LED Fog Lights/White Fog Lights

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
Ordered some Cree LED fog light bulbs from Horizon 2 weeks ago but still not received anything.

Edited to say it was pre-order and they have confirmed should be shipped next week.

Last edited:

Ratocego

Mar 7, 2018
Ordered some Cree LED fog light bulbs from Horizon 2 weeks ago but still not received anything. Sent email on Monday to the customer service address and have now waited their 72 hour period but no reply. They have a Whatsapp number but can't find any telephone numbers. Has anyone else had bad experience or very long wait? Should have been sent 1-2 day Royal Mail per the invoice!
Yeah I bought the same about 3weeks ago, I but in the description they state that it's a pre-order, due to the high volume they can only dispatch after May. The reason why they flag the fog lights as available is just so we can use the discount code. Let's just wait, tbh can't wait to hv them installed!

Reactions: Kempo

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah I bought the same about 3weeks ago, I but in the description they state that it's a pre-order, due to the high volume they can only dispatch after May. The reason why they flag the fog lights as available is just so we can use the discount code. Let's just wait, tbh can't wait to hv them installed!
Ah...must have missed that bit of info. Will wait it out then, but disappointing they haven't sent quick reply to my query. Cheers

Reactions: Ratocego

ADM

May 14, 2016
I had the same issue, I got mine after 4 weeks but it did state it was pre-order. :cry:

Ratocego

Mar 7, 2018
Guys, just got mine but I only got one bulb/lamp?!? was I supposed to add more than one bulb? they dont sell them in pairs?

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
They arrived in a single pack for me but I had ordered 2 bulbs so they are not sold as a pair.

Ratocego

Mar 7, 2018
Ah great, so one month waiting and I will need to order an extra one... Why not stating that you are buying just one and not a pair.....

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
Installed my bulbs and found that the passenger side was not too difficult even with the washer bottle. Managed to get hand in and onto the wire and twist bulb in / out.

Have included a couple of photos showing new / old and both new.

CFB1B56A-5F19-47E8-B874-C085D47953BC.jpeg

A5419847-4D33-4AAC-ABB9-A36B3AFC0546.jpeg

Looks much better! I have enabled the cornering fogs with OBDeleven.

Ratocego

Mar 7, 2018
I
Installed my bulbs and found that the passenger side was not too difficult even with the washer bottle. Managed to get hand in and onto the wire and twist bulb in / out.

Have included a couple of photos showing new / old and both new.

View attachment 567

View attachment 568

Looks much better! I have enabled the cornering fogs with OBDeleven.

I'm gonna attempt again in the passenger side, until the other bulb arrives, as I should really start from the difficult side for me. Any tips in how to go about? I'm so looking forward to have the same look!

Ratocego

Mar 7, 2018
Managed to disconnect the Halogen bulb,this has happened when trying to put the LED one:

upload_2018-6-7_13-15-0.png

What a saga im in! should I bother to try to solder it? dont even know where those 2 connectors from the housing link, as there are 4 on the lamp side), or just get a another one?

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
Oh no that's rubbish! You could try pushing it back together and then put it in the driver side to check as that is really easy and quick to do. I am guessing it got caught on the back of the light fitting as you were trying to wiggle it in but surely it should be more robust than that?

For the passenger side, I put wheels on full right lock and then undid the 3 Torx screws for the lining. I could feel the cable up to the lamp behind the washer bottle with my right hand and the connector is a simple thumb clip then pull down. The bulb rotates and then has to be wiggled out and down to clear the bottle. I found getting new one in a bit harder but just needed a couple of goes. Hardest bit was getting cable back on the clip.

Ratocego

Mar 7, 2018
I can push it back and it stays, but the problem is that the wiring from the lamp that meets housing is broken, so it would need to be resoldered.
Sent an email to HorizonLeds, and they said I could send this one back so they can process a replacement, so Happy Days!

Now I have bought previously some crappy Leds that I did managed to replace on the driver side, but never in the passenger one, in the end gave up and sent back as there was no output and the color didnt match.

Now after checking you guys pics with these Leds, I decided to give another try, so bought it but by mistake only got one, so ordered the second yesterday and this morning attempted the passenger side first as it was the one I couldnt replace last time.

I did just as you described, but this time used my right hand to pull the washer a bit, just enough to be able to pull down the connector with my left hadn, and man this time it worked. The worst part was yet to come, as you said it was hard to plug the connector back onto the new fog light, and in one or two attempts, it broke...

I am pretty sure I wasnt being brute, but well I am waiting now for the second one to arrive any day now and ill give it a go, I havent even bothered to plug the OEM Halogen one.

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
What I did, and it did take a little time, is get the connector roughly into the back and then with a finger on top of the light used my thumb to bring the connector of the wire up until it clicks. That way you are bracing the top. First go I thought it was in but testing gave no output so I had to check it and click in again.

ADM

May 14, 2016
Nice job Kempo looks good.

Don’t give up Ratocego just persist and you will do it. You will have sore knuckles but it’s worth it [:@]

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks for recommending those bulbs ADM, you are right to say we wouldn’t be disappointed. As cornering lights they are better than the halogens.

Ratocego

Mar 7, 2018
Success! received today the second foglight that replaced the broken one, and managed to connect both! I guess my last experience with the problematic passager side, gave me confidence.
Like Kempo said, big thank you to ADM for letting us know about this brand! the match is great!!!

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015

Good job. If you have headlights washers it's impossible without either washer bottle and or bumper removal.

Eebo

May 25, 2018
Scotland
Mine has the headlight washers so i take it the front bumper has to come off to fit the fog light bulbs ?

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Mine has the headlight washers so i take it the front bumper has to come off to fit the fog light bulbs ?
Yes as per my post litterally above yours, passenger side is IMPOSSIBLE without removing as far as i can see.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.