are there any 3-4 hour (round trip) drives that i can do (greater manchester)

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
are there any 3-4 hour (round trip) drives that i can do starting from Walkden Foodhall, Walkden Retail Park, Walkden M28 3UD? im looking for some fun/scenic drives. so preferably nothing with GATSOs and no boring motorways with congested traffic! i dond mind motorways if im mobile, but would prefer to stay off those (wouldnt be be opposed to using them on the way back)

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
North Wales is less than one hour from Manchester, has some great driving roads and is also home of the Evo Triangle.

Also if your interested in aviation/photography the mach loop can be worth a visit. Both these sites mentioned can be found on the web

Mk2 Seat Leon FR TFSI

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
North Wales is less than one hour from Manchester, has some great driving roads and is also home of the Evo Triangle.

Also if your interested in aviation/photography the mach loop can be worth a visit. Both these sites mentioned can be found on the web

Mk2 Seat Leon FR TFSI
do you know the names of any particularly interesting roads down towards wales, or will i have a blast with any of them?

ill do some research on the mach loop and see whats up, thank you

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
What about snakes pass near Blackburn? @Maypack what did you think?

In the right weather and on a good day,it’s a great road for opening up the engine and having some fun. Some nice straights and some twisty bits too.

If I was to do it again I’d like to go over it, turn round and go back the other way to see which was better.

Give it a try.

Deleted member 103408

Reactions: kanyewest

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
"funding has been secured to ‘improve safety’" Riiiiight.
Living in the area of the Evo Triangle,I have seen a number of tragic traffic accidents on that particular route, more so since evo magazine named it and exposed the route to the public.

The route is totally enjoyable at the legal speeds, however very few obey the limits of the speed, the layout of the road and their driving capabilities.

Mk2 Seat Leon FR TFSI

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
how does this journey look? im thinking of spending my christmas day taking advantage of the (hopefully) empty roads! feel free to amend the journey and post the link if youre aware of any better roads along the way

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ree...97b86!2m2!1d-2.5348485!2d53.5809727!3e0?hl=en

i ended up going down this route. i spent over 6 hours on the road on boxing day! i was supposed to go with a friend, but he was hungover -.-

getting out of manchester was a pain (as usual), and then then 50mph average roads past birmingham were a pain too, but after that stretch of boring driving, it descended into into the autobahn or something (i didnt join in ofc:cheeky:). incredible views and nice stretches of motorway where i was able to let loose and enjoy the car. then there was the triangle, ive never had so much fun in this car before!! you dont really need to go faster than 70 and there are tons of blind bends so be careful if you havent been before. cant wait for my next road trip

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.