Attending a Trackday?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Do these places just allow people to rock up and watch lol that's not far from me (just over an hour lol) Not really been to a track day...

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Do these places just allow people to rock up and watch lol that's not far from me (just over an hour lol) Not really been to a track day...
id love to do one just too afraid of wrecking my daily commuter. Friend at work does drift days in a old 5 series. 10 quid as a passenger that kind of kills the urge !!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

I will double check but a lot of sites do allow people to be spectators.

Passengers are allowed here its £10-00 plus £10-00 for a helmet hire (unless you have your own (bike helmets are not good enough))

Deleted member 103408

You are more than welcome, the only downside is you have to talk about cars a lot :)

Track opens at 7-30, There is a drive round at 09-30 so we can get used to the track and getting on and off. Actual track driving starts at 09-45 and finishes at about 4pm (or later subject to light and weather).
Lunch is between 12-30 and 13-30 (when we all rush off to get more fuel) and there is no driving then.

There are toilets, Showers and Canteen on the site, last track day with these guys there was also free tea and coffe.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I will double check but a lot of sites do allow people to be spectators.

Passengers are allowed here its £10-00 plus £10-00 for a helmet hire (unless you have your own (bike helmets are not good enough))

Not so sure that’s correct re the helmet buddy.
You can wear a proper motorbike helmet
There is not much difference tbh.
All our helmets are from pro bike shops.
Mines an AGV
What you can’t wear is a motocross style helmet with extended chin bar.
Likewise, no open faced helmets If driving an open top car.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3” Sustem, FMIC, Bosh 550’s,
BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Deleted member 103408

As always you are correct, its the Motocross helmets I was on about.

Deleted member 103408

just had a breakdown and oil spill so they are cleaning the track so here are some pics of cars here
20181202_110854.jpg
20181202_101714.jpg

Attachments

• 20181202_110854.jpg
    20181202_110854.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 87

Deleted member 103408

This is a small track but it packs an awfull lot in. i will put up a vid latet but its very different (in a good way) to the other tracks i have done.

there is no fuel on site and there are not many super unleaded petrol stations in the area but they do provide a sheet with detail of location. Morrison's is close but only 95Ron and they dont open till 09-00.
There is a local station but it does not open on a Sunday so be warned and check if you are going.

Toilets are basic. food is good and its typical Lincolnshire open and windy and the reason there is no static testing is because the neighbors do not like it in the morning so happy to just use the drive buy testing. They Run a single warning and then off system

Good mix of track cars and people like me. this track is run anti clockwise and you overtake on the right. Lots off run off but the concrete edges in winter are not good to use seen a few guys spinning

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 103408

Some more pics

I want one
2.jpg

But these sort of things happen.
(Car being towed home after breaking down and spilling oil)

1.jpg

3.jpg

And now for the weird.
Bright Green (very new) Subarau with two Chineese people (wo did not speak good English so not locals.

I did not get a pic of the car however all over the dash were these figures (sorry for the bad picture)
4.jpg

Not sure this is very safe for a track day ????????

Deleted member 103408

And the car I want the most (AUSTIN METRO - I did own and Auto one once)

Screenshot 2018-12-02 at 19.27.00.png

And finally the fastest car on the track
Screenshot 2018-12-02 at 19.26.39.png

Deleted member 103408

Quick video of the sighting laps to give you a look at the track.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Did I just see the stig drive past at the end haha that looks like a nice track!

Deleted member 103408

No it was one of the Lotus 7 / Caterums, but they did a good job cleaning it up so we could all get back out again.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members