From 19" BBS wheels to 20" BBS wheels

RuggedSeat

Aug 3, 2017
Europe
Hi, I have 19 inche 8.5" width BBS CH-R wheels and they fit my Seat Leon FR 1.8 TSI like perfect.
And I don't mean design wise only but mechanical also.

But I am gona get other new BBS wheels to my Leon FR do you guys know if 20 inches wheels fit my car?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
What’s the width and offset of the 20” wheels you’re thinking of getting? Too aggressive an offset and you could have rubbing issues. The lower profile tyres you’d need for the 20” wheels (30 aspect ratio tyres for 20” wheels) could adversely affect ride comfort, and 20” tyres will be more expensive too than tyres for 19” wheels. Also with larger diameter wheels, there's a greater risk of;
  • kerbing your wheels
  • your wheels getting damaged / buckled on poor road surfaces from potholes, as there’s less rubber between the road surface and the wheel to absorb the impact of hitting a pothole.
If your BBS CH-R wheels are perfect, why change them?

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
20" wheels will likely be pretty heavy too. More unsprung mass is not good for handling (unless you have appropriate springs & dampers) or ride.

Sounds like overkill on a 1.8 FR. Most people are happy with 19" on a Cupra.

RuggedSeat

Aug 3, 2017
Europe
Yeah thats what i meant it dont scrape the wheel arches or rubbing inside.

The reason that I buy new ones are because some wheel got damaged.

And ofcourse c lif i would put 20 inches i would use 30 profile for 20". But i dont think i will go for 20 inches.

My 1.8 TSI FR is little tuned dem FR!

Of all the BBS wheels on their site there is to choose from wich wheels mm
would you guys choose?!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Yeah thats what i meant it dont scrape the wheel arches or rubbing inside.

The reason that I buy new ones are because some wheel got damaged.

And ofcourse c lif i would put 20 inches i would use 30 profile for 20". But i dont think i will go for 20 inches.

My 1.8 TSI FR is little tuned dem FR!

Of all the BBS wheels on their site there is to choose from wich wheels mm
would you guys choose?!

If the damage to your existing wheels is just cosmetic damage (scuffing or kerb damage) rather than structural damage (buckling or cracks), I’d get them refurbished - I assume that there are alloy wheel refurbishers and repairers in Sweden. If the damage isn’t repairable, then I’d just replace the individual wheels that are damaged with the same 19” BBS CH-R’s.

If you do decide to replace all of your wheels (if they’re all damaged beyond repair), then only you can really decide on which design of wheel to replace them with as everyone likes different things. I’d stick to wheels that are no larger than 19” in diameter and don’t have too aggressive an offset.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Good luck with 20s when you hit a pothole. Can’t see the point tbh. It was one of the things that put me off a Civic type R. Just pointless, uncomfortable and expensive to replace tyres but etto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RuggedSeat

Aug 3, 2017
Europe
Yeah youre right. I got these

f23bf4b9b03b778e893a96d361963d66.jpg
d7562e0316715bc17d5344d10d387ab2.jpg

19" BBS with wheels and Kuhmo Ecsta tyres so everything is brand new and nice. Just waiting for summer :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.