what did you and your mk3 leon do today

FR3

Jul 13, 2018
Is there any drone with a res delete. I may be tempted for a trip to vag Manchester if drone isnt too intrusive and the misses won't notice. I can hear her now, "how much for a metal pipe!?!?"
FR but catback system with a delete, in eco, tiniest amount of drone but honestly not noticeable really day to day. Driving like a normal person it's pretty quiet especially once it warms up. Only audible on startups, when the car is dead silent (no radio etc) or when your putting your foot down. Definitely audible in sport as it goes into higher revs which is what you want anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: kiddo

FR3

Jul 13, 2018
Plan on coming but will be late arriving due to other commitments. I'm hoping to be there for 2pm.

I can have a listen to vag manc deletes and maybe find another 280/290 St with res delete on a oem exhaust system for review ;)
Apolgies but is this a forum meet? I feel like I saw something about a Jan meet but I can't find the thread anywhere.

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Plan on coming but will be late arriving due to other commitments. I'm hoping to be there for 2pm.

I can have a listen to vag manc deletes and maybe find another 280/290 St with res delete on a oem exhaust system for review ;)

If you do find a 280 ST on a OEM exhaust with a Res Delete, could you please take a video and share?? I would be very interested to hear it. I have a a 280 ST and NEED more noise but cant justify the outlay for a cat-back system at the moment.

Thank you

Reactions: kiddo

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
If you do find a 280 ST on a OEM exhaust with a Res Delete, could you please take a video and share?? I would be very interested to hear it. I have a a 280 ST and NEED more noise but cant justify the outlay for a cat-back system at the moment.

Thank you
You would end up sounding very similar to this, if memory serves me right the 280 ST and 290 ST had the same exhausts. the 280 ST had only 1 resonator but the 280 hatchback had 2 resonators. The 290 was when both hatch and ST had 1 resonator.

Reactions: FR3 and kiddo

FR3

Jul 13, 2018
You would end up sounding very similar to this, if memory serves me right the 280 ST and 290 ST had the same exhausts. the 280 ST had only 1 resonator but the 280 hatchback had 2 resonators. The 290 was when both hatch and ST had 1 resonator.
Minus the extra baubles, my fr sounds exactly like this, maybe a touch deeper.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Anyone know which resonator is to be deleted to make the 280 like the 290? (Hatch) front or back?

It’s the middle silencer. Resonator stays as it is and the rear back box.

I’ve had it done, sounds better but won’t sound totally like a 290 as the internals of the rear back box are different.

Still quiet and refined on the inside but sounds decent without being loud from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hogey

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Said goodbye to the Cupra today, it has served me extremely well.

Cupra.jpg

Said hello to the replacement - M140i

M140i 2.jpg

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
I can't disagree with you there, the Cupra is more of a looker.
I do have a splitter and side skirt extensions planned to improve the BMW looks but its all about the drive for me with this change. I've done FWD and 4WD to death but not had RWD or a straight 6 engine for that matter. Everything just came together to make this the time to try it and I was in the right place at the right time as far as a deal went.

Highly likely that I'll be back to SEAT sometime in the future if they keep making good cars.

Reactions: Mystery290

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
I can't disagree with you there, the Cupra is more of a looker.
I do have a splitter and side skirt extensions planned to improve the BMW looks but its all about the drive for me with this change. I've done FWD and 4WD to death but not had RWD or a straight 6 engine for that matter. Everything just came together to make this the time to try it and I was in the right place at the right time as far as a deal went.

Highly likely that I'll be back to SEAT sometime in the future if they keep making good cars.

Although I eagerly await my Cupra’s arrival - of all the cars I’ve had I miss my 1 Series the most so comfortable and the gearbox is fantastic - plus you got the best colour haha...Estoril Blue looks absolutely fantastic when polished & waxed!
Don’t be put off by the RWD either - BMW’s traction control is almost telepathic - my mother could comfortably drive it in bad weather without worry, but knock the assistance off and the chassis is genuinely easy to control and playful! Enjoy!

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Although I eagerly await my Cupra’s arrival - of all the cars I’ve had I miss my 1 Series the most so comfortable and the gearbox is fantastic - plus you got the best colour haha...Estoril Blue looks absolutely fantastic when polished & waxed!
Don’t be put off by the RWD either - BMW’s traction control is almost telepathic - my mother could comfortably drive it in bad weather without worry, but knock the assistance off and the chassis is genuinely easy to control and playful! Enjoy!

Enjoying it so far, 345 miles covered since 3pm yesterday.

Reactions: Mystery290

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
Fitted my double res delete on the 280, mechanics couldn't just change the middle res with the exhaust parts I bought. Sounds alot louder, gargle and bubbles on lift off and has some pops on gear change (manual).
On normal driving it sounds quiet enough and happy with that. Mine was the Zaustworx exhaust, anyone else done the double?

Reactions: cupra300uk

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Fitted my double res delete on the 280, mechanics couldn't just change the middle res with the exhaust parts I bought. Sounds alot louder, gargle and bubbles on lift off and has some pops on gear change (manual).
On normal driving it sounds quiet enough and happy with that. Mine was the Zaustworx exhaust, anyone else done the double?
I've got the single with the front resonator taken out and the rear muffler still in. have you got any videos of both out?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rob G

Apr 13, 2018
Yup, fitted mine a couple of months back! Pleased with it, good amount of extra noise but minimal drone when cruising.
Only issue with mine is the tips have dropped slightly, probably down to me fitting it on my drive. Really need to get it up in the air properly and have a play!!

Reactions: Jordan Neill

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Yup, fitted mine a couple of months back! Pleased with it, good amount of extra noise but minimal drone when cruising.
Only issue with mine is the tips have dropped slightly, probably down to me fitting it on my drive. Really need to get it up in the air properly and have a play!!
did u have the muffler or resonator taken out ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise