European Road trip

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just putting this out there...

I think some point next year I'd be well up for a road trip to somewhere in Europe if a few cars were up for it?

Few ideas..

Cupra factory in spain
Any big tracks for track time
Great roads to drive on

Be a good laugh if we get a trip record for people on here to follow. Maybe if we're allowed we could get a new car to test out for this journey as I remember seeing that a long time ago when @Syphon did it.

Thoughts or ideas welcome...

Cheers

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
im heavily interested but totally depends on timing. my free time isnt as flexible as ive pretty much used up all my work holidays :( i have a over week booked off in march which i could potentially reallocate. would love to bring my old ibiza along! havent driven on the wrong side of the road either which would be scary and fun

Deleted member 103408

@paddy6789 was interested in this idea but I do think the big problem is getting a bit of time when lots of people are able to make it.

Like the idea but it is very much about dates.

@kanyewest you should come to the nw meet in blackpoool on January 5th and show off the Ibiza as we dont have any of them yet and we would like to get some.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
@paddy6789 was interested in this idea but I do think the big problem is getting a bit of time when lots of people are able to make it.

@kanyewest you should come to the nw meet in blackpoool on January 5th and show off the Ibiza as we dont have any of them yet and we would like to get some.

im still on a maybe for the blackpool meet up as im working on that day (not sure how they got me to agree to work saturdays but here we are). i should ask for a shift swap though because i really want to come down. i dont care that my car will probably be the worst one :p

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
im still on a maybe for the blackpool meet up as im working on that day (not sure how they got me to agree to work saturdays but here we are). i should ask for a shift swap though because i really want to come down. i dont care that my car will probably be the worst one :p
There is no worst car, it's all about just having a laugh and just seeing what everyone else has done. You also get a free sticker lol

I think I may look into it and then see if anyone wants to tag along

Reactions: kanyewest

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Is there a specific thread for the meet in January that I’m missing? getting lost in all these new topics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

and just to let you know there are a number of us staying overnight so you wont be on your own.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm interested and SEAT have said they will support us if we do something like this.
What's the best scenario for something like this as you've done it before..? Do UK SEAT lend us a car or two to drive to someplace or do we drive our own cars to a release in Spain?

Id be up for pretty much anything that involves a nice trip out and about in some SEAT's

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
What's the best scenario for something like this as you've done it before..? Do UK SEAT lend us a car or two to drive to someplace or do we drive our own cars to a release in Spain?

Id be up for pretty much anything that involves a nice trip out and about in some SEAT's

Not sure about cars at this stage, but would possibly be open to a factory museum tour depending on timing / numbers etc if the trip ended there. Our previous trip was to the Barceona motorshow.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Not sure about cars at this stage, but would possibly be open to a factory museum tour depending on timing / numbers etc if the trip ended there. Our previous trip was to the Barceona motorshow.
Im happy to use mine if we can find a decent thing to go to lol its a great trip to have under the belt if its all logged.

Deleted member 103408

Just seen a trackday at the Spa Francorchamps (Belgium) ON 1st and 2nd April that I am seriously interested in, just got to check what the rest of the family are doing before I book it.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just seen a trackday at the Spa Francorchamps (Belgium) ON 1st and 2nd April that I am seriously interested in, just got to check what the rest of the family are doing before I book it.
That could be fun to watch, I don't trust myself on a track lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise