New Ibiza ordered!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I'm very excited! Gone for an Xcellence Lux 1.0 TSI 115PS 6-speed manual, in Desire Red. Can't wait! I was reading through the price list, it is currently saying that the Lux gets the microsuede interior with white stitching, although the order form says 'muskat stit', which I took to be the beige colour stitching older Xcellences with the microsuede interior have had. I'm also hoping for the diamond cut wheels, which IMO are nicer than the very similar wheels on the FR- the latest price list also says that the Lux gets different wheels to the regular FR.

Now just for the long wait until March for delivery! I'm going to be giddy with excitement by then...

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
Good choice! Does this trim include the digital cockpit too? That’s a feature that sold the FR Sport for me!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
It does! It's basically fully loaded. I'd have gone for the FR Sport if I could have added ACC, as I prefer the styling, but with no options on Seats any more, I went for the Xcellence Lux.

Reactions: Jonathan Bassett

Simon Barker

Dec 21, 2018
I have same on order excellence lux manual 115ps definitely been told white stitching on dash and seats. Think door and steering wheel now grey rather than piano black too. Ordered only week ago been told today by seat UK build week 6 so first week in Feb! I too hoping for diamond cut wheels with grey inserts. I ordered spare wheel too. Digital dash is great on my wife's Arona.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Think we're effectively getting the same car then! I'm hoping it is white stitching, although I can't say I'd be too upset if it isn't. Hopefully mine won't be too far behind yours. Which colour did you go for? I was torn between Desire Red and Mystery Blue, they're both gorgeous colours but the red pipped it!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Nice! I like white cars but don't have a driveway, so it's tricky to keep the car clean

The dealer had an Arona Xcellence Lux with the microsuede and white stitching, with the white door/steering wheel inserts. If that's what I get then it will be awesome!

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
I have same on order excellence lux manual 115ps definitely been told white stitching on dash and seats. Think door and steering wheel now grey rather than piano black too. Ordered only week ago been told today by seat UK build week 6 so first week in Feb! I too hoping for diamond cut wheels with grey inserts. I ordered spare wheel too. Digital dash is great on my wife's Arona.
My build week for my FR Sport is week 3 with delivery week 5/6. Although they said it can change quite abit in the few weeks build up. I think FRs get red stitching only on the dash? Microsuade interior in grey and black. Not 100% sure though.

What’s your favourite / wife’s favourite feature of the digital dash?

Simon Barker

Dec 21, 2018
So I believe excellence lux gets white stitching on seats, dashboard, gear surround and handbrake. Fr all of above is red stitch. On the door trim and the steering wheel insert both are dark grey plastic now with different badge.

The digital dash just looks really smart crisp and bright to use. We use the classic display, two dials with digital speed, MPg and the remaining distance all showing. I looked at new Audi a1 and thought the seat digital dash was nicer than the Audi digital cockpit

Reactions: Jonathan Bassett

Simon Barker

Dec 21, 2018
It's not bad in out Arona. Maximum torque is from 2000rpm so it's better if you give it a bit of a rev to get off quick. Very quiet, smooth and I like the triple noise. On a run on motorway about 50mpg. Around town about 38mpg.

Reactions: kanyewest

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
So I believe excellence lux gets white stitching on seats, dashboard, gear surround and handbrake. Fr all of above is red stitch. On the door trim and the steering wheel insert both are dark grey plastic now with different badge.

The digital dash just looks really smart crisp and bright to use. We use the classic display, two dials with digital speed, MPg and the remaining distance all showing. I looked at new Audi a1 and thought the seat digital dash was nicer than the Audi digital cockpit
Ah yeah that makes sense with the stitching. Unfortunately my dealership didn’t have a FR Sport on their forecourt so couldn’t see what it looks like. They didn’t have any cars with the digital cockpit in either. I suppose it just creates more excitement for hand over day :)

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Having had this engine for the past 2 years, it's not sluggish at all. City with traffic, any where between 35-45 mpg (latter when there's barely any traffic), 40-50mph highways can almost nudge 60mpg, 70mph motorway driving gets 50-55mpg. Did a London to Manchester at speed limits and 2 big 50mph roadworks part, did 57mpg! Now I got a Volvo V40 1.5T...city I get 25-30mpg, and highways about 42-45mpg lol! This may improve after few thousand miles...

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
Having had this engine for the past 2 years, it's not sluggish at all. City with traffic, any where between 35-45 mpg (latter when there's barely any traffic), 40-50mph highways can almost nudge 60mpg, 70mph motorway driving gets 50-55mpg. Did a London to Manchester at speed limits and 2 big 50mph roadworks part, did 57mpg! Now I got a Volvo V40 1.5T...city I get 25-30mpg, and highways about 42-45mpg lol! This may improve after few thousand miles...
that fuel economy is pretty crazy, how does that engine cope with overtaking, whether motorways or country lanes

Simon Barker

Dec 21, 2018
It's fine overtaking. On motorway you probably need to change down from sixth to fourth if say you trying to accelerate quickly 60 to 70. I notice that it's nippier at slower speeds but I think it's more to do with the gearing

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Re the wheels, the latest price list has them listed as 'Dynamic 17" 20/1', with the regular FR getting 20/2. The German configurator lists the diamond cut wheels as 20/1, so hopefully we'll get them!

It also lists the seats as being 'Microsuede with white stitching', and ice white door inserts, which is the same as the Arona Xcellence Lux, which I'm very happy with!

Simon Barker

Dec 21, 2018
Fingers crossed then! My wife arona keeps loosing the wheel nut covers. They are too loose. Had to pack out with some waterproof tape to keep them on

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
that fuel economy is pretty crazy, how does that engine cope with overtaking, whether motorways or country lanes

Bear in mind I've got the DSG variant of this, during my trip with 2 additional adults, and their luggage, include a single heavy suitcase that filled the entire boot, ovetaking on single carriage way was very good, eg overtaking long slower vehicles... Just ensure you have 2k revs or more...on motor ways from 40-70mph, well...lets say I have to put my foot flat, then move aside for the more powerful, BMW/Audi/Merc/Seat Leons (hee hee) to pass.

Just a quick pic of what this engine could actually do mpg wise...one, almost unrealistic, as it's only over a small number of miles, but the other, a more realisitic one..
Just wanted to mention that my particular trip computer...it was very accurate within 1mpg to measured brim to brim tank calculations.

Attachments

• 20180520_232721_resized_1.jpg
    20180520_232721_resized_1.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 20180619_182430_resized.jpg
    20180619_182430_resized.jpg
    788.5 KB · Views: 147

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Been allocated build week 9, which is apparently the very tail end of February. Roll on March!

Simon Barker

Dec 21, 2018
I have same provisional build week. Was week six now week 9 but not confirmed. Needs to land in country well before March 29th or god now's what or where it will be stuck!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.