OBDeleven modifications

Deleted member 98136

I couldn't find a setting in Infotainment settings menu. Did a factory reset and now have lock / unlock chirp ;)

Previous coding appears to have stayed.
kiddo,
is yours a prefacelift or a facelft version ?
Thank you

Deleted member 103408

There is from memory a solution on new cars on the spannish site. i will try and find the code.

Deleted member 103408

This is the bit of coding I saw, but i have not been able to get hold of a new car to see if it makes any difference to the open close beep

The alarm is already working (08/03/2017), in bold the changes with respect to how it was previously.
1. Go to Module 09 - Electronic control unit
2. Enter Encoding (press up to the right, Bytes mode)
3. Go to Byte 12
4. Activate Bit 0
5. Confirm (V), code 31347
6. Go back, to Adaptation, same module
7. Enter anti-theft device
8. in DWA Alarmverzoegerung, change value to "Driver door contact thatcham"
9. in DWA Camper Modus, change value to "On"
10. in Ueberwachung Innenentriegelungshebel, change value to "On"
11. (optional) in Sirenen Alarmzahl, put the number of times it will beep when the alarm goes off, you can put 1 or 10, by default it is already 10.
12. in Akustischer Alarm Signalhorn, change value to "On"
13. in Diebstahlwarnanlage, change value to "On"
14. Confirm, code 31347
fifteen.
16. To make the horn sound when opening / closing:
17. Go to Ring the horn when opening and / or closing the car
The detection possibilities of the OEM alarm:
• Someone breaks a window, passes the arm and opens the door with the door handle ... the alarm sounds.
• Someone breaks the driver's window, passes the arm and opens the hood with the hood handle ... the alarm sounds
• Someone forces the hood with a lever ... the alarm sounds
• Someone forces the tailgate with a lever ... the alarm sounds

I wanted to consult something. The question is that I followed the instructions of the partner to activate the alarm oem and the question is that supposedly everything is correctly activated but when I try it to see if it sounds, it does not sound like nada.mi car is manufactured in October is a my18 and this issue already has me a little fly. can someone do me a cable? my version of vag com is 17.8 ...

I did this and mine is a MY18 too and it works correctly:

Enter Encoding (press up to the right, Bytes mode)

Go to Byte 12

Activate Bit 0

Confirm (V), code 31347

Go back, to Adaptation, same module

Enter anti-theft protection

in DWA Alarmverzoegerung, change value to "Driver door contact thatcham"

in DWA Camper Modus, change value to "On"

in Ueberwachung Innenentriegelungshelbel, change value to "On"

(optional) in Sirenen Alarmzahl, put the number of times it will beep when the alarm goes off, you can put 1 or 10, by default it is already 10.

in Akustischer Alarm Signalhorn, change value to "On"

in Diebstahlwarnanlage, change value to "On"

Confirm, code 31347

Submenu - Response signals
Akustische Rueckmeldung global (Change value to "activated")
Akustische Rueckmeldung Signalhorn (Change value to "activated")

Mine is also a MY18 and following these same steps the OEM alarm works perfectly for me. I have to say that the horn without contact was already activated at the factory.

check out www.clubseatleon.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=116700&sid=d85413c0a1a093a436b510583d3ec5ea&start=4965 and use a tranlate plugin on your browser.

Deleted member 98136

WOW thats sounds all a bit long winded, confusing too because after reading it there doesn't seem to be a mention of keyfob and arming/disarming the alarm from that and a resultant chirp.
Or have I misunderstood it ?

Deleted member 103408

The issue seems to be that on the facelift cars the original coding either does not work or it only makes a tiny noise that cant be heard.

The above coding implied that there was some stuff that could be changed that would make it work. As I don't have access to one I am afraid I cant play with the settings to see if its possible. On my car (the original coding) it worked perfectly first time (once I had done the factory reset).

Afraid this is where you have to make changes and see if it works on your car or not.

According to the spanish site
All models - This has been tested up to MY18
With this mod you can make that when closing, opening or in both cases there is an audible signal with the horn.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic control unit. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Response signals
4 - Akustische rueckmeldung entriegeln - (Change value to On) (It will give two beeps when opening)
5 - Akustische rueckmeldung verriegeln - (Change value to On) (It will beep once close)
6 - Akustische rueckmeldung global - (Change value to On)
7 - Akustische rueckmeldung signalhorn - (Change value to On)
8 - Menuesteuerung akustische rueckmeldung - (Change value to On) (On-screen menu)
9 - Dauer der akustischen rueckmeldung vom einfachhorn - Normal (Long) or Kurz (Short)
Another form
1 - Applications
2 - Lock / Unlock acoustic confirmation

But a number of people on this and other sites say it does not work anymore.

Deleted member 103408

Just a quick heads up saw this today on the OBD11 Forum with regards to History not showing the full detail.

Ok, got resolution working with OBDEleven support. For me, to get what I want (full history) I have to filter it on the individual items i.e. "apps" will give me a complete list of app changes, "Adapations", "Long coding". So I can no longer get a complete, unfiltered list of my changes in a single file, I have to send them individually. A pain but at least it works.

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/4840/full-history-emailed#ixzz5XyPkxEFX

Deleted member 98136

The issue seems to be that on the facelift cars the original coding either does not work or it only makes a tiny noise that cant be heard.

The above coding implied that there was some stuff that could be changed that would make it work. As I don't have access to one I am afraid I cant play with the settings to see if its possible. On my car (the original coding) it worked perfectly first time (once I had done the factory reset).

Afraid this is where you have to make changes and see if it works on your car or not.

According to the spanish site
All models - This has been tested up to MY18
With this mod you can make that when closing, opening or in both cases there is an audible signal with the horn.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic control unit. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Response signals
4 - Akustische rueckmeldung entriegeln - (Change value to On) (It will give two beeps when opening)
5 - Akustische rueckmeldung verriegeln - (Change value to On) (It will beep once close)
6 - Akustische rueckmeldung global - (Change value to On)
7 - Akustische rueckmeldung signalhorn - (Change value to On)
8 - Menuesteuerung akustische rueckmeldung - (Change value to On) (On-screen menu)
9 - Dauer der akustischen rueckmeldung vom einfachhorn - Normal (Long) or Kurz (Short)
Another form
1 - Applications
2 - Lock / Unlock acoustic confirmation

But a number of people on this and other sites say it does not work anymore.
Yes I know what you mean regarding previous version, enabled on mine with no problem and I don't remember having to do a reset either.

I feel that if there is a fix for this it will come from the Spanish site first, how many spaniards work on the production of these and actually own one and then maybe have "inside" knowledge regards the coding.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
This is the bit of coding I saw, but i have not been able to get hold of a new car to see if it makes any difference to the open close beep

The alarm is already working (08/03/2017), in bold the changes with respect to how it was previously.
1. Go to Module 09 - Electronic control unit
2. Enter Encoding (press up to the right, Bytes mode)
3. Go to Byte 12
4. Activate Bit 0
5. Confirm (V), code 31347
6. Go back, to Adaptation, same module
7. Enter anti-theft device
8. in DWA Alarmverzoegerung, change value to "Driver door contact thatcham"
9. in DWA Camper Modus, change value to "On"
10. in Ueberwachung Innenentriegelungshebel, change value to "On"
11. (optional) in Sirenen Alarmzahl, put the number of times it will beep when the alarm goes off, you can put 1 or 10, by default it is already 10.
12. in Akustischer Alarm Signalhorn, change value to "On"
13. in Diebstahlwarnanlage, change value to "On"
14. Confirm, code 31347
fifteen.
16. To make the horn sound when opening / closing:
17. Go to Ring the horn when opening and / or closing the car
The detection possibilities of the OEM alarm:
• Someone breaks a window, passes the arm and opens the door with the door handle ... the alarm sounds.
• Someone breaks the driver's window, passes the arm and opens the hood with the hood handle ... the alarm sounds
• Someone forces the hood with a lever ... the alarm sounds
• Someone forces the tailgate with a lever ... the alarm sounds

I wanted to consult something. The question is that I followed the instructions of the partner to activate the alarm oem and the question is that supposedly everything is correctly activated but when I try it to see if it sounds, it does not sound like nada.mi car is manufactured in October is a my18 and this issue already has me a little fly. can someone do me a cable? my version of vag com is 17.8 ...

I did this and mine is a MY18 too and it works correctly:

Enter Encoding (press up to the right, Bytes mode)

Go to Byte 12

Activate Bit 0

Confirm (V), code 31347

Go back, to Adaptation, same module

Enter anti-theft protection

in DWA Alarmverzoegerung, change value to "Driver door contact thatcham"

in DWA Camper Modus, change value to "On"

in Ueberwachung Innenentriegelungshelbel, change value to "On"

(optional) in Sirenen Alarmzahl, put the number of times it will beep when the alarm goes off, you can put 1 or 10, by default it is already 10.

in Akustischer Alarm Signalhorn, change value to "On"

in Diebstahlwarnanlage, change value to "On"

Confirm, code 31347

Submenu - Response signals
Akustische Rueckmeldung global (Change value to "activated")
Akustische Rueckmeldung Signalhorn (Change value to "activated")

Mine is also a MY18 and following these same steps the OEM alarm works perfectly for me. I have to say that the horn without contact was already activated at the factory.

check out www.clubseatleon.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=116700&sid=d85413c0a1a093a436b510583d3ec5ea&start=4965 and use a tranlate plugin on your browser.
I've tried this and the other settings and it's still very quiet and intermittent on mine.

...if only I could read German!

Deleted member 103408

Do a backup of your control unit and then start converting to English in your Excel Control Spreadsheet.

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 22.19.24.png

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
I've tried this and the other settings and it's still very quiet and intermittent on mine.

...if only I could read German!

Alarm confirmation beep - I did the same settings including factory reset of the settings (all settings….).

I used vcds but I think it makes not any difference from obd11.

In the end I skipped the two parameters:

6 - Akustische rueckmeldung global
7 - Akustische rueckmeldung signalhorn

I have disabled them since I couldn’t detect any difference. I suppose the signal should be redirected to the ordinary horn instead of alarm horn with those parameters. They didn’t. (They did on our former Golf 7 -14 wagon/variant without alarm.)

I any case I get one short confirmation when I lock and two short during unlock.

When I lock sometimes it’s hard to hear the single response signal. I moved myself to the front of the car, then I heard it during every locking action, sometimes weak but it was there. The signal is set to “normal”.

/Peter

Last edited:
Reactions: paddy6789

Deleted member 103408

Yes VCDS/OBD11 Do the same thing (the change the cars settings so both the same)

Newer cars don't seem to have the sound to make it worth turning this on. The Pre Facelift cars (like mine) make a very nice sound so you now the door is open/closed (as did the MK7).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.