What are you using...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Might get one of the driers for Christmas. Probably from me, to me! Lol.

I'm flat broke now. Everyone's getting a framed picture of my car for xmas. I've just bought her some Eibach Pro street coilovers for xmas. Considering a trip to R-tech for a full carbon / injector clean. Although may do this next year now.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Today's detailing is brought to you by the following...

Wheels
AB Purple rain
AB Brite gel
Poor boys wheel sealant

Bodywork
AB Citrus spray
AF Avalanche snow foam
AB Purple Rain
AB Just the tonic
AG shampoo
AF Finale
AF Triple 3
AF Ultra Glaze
AF Tough coat
Collinite 845 wax

Plastics
Meguires ultimate black

Might of missed something but hey...

IMG_20181204_113431-1305x2320__01.jpg

Reactions: Sharpy

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looking really good. Respect you using Triple and Glaze. Remind me what Finale is? LOL. I should do a pic of my car for worst it's ever looked at the mo. I think they tested my coilovers in a field.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
i need your help to clean the inside of my windscreen. im buying some microfibre cloths tonight, so share what you guys use to clean please. my windscreen gets quite foggy too, any idea what i could use to stop this as im not too fond of air conditioning

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
i need your help to clean the inside of my windscreen. im buying some microfibre cloths tonight, so share what you guys use to clean please. my windscreen gets quite foggy too, any idea what i could use to stop this as im not too fond of air conditioning
I find that microfibers make it harder to clean windows... I use kitchen towel or a proper glass cleaning cloth. I get fog in mine when i don't use Air con if it's raining etc, I see this in new cars as well... I guess you could get an anti fogging spray like you can put on goggles which may help...

Or maybe the caramics glass cleaner protection by Auto Finesse?

Reactions: kanyewest

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I use micro fibres and meguairs window cleaner, you to spend a bit of time to get it right, windows are a pain in the ring. You just need to be patient. Having them clean does help with the fogging but I just have my Climate control on all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
You'll find that everyone uses something different and swears by it, but just doesn't work for others... thats why detailing is so expensive as you need to try lots before you get the winning formula..

Is it Aqua coat that you spray on while the car is wet and then you dry it off I cannot remember...

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Haha thats a mistake lol @Sharpy is a detailer and he's been doing it alot longer than I have lol

Very kind of you.
You'll find that everyone uses something different and swears by it, but just doesn't work for others... thats why detailing is so expensive as you need to try lots before you get the winning formula..

Is it Aqua coat that you spray on while the car is wet and then you dry it off I cannot remember...

This. I have been doing it for a while but I am still open to learning, I have tried a few things for windows particularity as I find them annoying, the worst thing with micro fibre clothes is they tend to leave a bit of dust behind still attached to the spray so you then spend the next 6 weeks chasing it round the glass until you go mad. Ive tried a few different types of clothes but never really found anything that makes it easy.

Window wipes work okay but I find they can leave a smear... although they may be better now as its been a whole since I used them. Might just grab some and see what they're like now.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Who wants to try...

We have a "touchless" car wash near us, its not actually touchless as it uses brushes on the wheels and when they miss the wheels they scratch the paint which is nice.... this look much better.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Merry Christmas, from me to me.

1258ff1ef0d2cf07a9faf8718a82e803.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well I like the wax and the dell laptop charging cable lol

What's with thr air hockey Puck things lol

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
They go on the outside corners of the tyres to stop the hose getting caught... it’s not a major issue but you know, why not. Lol

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
They go on the outside corners of the tyres to stop the hose getting caught... it’s not a major issue but you know, why not. Lol

First World problems lol

I'll take a set haha it is Christmas

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members