Res delete cupra 290

Yasali746

Nov 23, 2018
Hi guys I'm thinking about getting a res delete on my 68reg cupra. I have drive it 1k miles know and think the sound is not that great still.
Do people think it will be a bit boy racer getting it done or is it ok for 33 year old man to be getting it done. Plus if anyone has had it done what's it like in comfort mode with the res delete

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
Despite being 53 I still went ahead with a res delete today on my 280 (plus Revo stage 1).
I really can't tell the difference in sound when in comfort mode, but in Cupra mode it is very obvious.

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Despite being 53 I still went ahead with a res delete today on my 280 (plus Revo stage 1).
I really can't tell the difference in sound when in comfort mode, but in Cupra mode it is very obvious.
did you get the resonator and the muffler out or just the resonator ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
did you get the resonator and the muffler out or just the resonator ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
This is on an ST, so there isn't a muffler as standard. The resonator box was removed.

Sam Lever

Dec 19, 2018
Hi guys I'm thinking about getting a res delete on my 68reg cupra. I have drive it 1k miles know and think the sound is not that great still.
Do people think it will be a bit boy racer getting it done or is it ok for 33 year old man to be getting it done. Plus if anyone has had it done what's it like in comfort mode with the res delete

I've just got one of the new 68 reg Cupra's and would agree the exhaust sound is very average! Was hoping for some more DSG farts and better sound in Cupra mode. I want to increase this but still have it standard sounding when in comfort mode. Can anyone advise what the best thing to do would be?

The car is on lease as well so not sure how that effects things?

Reactions: GordonMcC
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.