Mk1 lcr project

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
I finally bought an lcr with 98k on the odometer. Its a pretty clean car, interior is in really good shape and the paint work only has a few small scratches and scrapes plus one small dent on the rear offside door.
It came with a 4 branch manifold, full 3" cobra non resosnated turbo back exhaust with a sports cat.
Ive recently fitted a new front splitter, a badger 5 oversized T.I.P, forge 008 recirc valve, K&N typhoon cone filter and a few stickers(+15bhp) :cartman:.
Hopefully in the new year i will be fitting brembo C hook discs and pads, hybrid turbo, big FMIC, 4bar FPR , new silicone hoses throughout, refurb and respray alloys gloss black and finally a remap. My goal is 300bhp (with out the stickers).
Any thoughts on preffered mods for my goal or anything ive missed
20181106_142530.jpg
20181120_230759.jpg
are welcome
:drive1:
And also does anybody know where i can source the front upper honeycombe grills for the mk1 leon fr. I think they would look better on mine than the horizontal and vertical slats.
Thanks

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Nice.
Don’t go hybrid. Go BIG
Better results less money usually.
4 bar not necessary even for stage 2.
Gives over fueling issues.
300 horses easily achieved. Problem will be the torque. As it will go over the 300 lb mark which will or may lead to bent con rods.
So forged con rods is the way forward.
But that’s another bill of 1600 quid plus.
FMIC take a look at Toyo sport, good for 400+. Brake.
Or creation motorsport do one for the R at a decent price.
C hook or J hook are well rated. Not too expensive and work well.
Don’t know how noisy they are.
Hope you have deep pockets.
It never seems to end.
I’ve done loads and loads and spent a small fortune so all that’s left are expensive bits like rods and Quaife LSD for me now!!
Happy building.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Nice.
Don’t go hybrid. Go BIG
Better results less money usually.
4 bar not necessary even for stage 2.
Gives over fueling issues.
300 horses easily achieved. Problem will be the torque. As it will go over the 300 lb mark which will or may lead to bent con rods.
So forged con rods is the way forward.
But that’s another bill of 1600 quid plus.
FMIC take a look at Toyo sport, good for 400+. Brake.
Or creation motorsport do one for the R at a decent price.
C hook or J hook are well rated. Not too expensive and work well.
Don’t know how noisy they are.
Hope you have deep pockets.
It never seems to end.
I’ve done loads and loads and spent a small fortune so all that’s left are expensive bits like rods and Quaife LSD for me now!!
Happy building.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Nice one pal, with the hybrid i was reading that you can put the compressor wheel from an rs6 in the ko4 (may have to mill it to fit) and bobs your uncle you've got a hybrid, the billet wheel cartridge was only around 200 pound, is this correct? Do you have to change the turbine wheel also so its balanced?
And how much roughly is the toyo fmic? Seen an air tech for 500, i wanted the forge one but im not paying 850! :scary:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Nice one pal, with the hybrid i was reading that you can put the compressor wheel from an rs6 in the ko4 (may have to mill it to fit) and bobs your uncle you've got a hybrid, the billet wheel cartridge was only around 200 pound, is this correct? Do you have to change the turbine wheel also so its balanced?
And how much roughly is the toyo fmic? Seen an air tech for 500, i wanted the forge one but im not paying 850! :scary:

I’m not too clued up on the building of the turbo.
Just that a few have gone hybrid and n our club and wish they’d gone big.
Also believe for best results you’d need a ported manifold. Think badger 5 do them for 2 grand. Not the cheapest bit of kit.
FMIC is probably couple of hundred maybe 3 and pipes on top.
Think creation do it for 250 all in. Roughly.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3” Sustem, FMIC, Bosh 550’s,
BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
I’m not too clued up on the building of the turbo.
Just that a few have gone hybrid and n our club and wish they’d gone big.
Also believe for best results you’d need a ported manifold. Think badger 5 do them for 2 grand. Not the cheapest bit of kit.
FMIC is probably couple of hundred maybe 3 and pipes on top.
Think creation do it for 250 all in. Roughly.

250ish is really good. Is it a big one like the airtech and forge ones? And im not 100% if mine is the 4 branch manifold. Looks like it but i know its not the oem one

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Nope I bought a pretty expensive toyo sport version and had Badger5 fit it so not a cheap way to do it but cooler good for 500 gee gees.
My body won’t allow me to do much work on the car as I am sporting 2 displaced discs in my lower back.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Nope I bought a pretty expensive toyo sport version and had Badger5 fit it so not a cheap way to do it but cooler good for 500 gee gees.
My body won’t allow me to do much work on the car as I am sporting 2 displaced discs in my lower back.

Ah asif! Ye im doing all the work myself but i think i might have to get the air tech one as it comes with an adjysyed

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Was going to say the air tech comes with crash bar.
I’ve been digging and Apparently pipes on the creation version need cutting back to length too.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Ye ive seen a second hand mishimoto one but i would have to source my own pipes and cut em back amd itl look a dogs dinner, i want it to look pretty tight and neat :happy:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Agree.
Had mine sprayed black, nice and stealthy, welded in flow and out flow pipes, kept the fogs too. Happy days.
7b9e15884aa4cacc0744047dfe336cc4.jpg

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Don’t do the pipes like this one.
Total nightmare getting to the pipe clamps when one blows off.
Had one of mine blow off on track, was pretty accessible from wheel arch and through fog grill.
709502001c02fde4e8423fb133deda20.jpg

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Looks ace that. I was hoping i wouldnt have to delete fogs when i fit it. Thats why i want a nice tight fit. Saw an lcr for sale with the pipes actually jutting out of the bumper :doh:
Not a good look!

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
20181229_120956.jpg

Fitted this yesterday. Not entirely happy with it as it cracked on application. Tommorows jobs are painting the callipers, wrapping the headlights and if ive time im going to do the big mouth grill mod and put honeycomb on the three vents on and around the badge.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
View attachment 3610
Fitted this yesterday. Not entirely happy with it as it cracked on application. Tommorows jobs are painting the callipers, wrapping the headlights and if ive time im going to do the big mouth grill mod and put honeycomb on the three vents on and around the badge.
You've got a busy day ahead of you lol see who finishes first you doing all that or me cleaning the car.

I saw that cupra r rear light facia thing and thought it looked pretty cool.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.