Ibiza 1.5 disappeared off the uk site

Rainman

Sep 25, 2018
but its bit weird as its sold ...over here without any issues /problems except waiting times in jur of 3 months

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I still think that it will be due to these cars, Ibiza and Polo will be well down the priority list for the testing and nothing else, they should come with time.

GibsonKnott

Nov 24, 2018
I collected mine in May this year and was told by the dealership it was one of the last left in the UK as they were stopping production of the 1.5tsi.

Maybe it’s so they can sell more Polos when/if they release that engine in the Polo?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I was at my local dealer Cupra launch and chatted about the 1.5 engine. He believes it is coming back. He says that the other VAG group manufacturers were first for it but Seat are getting it back. He also says the Arizona has just been released with it and he fully expects the other models (Ibiza and Leon) to follow.

Reactions: kanyewest

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I was at my local dealer Cupra launch and chatted about the 1.5 engine. He believes it is coming back. He says that the other VAG group manufacturers were first for it but Seat are getting it back. He also says the Arizona has just been released with it and he fully expects the other models (Ibiza and Leon) to follow.
He's wrong. It's not...

It took a fair amount of prompting, but SEAT UK have today finally posted what we pretty-much already knew:

upload_2018-11-26_19-0-39.png

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
To me seems daft that the Arona can get the engine but the Ibiza can’t. Think engine production needs to be stepped up. Willing to bet the 1.5 will be available in other markets.

benjyyy

Jun 14, 2017
It's very disappointing. I've been holding out the last 6 months for ordering to open again and they decide to pull it. I really love the look of the Ibiza way more than the Leon but want more than a 1.0L engine. Strange place they've left the model.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'm sure that SEAT's official statement is correct but only for the time being, if VW, SEAT, and Skoda think that they can get away without using this engine size with the power range it would provide, in Polo/Ibiza and Fabia, they are having a laugh which will rightly cost them dear at the dealerships.

I am sure that it has to return, cost cutting/rationalisation only works for so long then reality bites in the bum, feeling lucky VW Group UK?

There are other car manufacturers out there that people will drift towards - or get forced towards.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a temporary measure. The WLTP switchover has caused a huge amount of headaches for VAG, and I wouldn't be surprised if the 1.5 is merely deferred. The uptake of that engine in other cars is likely causing significant pressure on delivering those engines, and so it makes sense for the relatively low selling Ibiza 1.5 (and Polo 1.5, for that matter) to be put on the back burner until supply issues are worked out.

Danny77

Nov 13, 2018
Could it have affected sales of any forthcoming Cupra Ibiza? Sub 8 second 0-60 on the 1.5 wasn't it? I'd have been quite happy with that in the FR Sport trim. Would give me all the power I needed for a bit of a thrill plus effortless overtaking, and the FR Sport giving me sporty looks etc. As it is, I've ordered the 115PS FR Sport but will be a bit disappointed if they bring the 1.5 back out again :D

McSwanky

Apr 16, 2018
Hmmm, I wonder how this affects the market value of my 7 month old, totally stock, 1.5 TSi with 5k on the clock.... Any takers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The 1.5 must be more profitable in other cars. Surprised SEAT get it at all instead of putting the 1.5 in VW and Audi only.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Hmmm, I wonder how this affects the market value of my 7 month old, totally stock, 1.5 TSi with 5k on the clock.... Any takers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Well on the one hand it's rare which should be good for resale, on the other it's possibly a deleted old-spec car which isnt.

ferdiepick

Dec 6, 2018
I've just order one of these 1.5 evo ibizas in Fr sport trim.

I've been looking on the knowles leasing site for about a week. They appeared 5/6 days ago in Fr & Fr sport trim but you couldn't get a quote. Bit like the ateca cupra atm. I noticed the 1.5 evo came online for leasing this.afternoon

3500 miles business
10500 mile personal
FR SPORT 1.5 EVO
£238 pm ( just add fuel) .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

ferdiepick

Dec 6, 2018
Hadn't seen your reply.
Yes was wondering if I would get a call tomorrow from the lease company just like what happened to the polo gti I had ordered a few weeks ago. Was told a 40 week wait so I went ibiza hunting and thought luck was to good to be true. I shall let you know how long they mess me about.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dc98ddc

Sep 1, 2008
the 1.5 Engine has also re-appeared back on CarWow's website - not sure about wait times though

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.