What colour is your car?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
this one? i am not ashamed t osay i love it

4-azor-blue-seat-ibiza.png

Alor Blue? Looks better in person than on pictures.

Reactions: Boroboy

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
:cry:We have a white Leon SWMBO was most unhappy when I told her, she had her heart on Lima green or nice met blue, but huge savings on a demo overtake colour choice, unfortunately my S2KI is grey so it’s boring cleaning cars here.

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Mystery Blue on my car, but I still think there are much better blueish colours available on the other brands. Some days it looks okay, but theres some deepness or smth like that missing from that colour, looks too dull.
For me, the Desire Red suits soooo well and it is still my favourite, but didnt have the chance to pick the colour as I bought the demo car (ST Cupra 300).

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Mystery Blue on my car, but I still think there are much better blueish colours available on the other brands. Some days it looks okay, but theres some deepness or smth like that missing from that colour, looks too dull.
For me, the Desire Red suits soooo well and it is still my favourite, but didnt have the chance to pick the colour as I bought the demo car (ST Cupra 300).
What you need is a mk2 speed blue!
IMG_20181117_131531-2320x1305__01.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That would look awesome!!
Think you're right thought with regards to the MK3 they missed the boat when choosing colours and went very safe, but like you I think Desire Red is the best colour for looks out of the choices you get, but I've also seen mystery blue which is also very nice when it's had a proper clean.

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Think you're right thought with regards to the MK3 they missed the boat when choosing colours and went very safe, but like you I think Desire Red is the best colour for looks out of the choices you get, but I've also seen mystery blue which is also very nice when it's had a proper clean.

As my work is valeting cars, I can hold it clean, protect it with different type of products, make it shine with the wax etc., but it still isnt 100% right blueish colour, maybe its just too dark?!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
As my work is valeting cars, I can hold it clean, protect it with different type of products, make it shine with the wax etc., but it still isnt 100% right blueish colour, maybe its just too dark?!
You could get yours wrapped a nice colour, I've seen a few and they look awesome but I think it's harder to keep clean with wrap. I personally like all blues (not at all bias) but I see your dilemma.

I think think buying a mk2 cupra r is the way forward haha only takes me 7 hours to clean the exterior on mine lol

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
You could get yours wrapped a nice colour, I've seen a few and they look awesome but I think it's harder to keep clean with wrap. I personally like all blues (not at all bias) but I see your dilemma.

I think think buying a mk2 cupra r is the way forward haha only takes me 7 hours to clean the exterior on mine lol

Wrap is an option but I feel it would be waste of money, as its not some special edition that cant be change out with another colour. Have to hold the car clean and do some cosmetic mods to make it look better, and I think it can grow more on me as the car in overall is great fun.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Mrs Seriously? has a Leon ST in Desire Red. It is an awesome colour when clean and the sun is shining; it turns almost burnt orange from some angles, but on a grey January day it just looks dark red and not especially 'special'.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Mrs Seriously? has a Leon ST in Desire Red. It is an awesome colour when clean and the sun is shining; it turns almost burnt orange from some angles, but on a grey January day it just looks dark red and not especially 'special'.

Great Colour but I beg to differ on Grey January Days (cheated..tiny bit of blue sky)
bbffaaf9a44bb8b0c2e31f1369d2a321.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.