Jamis Dakar A2 with a Dropper post. It works really well for what I use it for (Mainly enduro and some cross country - Maybe some jumps when I'm feeling up for it).

Does anyone else on here do any mountain biking or anything like that?

Yep, when work doesn’t get in the way, I do quite a lot of mountain biking. I’m lucky enough to live in Shropshire so I can literally fall out of the house and onto the trails :) I spend lots of time at places like Eastridge, the Long Mynd, Hopton, Llandegla etc, although at the moment it’s mainly trails from my house. Out tomorrow for a night ride, I’m going to see if I can fall off again :roflmao:

I’m currently riding a Calibre Triple B with upgrades, Pikes etc. Cracking bike for the price.

Reactions: X3RN

X3RN

Nov 11, 2018
Norfolk, UK
Yep, when work doesn’t get in the way, I do quite a lot of mountain biking. I’m lucky enough to live in Shropshire so I can literally fall out of the house and onto the trails :) I spend lots of time at places like Eastridge, the Long Mynd, Hopton, Llandegla etc, although at the moment it’s mainly trails from my house. Out tomorrow for a night ride, I’m going to see if I can fall off again :roflmao:

I’m currently riding a Calibre Triple B with upgrades, Pikes etc. Cracking bike for the price.

Now I wish I lived on the door step of some decent trails. Closest trails to me are Thetford Forest which are more XC Trails. I often drive to Chicksands bike park which is a lot of fun! It seems almost every time I go out on the trails, I fall off. In fact last time I went to Chicksands, I tried the biggest drop off and completely stacked it! Luckily I got it on video so I could laugh at myself when the pain wore off.

The Triple B is a great bike! I was looking at that the other week, I was choosing between the Bossnut Evo, The Jamis Dakar A2 or the Triple B. Settled with the Jamis Dakar as it came under the bike to work scheme haha.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Luckily I got it on video so I could laugh at myself when the pain wore off.
Share the wealth lol I'd love to get into mountain biking as I think I'd enjoy it and I'm pretty sure in rutland we must have some pretty good trails...

I've only got a measly Giant Talon 3 Hard tail bike currently which I'm sure could do some stuff lol

Reactions: X3RN

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Share the wealth lol I'd love to get into mountain biking as I think I'd enjoy it and I'm pretty sure in rutland we must have some pretty good trails...

I've only got a measly Giant Talon 3 Hard tail bike currently which I'm sure could do some stuff lol

I did a bit of Mountain Biking in the Lake District until I had a nasty fall. Broken Collarbone, Fractured Collarbone, Broken Ribs. Haven’t got back into it but loved the outdoors and the beautiful scenery up here.

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Dalby forest is great. I went through a phase. Spent 1k on a bike used it 3 times and its been sat in the shed for a year and a half. Really want to get out on it more. but id rather driver the car !!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Yep, when work doesn’t get in the way, I do quite a lot of mountain biking. I’m lucky enough to live in Shropshire so I can literally fall out of the house and onto the trails :) I spend lots of time at places like Eastridge, the Long Mynd, Hopton, Llandegla etc, although at the moment it’s mainly trails from my house. Out tomorrow for a night ride, I’m going to see if I can fall off again

whats the triple b like? I have the original bossnut. again hell of a bike for the price when it first came out.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm going to walk away slowly as I have no idea what you guys are on about haha I'm 'that guy' lol

For me Tripple b is a local ale haha

Reactions: X3RN and ChrisJKM

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Well I'm sorry hear that but..... I trump you
Last year I managed in my 3 hour old Ateca 5 minutes from home to crash, I am sure I lost consciousness, then Fire service removing the roof, Air Ambulance ride to local Trauma Centre,
Induced Coma in Intensive Care for 3 weeks, Collapsed Lung, Broken Pelvis, Broken Ribs, Damaged Spine, 2 months on a ventillator (plugged into a hole in my throat) which left me unable to speak, moved to my local Intensive care unit for a couple of weeks, further issues for 4 more weeks, total 12 weeks in hospital.......be careful out there

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Last year I managed in my 3 hour old Ateca 5 minutes from home to crash, I am sure I lost consciousness, then Fire service removing the roof, Air Ambulance ride to local Trauma Centre,
Induced Coma in Intensive Care for 3 weeks, Collapsed Lung, Broken Pelvis, Broken Ribs, Damaged Spine, 2 months on a ventillator (plugged into a hole in my throat) which left me unable to speak, moved to my local Intensive care unit for a couple of weeks, further issues for 4 more weeks, total 12 weeks in hospital.......be careful out there

Ouch

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Bloody hell!! main thing is your on the mend. Where was your accident?

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
A59 between A1M and Whixley, July 6th 2017
Was airlifted to Leeds General Infirmary and transfered to York 5 weeks later
ahh yeah its a horrible road. Did u hear about the accident a couple of weeks ago involving a white van and a car. Just count yourself lucky :)

X3RN

Nov 11, 2018
Norfolk, UK
Reactions: ChrisJKM

X3RN

Nov 11, 2018
Norfolk, UK
You want to get to dalby forest in yorkshire. biggest trail centre in the UK. I need to start getting back into it.

I plan on going soon. Got a lot of family in Yorkshire. Shame I live in Norfolk, flattest county.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChrisJKM

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
that wasnt even the drop off. you made the drop off didnt you?

You want to get to dalby forest in yorkshire. biggest trail centre in the UK. I need to start getting back into it.

A local friend of mine does Dalby a lot, dogs nuts he says
I did not see the White Van incident on A59, mine was apparently a glancing head on, lifted my Ateaca of the ground and spun it 180 Degrees, plod kindly charged me with driving with driving without due care and attention (I am sure I was unconscious due to another medical event 4 days earlier), Northallerton Magistrates kindly topped it off with 9 points and a hefty fine etc. Have been driving 44 years..... with not too many points.....bar stewards

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
A local friend of mine does Dalby a lot, dogs nuts he says
I did not see the White Van incident on A59, mine was apparently a glancing head on, lifted my Ateaca of the ground and spun it 180 Degrees, plod kindly charged me with driving with driving without due care and attention (I am sure I was unconscious due to another medical event 4 days earlier), Northallerton Magistrates kindly topped it off with 9 points and a hefty fine etc. Have been driving 44 years..... with not too many points.....bar stewards
yeah a woman was killed on her way to the airport to go on holiday. there was another on the a19 by tollerton ponds last week as well. I wouldnt even worry about the points. your here to tell the tale. thats all that matters in a crash that serious.

Reactions: Bedlam
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise