What did you and your MK2 do today?

JohnnyMackers

Mar 17, 2016
Not today but Sunday gave a good wash, clay and polish, used autogylm shampoo, super resin polish.. didn't take any pictures though apart from it raining yesterday and noticed the roof.

Quite a few swirl marks in paint which I'll sort out.
7977582615fd378c1af0a3056d3ab06f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

stephen

Dec 4, 2018
got some h7 led bulbs of ebay just to try them, brand nighteye or something

the passenger side went in fine and lined up great, drivers side, wont line up for some reason and i get the normal error message on the dash

but they seem nice and bright
need to get another look at the holder see what is happening

there is meant to be adjustment holes, but there is only one hole, so cant move it much

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
need to get another look at the holder see what is happening

Just to check. You put them in with the tag at the top I think it goes? Maybe taking a picture from the front would help so we can see it. Maybe it's catching on those little diffuser things.

Reactions: stephen

stephen

Dec 4, 2018
Just to check. You put them in with the tag at the top I think it goes? Maybe taking a picture from the front would help so we can see it. Maybe it's catching on those little diffuser things.

Il get a look on Saturday in daylight. I must had the second one in wrong. The first went in great no problems
Need to read the manual too see if the lights are meant to be vertical or horizontal
Order a canbus corrector thing too see if that gets rid of my warning

stephen

Dec 4, 2018
got the bulbs in today
the problem with the one bulbs that wouldn't go to the place meant too was the wee tags on the bulb itself
so a bit of electrical tape and that sorted it

not sure if i like them mind, the light if very close to the car, does it go far im used to philips racing vision and they seem to through the light more up the road
and with the need of the ebay 2X H7 LED Load Resistors 50W 6 Ohm Stop Car Light Flicker Cancel Error Message and thats just bulks everything up, cant put the rear cap on so its a mess with cable ties

but they are in and working, no error and not blinding anyone

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Changed my recirc valve to be surprised to find my car had an 8 year old Revision D. Put a revision G on instead as its the better of the two types.

Im sure its not meant to but the old recirc came apart when lifting it out.

Reactions: Brimfull

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Changed my recirc valve to be surprised to find my car had an 8 year old Revision D. Put a revision G on instead as its the better of the two types.

Have you noticed any difference?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Shampoo'd the rear carpets and mats after carrying two dozen eggs on the back seat and having to break hard for a bus that hesitated at a roundabout

95149cb29972699063d14db28a470910.jpg

590c1ebd770019cbc9d8452d7a9f4281.jpg

I thought it was some kind of new cleaning idea I'd not heard of. Just smash 6 eggs on each mat... oooooooo.

Yeah, mine fell to pieces as well. Which was ace as I almost lost it down the pipe when it did!

Reactions: Brimfull

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Changed the windscreen/rear screen screenwash pump by removing the drivers side fog and changing the pumps over and cost £41.72 total so nice cheap fix for a VW pump to go in. Only took about 10 mins max to do. :smoke:

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Changed the windscreen/rear screen screenwash pump by removing the drivers side fog and changing the pumps over and cost £41.72 total so nice cheap fix for a VW pump to go in. Only took about 10 mins max to do. :smoke:

£42?? That's crazy money for a part like that. Respected brands like Febi Bilstein start at around £13.

Glad you've got it fixed and working though.

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Changed the front PCV valve only to find a bit of mayo in the old pcv and in the oil cap FFS it never ends :cry:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.