Ibiza Reverse camera from china

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Only feedback I have is that usually you get what you pay for ;)
That said, it is cheap enough that someone might just buy it and try - at least they quote it is NTSC, which is one of the requirements.
You also then need the install kit from Seat, which is expensive (don't ask me the price or where to get it from - just read it somewhere).
The install kit is used to patch the camera wires into the quadlock at the back of the headunit in the glove box.
Testing that it works without installing should be easy:
- pull headunit out (you need some special tools for this)
- patch the quadlock and plug the camera wires
- find some temporary source to power the camera
- code in the camera (VCDS of OBDeleven required)
- throw the car into reverse and check if the camera works

I assume the camera probably works, but the quality or how long it will last, is a different matter.
Also, check for the mounting plate and how/where to hook it into the car.

Bruno Maia

Dec 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Thanks for the reply Jaco2k.

What do you mean by install kit?

Shouldn't it be just hook up wires, video to head unit and power source and activate the camera in VCDS?

Bruno Maia

Dec 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Is it even possible to add the rear cam onto a FR or FR Sport? I was told not, and it does state the same In the latest brochure I saw.

I’m only asking as I did want it!
In Portugal only in the Reference version you cannot add the rear camera, all other versions have it has option aprox 500€/450GBP for the option.

My main issue was that dealer did not install the rear camera, according to them it had to come from factory. Since there was no Ibiza FR Plus with rear camera sitting in a Seat parking lot in Portugal, ordering from the factory had a order time around 2-3 months.

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
In Portugal only in the Reference version you cannot add the rear camera, all other versions have it has option aprox 500€/450GBP for the option.

My main issue was that dealer did not install the rear camera, according to them it had to come from factory. Since there was no Ibiza FR Plus with rear camera sitting in a Seat parking lot in Portugal, ordering from the factory had a order time around 2-3 months.

Just seen your from Netherlands, which could be why they allow you to add them. It’s stupid that the same cars are allowed different options to be added in different counties! Why can’t everyone be allowed the same?!

Bruno Maia

Dec 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Just seen your from Netherlands, which could be why they allow you to add them. It’s stupid that the same cars are allowed different options to be added in different counties! Why can’t everyone be allowed the same?!
Actually I´m from Portugal, but my work VPN changes here the flag to the county it's connected :D

Yep, doesn't make sense, to limit options by country.

Either way, from the videos I saw on youtube, putting an aftermarket camera, it's a simple job and costs way less. I don't believe that SEAT camera is 20 times better then a chinese one.

Found this cables for the connection:
https://www.carsystems.eu/new-seat-ibiza-kj-low-line-rear-view-camera-wiring,id3133.html

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Thanks - at this moment I am just trying to find out if there is some pre-cut location in there, since it seems that at least on the particular FR we got there is no hole to fit the camera and I have no intention to take a Dremel and start cutting the trunk metal :)

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Thanks - at this moment I am just trying to find out if there is some pre-cut location in there, since it seems that at least on the particular FR we got there is no hole to fit the camera and I have no intention to take a Dremel and start cutting the trunk metal :)

Correcting myself - it is the bumper, but I have no intention to cut that either ;)

Jordan6f

Feb 25, 2019
Reading the reviews on the actual link it says that is dose not fit very well on the Ibiza and that it doesn't have a very wide angle I would go for something abit more pricey if it was me like they say get what you pay for

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Maybe it needs just a couple of small drilled holes for the cable and screws... I'll try to figure it out.

Bruno Maia

Dec 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Part numbers and links? Installation tips? VCDS/OBDeleven changes? :)

Here it goes:

Bought this kit, that already brings:
Camera
All needed cables
Rectifier
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/jIi...2019-5D-backup-cam-CCD-Night/32955324996.html

Then also bought:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pac...D-Player-Head-Unit-Tools-Set/32850061331.html
To remove radio

And
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0755BZKT2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
To remove trims

Then connections:

When removing MMI, you will have the blue connector with two wires already there (Microfone ones), you just have to open connector and connect camera.

KCCpJ5Ql.jpg

After this, you feed the wire, through the kickplate, up the rear seat belt, and grab it near the trunk light, Then you just have to connect power to reverse light.

YLIdwlYl.jpg

Reverse light is Black and blue, ground is green and blue.

Obdeleven was just module 5f pin19 change it to on.

Reactions: alpineSi and Jaco2k

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
Would you say this is one of the best cameras to buy, in terms of video quality? In your YouTube video it looked HD?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members