OBDeleven modifications

Deleted member 103408

I would always recommend full backup simply because you might forget the others later.

But if you dont have the patience for that then just do the ones you are going to work on.

App does have history but I much prefer the backup.

rrafael90

Nov 10, 2018
Hello.
If you have factory warranty, make these changes, will not affect it? I ask this because I read in an Audi forum that the owner changed some things on his A4 and the dealer canceled his warranty by connecting another computer / device (other than theirs) in the car's central station.

rrafael90

Nov 10, 2018
Ah ok.
In my case, I have to wait a few years.
My 2017 Leon has warranty until 2021. 4 years warranty is good for one side, but bad for the other

Deleted member 103408

Warranty is a very grey area. My personal understanding (and i am well out of warranty) is that if you wanted to buy an extended warranty they may refuse if they see you have modified the car. With regards to making a warranty claim if you are claiming for a new rear light (because its cracked) or a new gearbox because its broken they would find it very very difficult to claim you had caused that using one of these tools.

However if you changes the dashboard settings and it failed they may (and what i have seen its only when people tell them they used VCDS/OBD11/CARISTA) refuse this work. I also see much more feedback on these issue in the USA vs Europe (not to say it does not happen but a lot less noise about it)

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Hello.
If you have factory warranty, make these changes, will not affect it? I ask this because I read in an Audi forum that the owner changed some things on his A4 and the dealer canceled his warranty by connecting another computer / device (other than theirs) in the car's central station.

I would be astonished if anyone at the dealer will ask..... I have changed settings with vcds on the last five new VAG cars we have bought. There heave been some warranty matters. No one have mentioned anything about my own “change of settings”.

However if you end up with problem caused by you change, that will be a different situation.

/Peter

rrafael90

Nov 10, 2018
Warranty is a very grey area. My personal understanding (and i am well out of warranty) is that if you wanted to buy an extended warranty they may refuse if they see you have modified the car. With regards to making a warranty claim if you are claiming for a new rear light (because its cracked) or a new gearbox because its broken they would find it very very difficult to claim you had caused that using one of these tools.

However if you changes the dashboard settings and it failed they may (and what i have seen its only when people tell them they used VCDS/OBD11/CARISTA) refuse this work. I also see much more feedback on these issue in the USA vs Europe (not to say it does not happen but a lot less noise about it)

I have the same opinion!
are always trying to escape with responsibility in case they have to replace any component, especially if it is expensive. You have to always make "noise" to get them to replace what is necessary.
I did not buy warranty extension. Here in Portugal, I think that all deallers offer 4 years warranty on certain models (my mother has a Ibiza FR from 2016 and also has a 4 years warranty) I bought mine and also have the same 4 years. Both without any additional cost.

rrafael90

Nov 10, 2018
I would be astonished if anyone at the dealer will ask..... I have changed settings with vcds on the last five new VAG cars we have bought. There heave been some warranty matters. No one have mentioned anything about my own “change of settings”.

However if you end up with problem caused by you change, that will be a different situation.

/Peter

I just do not risk it because some of the changes I like to make will be very visible (for example, changing the background of the on-board computer), so do not risk
do them so that they have no possibility to complain and say that I have been changing things.

Deleted member 103408

I had a quick watch and I've successfully managed one click mirrors and carbon background for FIS and the infotainment thanks

So to recap I've done:
1 click mirrors
Carbon backgrounds
Lock chirp
Needle sweep
Lap time
Refuel amount
Driving school

Not sure what else I can do

Have a read through the various forums there is loads of stuff you can do.
If you find VCDS Coding you can convert that very easily as well.

Deleted member 103408

I just do not risk it because some of the changes I like to make will be very visible (for example, changing the background of the on-board computer), so do not risk
do them so that they have no possibility to complain and say that I have been changing things.

Better safe that sorry understand that but Just revert them when you take the car in. Thats the joy of these tools.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I had a quick watch and I've successfully managed one click mirrors and carbon background for FIS and the infotainment thanks

So to recap I've done:
1 click mirrors
Carbon backgrounds
Lock chirp
Needle sweep
Lap time
Refuel amount
Driving school

Not sure what else I can do
Other things you could try are tear drop wipe, increase lane change blinker count (or whatever its called ha), change throttle response, remove door open alarm and add drl settings to menu to name a few I have done. Also used obdeleven to help update infotainment software to run later tile version rather than carousel but not sure if that's something your interested in / need as unsure on model of Infotainment you have. Heres a link to obdeleven forum thread which lists coding available http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations

You're not far from me so if you need any help maybe we can meet and I can assist ;)

Last edited:

rrafael90

Nov 10, 2018
My main problem is if the on-board computer creates some type of log from connecting a device and they then will see it and cancel my warranty. It's more because of that, I don’t make any changes, if not, there were some more discrete ones I would risk doing.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.