Cupra Lux leather?

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi folks

Has anyone got a picture of the full leather seats in the 290 Lux that they could post please?

I've had a good look on the net but seem few and far between. If anyone has any views on them would be good as well - I was about to order a straight 290 but have been offered a good deal on a Lux.

Thanks all

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: Mystery290

Ken H

Dec 20, 2015
Cork , Ireland
I’ll try and get a picture to you today Rob, if I can figure out how to send one. When ordering the 290 st,I asked for full leather, but was told I couldn’t get it. It did however arrive with full leather seats . I know people on here have trouble with the Alcantara seats with the issue being the white material cracking/splitting on the sides of seats.
This was one of the reasons I ordered the full leather ,as I felt that material in the pictures I saw before I ordered, looked a bit flimsy. I also felt that it would be hard to clean. Glad I did now .
They are pretty hard wearing, I haven’t cleaned or treated in 3 years and are still in perfect condition. The pictures I saw of the seats before ordering didn’t do the car any justice , as when it arrived I was convinced they were a completely different seat. A Matt type finish rather than a shiny one. The leather looked a lot better in person and of higher quality. Maybe it was changed/ upgraded.They look in my opinion far better in the car than the ones with the white strips . The only downside from new I felt maybe they were a bit hard and the support could be better. The bucket seats I hear offer better support but the plastic backs I’m not sure about.
I’m ordering again in a few months time once Seat/Cupra figure out what they are doing with the brand here in Ireland. Waiting on the Mk 1V to arrive. It will be the full leather again I feel!

Reactions: Rob66

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Thanks for the reply Ken, much appreciated.

I looked at a couple of GTIs with leather and it was really saggy so was a little concerned. Yours sounds okay though.

The alcantara seats are really comfy, but I think I will go with the leather, they will soften over time I would think, heated is an added bonus as well.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Managed to find a pic

ZD8BcXul.jpg

Ken H

Dec 20, 2015
Cork , Ireland
Thanks for the reply Ken, much appreciated.

I looked at a couple of GTIs with leather and it was really saggy so was a little concerned. Yours sounds okay though.

The alcantara seats are really comfy, but I think I will go with the leather, they will soften over time I would think, heated is an added bonus as well.

Yes drivers seat has definitely softened over the years.

Reactions: Rob66

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
I have no inside information but its rare for the performance model of any range to be available from the outset.

For example, the Mk 3 Leon was launched at the 2012 Paris Motor Show with deliveries coming through from early 2013. However, the Cupra wasn't available until 2014.

Similarly, cooking Mk 2 Leons were available from 2005 but the Cupra wasn't available until 2007.

Not sure what effect the launch of Cupra as a separate brand will have but my suspicion is that the Cupra won't be available until at least a year after the launch of the Mk 4 Leon.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members