1.5tsi or 2.0tsi

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Hi,

Due to family requirements increasing :cry: and my Cupra near the end of its finance period we need something a little bigger. So im looking at the Ateca for the next car. Ill be honest, I will be sad to see the Cupra go as it has been a real hoot and a very capable car.

So my question is guys which engine would you order out of the 1.5/2.0?

Im leaning towards the 1.5 as its a lot cheaper and the 2.0 doesnt seem to offer much more for the money. I am aiming for the excellence lux. My commute is 2 miles with one trip to London every month, so diesel isn't really an option.

Thanks,
Matt

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
1.5 TSI EVO 150 DSG-auto every time. By far the best value-for-money combination in the Ateca range :thumbup:

Reactions: matthab

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
Question for you guys, does the 1.5 WLTP have the gpf fitted yet?

Does the excellence lux have seat sound?

No Seat Sound on Lux

There are also a few features that wont be on by default but can be enabled by VCDS (TSR,Traffic Assist)

Rainman

Sep 25, 2018
Its hard to tell .....in brochure and details provided at the website ....it seems that not only excellence lux but across the range seat sound system-beats does not exist .....
I think its better to ask a dealer or mail seat.....unless someone inhere already has the 2019 ateca and can advise you ....either way if it doesn't there is no option of ordering it also....blame the WLPT for this ....

As for gpf all of them 2019 MY has them unless you managed to secure an old one ...which is kind of difficult as it was coming with the 1.4 eco tsi engine ....so if its the 1,5 then yes it has gpf

Tell

Staff member
Will be the marketing men in the UK rather than WLPT. You look at the German configurator and that will show you the full range of options. It does for the Tarraco then what you see in the UK is what the Seat UK people bundle into marketing bundles. Navigation Plus in the standard Ateca is now out but on all Ateca Cupra. To me the marketing game can be seen. Essentially in the UK the cars are seen as Seat fleet cars and you are renting one which you'll return to them if you don't fully buy it via a PCP so they are looking at their fleet of cars which they are generating an income from. They say it's about making it simple for the buyer, no for themselves. Such radical thinking :). Hard cheddar if you actually want to buy a car specced like European Seats.

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Will be the marketing men in the UK rather than WLPT. You look at the German configurator and that will show you the full range of options. It does for the Tarraco then what you see in the UK is what the Seat UK people bundle into marketing bundles. Navigation Plus in the standard Ateca is now out but on all Ateca Cupra. To me the marketing game can be seen. Essentially in the UK the cars are seen as Seat fleet cars and you are renting one which you'll return to them if you don't fully buy it via a PCP so they are looking at their fleet of cars which they are generating an income from. They say it's about making it simple for the buyer, no for themselves. Such radical thinking :). Hard cheddar if you actually want to buy a car specced like European Seats.

Thats a shame I really like the Seat Sound in my Leon, its worlds above the standard sound system.

Tell

Staff member
Thats a shame I really like the Seat Sound in my Leon, its worlds above the standard sound system.

Based on the German configurator for the Ateca I reckon the equivalent to the Seat Sound System is this

BeatsAudioTM sound system, 9 speakers, 12 channel digital amplifier, subwoofer, 340 watts total power

Compared with

8 speakers

As per the UK configurator. Presume missing the sub woofer and centre speaker.

I quess Erwin updated manuals would throw some light on it. The 2016 Ateca without the Seat Sound System missed out on the front dash speaker and the subwoofer.

Basically that's about the same except we have this

"12 channel digital amplifier"

VW cars have an option of having an outboard power amplifier connected via an optical link into the Mib2. This luxury system wasn't offered on Seats. Not sure without further research whether the option as shown on the German site is Seat's equivalent. I guess so other than that they are saying the mib2 quadlock has that pin out. Doubt it's saying that.

You can bet that's on the Ateca Cupra.... I love my Seat Sound System also. Good base sounds and you don't have to over work the door speakers as those that don't have it are liable too ;).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.