OBDeleven modifications

Lancashire Lad

Mar 6, 2011
Penwortham
www.seatcupra.net
Other things you could try are tear drop wipe, increase lane change blinker count (or whatever its called ha), change throttle response, remove door open alarm and add drl settings to menu to name a few I have done. Also used obdeleven to help update infotainment software to run later tile version rather than carousel but not sure if that's something your interested in / need as unsure on model of Infotainment you have. Heres a link to obdeleven forum thread which lists coding available http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations

You're not far from me so if u need any help maybe we can meet and I can assist ;)
Some of the things like 5 blinks and teardrop are already active on my. I didn't do them.
Can my infotainment be changed I think its mib1?

Deleted member 103408

Anybody with a Vitual Dash tried the following

Dashboard 17
Adaptation
Speedometer maximum value

Somebody on the OBD11 Forum asked to increase the displayed max speed and the above was the solution.

Skipp

Oct 15, 2018
I just got my obdeleven yesterday and I enabled the needlesweep but it doesn't seem to work every time. for example - i unlock the car, get in, put the key into ignition and i get a regular "check". i then take out the key, wait 5 sec, turn the key again and THEN it works. any ideas?

Edit: Looks like it never does the sweep on cold start. Which is ironic since that's the time you actually want it to do it. If i remove the key from the ignition, wait 5 sec and turn it on - it will do the sweep in 100% of tries. Is there any secondary feature that needs to be enabled?

Last edited:

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
I just got my obdeleven yesterday and I enabled the needlesweep but it doesn't seem to work every time. for example - i unlock the car, get in, put the key into ignition and i get a regular "check". i then take out the key, wait 5 sec, turn the key again and THEN it works. any ideas?

Edit: Looks like it never does the sweep on cold start. Which is ironic since that's the time you actually want it to do it. If i remove the key from the ignition, wait 5 sec and turn it on - it will do the sweep in 100% of tries. Is there any secondary feature that needs to be enabled?
You have a very short time from the moment you put the key in the ignition, to when you crank it for the needle sweep to do it's magic. Probably around 5 seconds, if you take longer than that it won't do the sweep.

But f you take the key out and put it in again and crank it it will work.
Don't ask me why is it like that

Deleted member 103408

@Skipp as @g_berserk says this is how it is, many people have complained about this working and not working its just have VW have coded it I am afraid nothing has been found to make it better.

Skipp

Oct 15, 2018
I tried various combinations and if the infotainment is shut down before turning off the car it mostly does the sweep after. But not always.

I tried entering the car immediately after unlocking it, i tried waiting longer and i just can't get any patterns to repeat. It's just completely random for me.

Kinda disappointing

Vikingboo

Dec 6, 2018
Hi everyone am abit clueless to this coding thing I was wondering what can you do with the OBDeleven with the credits ie the easy way land sorry if it’s already been asked as am looking at buying one

Deleted member 103408

@Vikingboo if you dont want to learn coding (and it is very very easy) then you will be better off with Carista.

In terms of what apps they give you download the software from google play and add a new car (you will have to provide a VIN number and you will see all the apps that are there for that car range

Lancashire Lad

Mar 6, 2011
Penwortham
www.seatcupra.net
Hi all, I had another dabble with the obdeleven and activated a few more apps, but I clicked on some that refused to work with the following message
Screenshot_20181219-082121.jpg

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Hi all, I had another dabble with the obdeleven and activated a few more apps, but I clicked on some that refused to work with the following message View attachment 3377
Some of them don't work on all cars, sometimes because your car isn't fitted with the necessary hardware to turn a feature on. For example you can turn sign recognition on but your car doesn't have the camera to read the signs.

Deleted member 103408

If you check in your control units look for
Control unit: A9 Actuator For Structure-Borne Sound

If you dont have it thats why the app dont work, if you do then you can adjust or turn it off yourself.

LeonST150FR

Dec 12, 2018
Do you have to pay for anything with Carista?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. Ask them to activate the Beta version and you get a one month free subscription. Do the mods within a month and you won't be charged for anything other than the £10.99 to buy the device itself.

Reactions: cupra300uk