Order Lead Times

DavRei

Oct 16, 2018
Any info on the backlog of orders on the Ibiza 1.5 TSI? I’ve read elsewhere that production on that will resume in week 48, and I’d be nice to know where my order is in the queue....

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
What sort of hire/courtesy car are Seat obliged to loan me? They have said that I can have one from December.
They're not "obliged" to loan you anything. They are offering you a car as a goodwill gesture to keep you mobile whilst you wait for your car to be delivered. They will endeavour to supply a suitable car of a similar size and type to the one you have on order.

Krambo

Oct 6, 2018
They're not "obliged" to loan you anything. They are offering you a car as a goodwill gesture to keep you mobile whilst you wait for your car to be delivered. They will endeavour to supply a suitable car of a similar size and type to the one you have on order.
Thank you

Laura de los Santos

Oct 8, 2018
So just to be clear, when my building week is confirmed should I have a mail from seat uk confirming? Or just from my dealer? Or both?

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
There's a theory on the Spanish Ibiza forum that manufacturers are allowed to sell a % of old engines which haven't passed the new emissions tests. For SEAT these are diesels, so orders for those are being pushed through production faster than petrol cars where there is currently a shortage of petrol engines. There's a thread there of people who have seen their scheduled / confirmed dates fall back repeatedly, but in the last week a few of them have seen dates jump forward too and even a couple of cars arrive!

Reactions: kanyewest

sembattis

Jun 28, 2018
Any info on the backlog of orders on the Ibiza 1.5 TSI? I’ve read elsewhere that production on that will resume in week 48, and I’d be nice to know where my order is in the queue....

I'm wondering exactly the same. When did you place your order? I did mine in May, but the car was already ordered by the dealer then, so I'm not sure when the original order was placed. However the dealer called a month ago and said that the expected build week is 48, but I have not heard anything after that which is a bit worrying me.

Is the 1.5TSI EVO for Ibiza open for orders anywhere? I have not been able to find any information about the WLTP certified engine. I'm also interested in how the CO2 emissions will be on paper with that engine.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw48 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 8-10 weeks
Ibiza 8-10 weeks
Leon 5dr 8-10 weeks
Leon ST 8-10 weeks
Arona 8-10 weeks
Ateca 8-10 weeks
Alhambra 8-10 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI +4 weeks

Leon 1.0 TSI +4 weeks
Leon 1.5 TSI +4 weeks

Leon ST 1.0 TSI +4 weeks
Leon ST 1.5 TSI +4 weeks
Leon ST CUPRA +6 weeks

Ateca 1.0 TSI +4 weeks
Ateca FR Sport +6 weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory options not listed.

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
I'm wondering exactly the same. When did you place your order? I did mine in May, but the car was already ordered by the dealer then, so I'm not sure when the original order was placed. However the dealer called a month ago and said that the expected build week is 48, but I have not heard anything after that which is a bit worrying me.

Is the 1.5TSI EVO for Ibiza open for orders anywhere? I have not been able to find any information about the WLTP certified engine. I'm also interested in how the CO2 emissions will be on paper with that engine.
I went to a local dealer in West Yorkshire and they said I couldn't even order an Ibiza 1.5 TSI EVO DSG model. It would be Jan until I could order and then that would be outside the 0% interest deal on PCP

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
I went to a local dealer in West Yorkshire and they said I couldn't even order an Ibiza 1.5 TSI EVO DSG model...
You can't...

Ibiza 1.5 disappeared off the uk site
...It would be Jan until I could order and then that would be outside the 0% interest deal on PCP
...and you won't be able to then, either.

But then DSG-auto was never available with the 1.5 TSI EVO 150 engine on Ibiza, so you shouldn't have been overly surprised!

Last edited:

Janne_H

Jul 18, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
Bit of Swedish update regarding AtecaFR 2,0 TSI - order placed 28 may, accepted by factory 12 november, preliminary build wk 11 and probable delivery wk 15-16.
Long wait but hopefully worth it. :)

Aaron Reeve

Dec 4, 2018
Crawley
@Scrogg i hope you don't mind me helping out around in your thread :)

CW49 UPDATE

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 8-10 Weeks
Ibiza 8-10 Weeks
Arona 8-10 Weeks
Leon 5dr / ST 8-10 Weeks
Ateca 8-10 Weeks
Tarraco 10-12 Weeks
Alhambra 8-10 Weeks

Additional Lead Times

1.0 TSI Ibiza/Leon/Ateca +4 Weeks
1.5 150ps Leon +4 Weeks
FR Sport Ateca +4 Weeks
CUPRA Leon ST +6 Weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory options not listed.

Aaron Reeve

Dec 4, 2018
Crawley
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.