Ireland Configurator

Tell

Staff member
The Irish configurator is live with all the goodies that the UK don't seem to be getting, but until we see the UK configurator

https://configurator.seat.ie/seat-cc/tablet-tablet-009_DEFAULT-en-normal.view?msk=1

DCC, Navigation Plus, Mapcare, Electric seats, Beats 10 audio speakers, Panoramic roof all listed as optional extras. DAB is unbundled thou. Doesn't mention traffic sign recognition or heated front windscreen or mirrors. Silent on the winter pack.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
The Irish configurator is live with all the goodies that the UK don't seem to be getting, but until we see the UK configurator

https://configurator.seat.ie/seat-cc/tablet-tablet-009_DEFAULT-en-normal.view?msk=1

DCC, Navigation Plus, Mapcare, Electric seats, Beats 10 audio speakers, Panoramic roof all listed as optional extras. DAB is unbundled thou. Doesn't mention traffic sign recognition or heated front windscreen or mirrors. Silent on the winter pack.
Winter Pack is standard according to the "Interior" configurator page

Tell

Staff member
That won't be be the front screen.

Problem with the term winter pack it's not the same across the Seat range. Like the Arona Xcellence Lux doesn't have a winter pack, but does have heated mirrors. Not nozzles. No sign of a heated windscreen. Got a feeling that one just isn't on the Tarraco based on the German configurator.

The UK price list as per yesterday light washer spray and heated seats was all you got in the Winter Pack on the Xcellence Lux and First Editions.

Ok well once we see the UK brochure and configurator it will be clear what the restricted UK options are. I much prefer to buy a car like the Germans do not on marketing complete packages but in option form.

Tell

Staff member
I had thought about importing my own yes, get Navigation Plus with Mapcare without the need to get it hacked. In Northern Ireland so I understand Eire cars get sold in the North.

My thinking is got the Ateca how I want it now, can't reprovide the same equipment on the Tarraco now since it's not on offer... so why bother. That £40,000 cap is a disincentive as car prices increase.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019

A lot of the stuff is standard on the xcellence trim in the UK that are extras in IE seems like

Tell

Staff member
The German configurator has all the goodies on it.

The Irish always had different specs to us on the Ateca. Some menu on Lane Assist were not enabled so it weaved. You could turn this on as you can with most of the VAG stuff via VCDS coding. Helped somebody out on that one with Obdeleven.

The Navigation Plus and the 10 speaker sound system in the UK is now the preserve of the Cupras. Non plussed with marketting men telling you what you can have in your car whilst in other markets you can have what you like.

Since most of the cars are obtained as PCP agreements reckon it's a cunning way of keeping the second-hand fleet specified like this than a hotch pot of cars coming back in which are all different.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.