FR Sport 115ps

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
I’d ordered an FR Sport 115ps in October and I’ve just got confirmation that it’s scheduled for build week 3! With delivery possible week 5/6.

Can’t wait :cloud9:

Bonjers

Aug 6, 2018
Got mine on Friday, delighted with it. Only issue is bloody Huawei/Honor aren't compatible with Mirror Link.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Quite a few Huawei/Honour phones aren't compatible with Android Auto either.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
MirrorLink is basically a dead technology at this point IMO.

Android Auto is a necessity for me now. Wouldn't even consider a car without it.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Pretty much same here - my partner just got a car (Ibiza FR) and her only requirement practically was that it should support Android Auto.
...turns out the out of box experience with her Pocophone F1 was not so great either, but after flashing LOS16 on it, a few firmware updates and disabling HW overlays, it now works fine ;)

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
It's worked flawlessly in my Fabia with my Samsung S7 Edge, then OnePlus 3T, and now OnePlus 5T.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I am a OnePlus guy also ;) Had the One, the 2, the 3T and now the 6. I had for a while a Galaxy S7 Edge as a work phone and it was the only one that supported (the crappy) Mirrorlink.
Been also having for a while iPhones as company phones and I think that Android Auto is vastly superior to CarPlay.
...but we are getting widely off topic :D :D

Bonjers

Aug 6, 2018
Install Android Auto - problem solved.
Mirrorlink is crap... only a handful of applications support it and the interface is cumbersome.
With Android Auto you get Spotify, Waze and Google Maps. Nothing else is needed ;)
I have Android Auto, the annoying thing (it's otherwise excellent) about it is that you can't use your Play Music library with it, which is frustrating when all of my music is on it!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Really? I use Spotify, but I thought that Google would have properly integrated the Play Music app!

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I have Android Auto, the annoying thing (it's otherwise excellent) about it is that you can't use your Play Music library with it, which is frustrating when all of my music is on it!

Yeah, I am a Spotify user also (works fantastic) but I have never used Play music.
Really weird you cannot play your library.
The again, YouTube Music still is not supported on Android Auto either..
...but do you think MirrorLink would support Play Music?

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Of course, YMMV, but if you are technically minded and know about rooting, etc. you can give this a chance:
https://github.com/slashmax/AAMirror/tree/master/apk

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidAuto/comments/7ta508/aa_mirroring_here/

I had it working a few Android Auto versions ago, but lately it seems they have patched it out a bit.
I didn't really have a use case - it was cool for a while to drive around while "listening" to YouTube videos, but in the long run, Spotify is plenty enough to cover my in car musical needs.

---edit---
Actually, seems they sorted it now - try to read the last pages of this thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...reen-android-auto-disucssion-t3734180/page138

Bonjers

Aug 6, 2018
Play integrates with it, but you can't choose what you want to play unless you set up playlists. Otherwise you're basically limited to what you've recently listened to or their instant mixes. It's really odd.

davidif

Dec 17, 2006
Worcestershire
Another reason then for me not to go back to Android.
My iPhone works with CarPlay on any/every vehicle I’ve tried it with. It just works.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Well, I've never had an issue with any of my Android phones and Android Auto, except when Google update things and break it! But Apple do the same thing with CarPlay from time to time.

Bonjers

Aug 6, 2018
Another reason then for me not to go back to Android.
My iPhone works with CarPlay on any/every vehicle I’ve tried it with. It just works.
I imagine it's a Huawei/Honor issue rather than Android in general to be honest. My mates Samsung works with it perfectly.

Reactions: davidif
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members