Killia kamp

Jan 9, 2019
I have a 142 seat leon and the infotainment system doesn’t contain apple car play. Was wondering if I update the software on the system would I be able to achieve car play? And if so would anybody have the update file needed.
Thanks

wolverine_uk

Oct 18, 2018
Needs to have an option for full link in menu. An update won't bring it to your unit or activate it.
What unit is it?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Killia kamp

Jan 9, 2019
Needs to have an option for full link in menu. An update won't bring it to your unit or activate it.
What unit is it?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Not so sure it has an option for it at the moment but was thinking could load the update file on an SD card and there is an option i’m Pretty sure to update the system.

I don’t know what unit it is but apparently the full link came out in May 2015 whereas my care was registered in May 2014.

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
Not so sure it has an option for it at the moment but was thinking could load the update file on an SD card and there is an option i’m Pretty sure to update the system.

I don’t know what unit it is but apparently the full link came out in May 2015 whereas my care was registered in May 2014.

My understanding was that you had to have the full link specific head unit, the actual components are different, better processor, screen etc.
With that said, I have a 64 plate Leon with the older infotainment and would love to be proven wrong because Full Link is amazing.

If it isn't possible to update however, would anyone be able to comment on whether it would be possible/viable/easy to physically replace the infotainment unit with the slightly newer one? I'd be up for doing that.

Killia kamp

Jan 9, 2019
My understanding was that you had to have the full link specific head unit, the actual components are different, better processor, screen etc.
With that said, I have a 64 plate Leon with the older infotainment and would love to be proven wrong because Full Link is amazing.

If it isn't possible to update however, would anyone be able to comment on whether it would be possible/viable/easy to physically replace the infotainment unit with the slightly newer one? I'd be up for doing that.

It doesn’t seem to be much different apart from the resolution as all the surrounding buttons and actual screen size seem to all be the same.
Knowing volkswagen however they will never make something like this any way easy or give away profit.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
1. It is not possible to update
2. Full link is a SWaP function (Software as purchase) so even in the headunits that support it, it needs to be plugged into Seat dealer computer and activated with a code.
3. MIB1 units (which are on the older cars DO NOT support Full link in any way
4. Retrofitting a unit is not cost effective and it involves a very complicated process of sending the unit away to be hacked with a custom firmware and also paying the dealer to removed component protection.
5. Pioneer and Alpine have some custom headunits specific to this car, but, as you guessed, they are also expensive...

Tl;Dr: Forget about it or buy a car that supports it ;)

Kothaex

Sep 24, 2018
1. It is not possible to update
2. Full link is a SWaP function (Software as purchase) so even in the headunits that support it, it needs to be plugged into Seat dealer computer and activated with a code.
3. MIB1 units (which are on the older cars DO NOT support Full link in any way
4. Retrofitting a unit is not cost effective and it involves a very complicated process of sending the unit away to be hacked with a custom firmware and also paying the dealer to removed component protection.
5. Pioneer and Alpine have some custom headunits specific to this car, but, as you guessed, they are also expensive...

Tl;Dr: Forget about it or buy a car that supports it ;)
Thanks for the reply mate, very thorough and informative. I'll own a 2018 LE Cupra R one day...

Reactions: Killia kamp
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise