what did you and your mk3 leon do today

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I want to do this too mate. How do you do it?

How do you use the plastidip? It just comes in an aerosol can and you clean the area you want to work on properly and give it lots of light coatings with 30 mins in between each layer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Naylor92

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
How do you use the plastidip? It just comes in an aerosol can and you clean the area you want to work on properly and give it lots of light coatings with 30 mins in between each layer

Okay cool. Where can I get some from? Do you just rape around the areas?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Haha definitely don't rape around the areas!!

:roflmao:
741q.gif

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018

I ordered mine from amazon. I’d recommend not doing as you say! But yeah I used a bin bag and cut it down one side and opened it up so it covers more and then taped it to the car and cut a square out in the middle where I was working on

Reactions: Naylor92

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Oh dear, are we going to get some kind of #MeToo campaign going following this post :O

#ICan'tTypeEither

Yeah people who PlastoDip the badges generally mask off the surrounding areas.

However Not sure if this is true, the chrome bits can be flicked out with a screw driver. Not something I fancy doing myself.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
I ordered mine from amazon. I’d recommend not doing as you say! But yeah I used a bin bag and cut it down one side and opened it up so it covers more and then taped it to the car and cut a square out in the middle where I was working on

Okay chap cheers. Is it easy enough to do then would you say and do you have any pictures??

Reactions: cupra300uk

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018

Also, did you just get the black spray and buy just the one can?

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
7diPTzo.jpg
Here's some inspiration for the taping off. I did the above to dip the chrome surround, I left the badge chrome but you could do exactly the same as this and just use a Stanley blade to cut out the badge section and it would leave you nicely protected.

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
Well, I got shunted from behind at a roundabout. No visible damage other than a cracked plate. Further inspection shows bumper has moved out of alignment. I am wondering if it’s just a case of reseating it?

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Okay chap cheers. Is it easy enough to do then would you say and do you have any pictures??

Very easy, just take your time when you apply it, very thin layers and lots of them. Wait a decent amount of time especially in this colder weather so maybe leave more than half an hour in between each coating just to make sure it sets properly. When it’s all set again take your time peeling the excess off if you do the chrome bits on the boot. Look on YouTube for how to plastidip car badges they helped me a lot

DAV3G46

May 7, 2015
Noticed that my wheel nut covers have all gone white, guess maybe something to do with the car wash although this didn't happen with my last Leon, cleaned one and it now looks grey instead of black
5fc4ab5b4dc729d3211398a1fa77a387.jpg
3a3dc30800e9a46f41f931c2e1f8aa84.jpg

markrtw

Mar 3, 2018
Northants
Noticed that my wheel nut covers have all gone white, guess maybe something to do with the car wash although this didn't happen with my last Leon, cleaned one and it now looks grey instead of black
5fc4ab5b4dc729d3211398a1fa77a387.jpg
3a3dc30800e9a46f41f931c2e1f8aa84.jpg
Is from acidic wheel cleaner / TFR (traffic film remover. A lot of car wash places use it.

Reactions: DAV3G46

DAV3G46

May 7, 2015
Is from acidic wheel cleaner / TFR (traffic film remover. A lot of car wash places use it.
Cheers, guessed that would be the case... they must be rubbish then only the 3rd or 4th time it's been washed since I got new at the end of October

markrtw

Mar 3, 2018
Northants
Cheers, guessed that would be the case... they must be rubbish then only the 3rd or 4th time it's been washed since I got new at the end of October
Is just a residue so appears quite quickly. You should be able to rub it off OK, but it can leave unpainted coloured plastics a bit faded as you have found.

Reactions: DAV3G46
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members