How dirty has your car been...

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Looks like watermarks...
I’d be looking to do a 30 miles or so detour to come at the school from another way lol

lol! There is another route that is only a bit longer thats looking like a much cleaner option!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I sense this happening...

I'd go the full decontamination route and see if it's under the wax and start from scratch... Do the sea lion 2 first though incase you get issues...

Strangely, noone would answer the door to me. But ye, I'm doing sealion2 first.

Looks like watermarks...

Yes, I agree. And it would be the first thing I would suggest. But it's been a long long time since I've got watermarks on the car. As experience has taught me how to avoid it. And you've seen my car / pics of my car. But this was the before this morning:
Nv1u5dL.jpg

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Strangely, noone would answer the door to me. But ye, I'm doing sealion2 first.

Yes, I agree. And it would be the first thing I would suggest. But it's been a long long time since I've got watermarks on the car. As experience has taught me how to avoid it. And you've seen my car / pics of my car. But this was the before this morning:
Nv1u5dL.jpg

I was wondering if it was something moisture from the wood or something like that... Totally agree your car i immaculate and watermarks are not something you are likely to have just wondering if it could be something like that left behind after the ash has settled and cooled. Either way I hoping its relatively easy to solve.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I was wondering if it was something moisture from the wood or something like that... Totally agree your car i immaculate and watermarks are not something you are likely to have just wondering if it could be something like that left behind after the ash has settled and cooled. Either way I hoping its relatively easy to solve.

I'm going to try and resist going at it tonight as the light has all but gone and the temperature dropped. I'll probably do the bonnet (my fav test area) on Saturday again. See if I can make some progress. Then full works on Sunday hopefully. I can't imagine in these temps outside ash would have stayed hot for long. But it was definately old flakes of wood. I thought maybe summat like carbon or something etching the clear coat. I don't think it's deep, because it disappears when wet. Just a case of how much time / money to bring it back up to how I had it.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
So the “other” road has left this...

e714ec8b79fb0fcb51e1faeb479e07e6.jpg

0628444b2a84b4b244ed2e5e133abd33.jpg

Going to enjoy cleaning that tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Looks like concrete. If it sets solid that’s an added bit of weight to ruin your mpg lol

Haha. I’ve done over 300 miles and still have half a tank left, I’ve not filled up since the meet.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looks like concrete. If it sets solid that’s an added bit of weight to ruin your mpg lol

I'm cursed to forever get 22mpg no matter what car I'm in. I may order a plain off Amazon to reduce the thickness of my right sole.

Reactions: Maypack

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Haha. I’ve done over 300 miles and still have half a tank left, I’ve not filled up since the meet.

Frick sake, I filled up on the Saturday before I left, when I got there, then again when I got back. Think I'm on half a tank and I've been in Sealion 2 most of the week.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm still on the same tank than when I filled up at Blackpool on route home. Got 160 miles left...

caz95

Jan 6, 2019
Love a dirty car. Most of the time it makes the car look better. But there's a difference between motorway muck (like a coating of dust where you see finger prints etc) and actual mud on the car. The latter I can't stand and I work on building sites, I never drive my car on for that reason. Had my Leon FR since November and not cleaned it yet. I keep the inside spotless though [B)]

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Love a dirty car. Most of the time it makes the car look better. But there's a difference between motorway muck (like a coating of dust where you see finger prints etc) and actual mud on the car. The latter I can't stand and I work on building sites, I never drive my car on for that reason. Had my Leon FR since November and not cleaned it yet. I keep the inside spotless though [B)]
I need a picture lol it must be pure filth haha I think @Sharpy is the man to beat for dirtiest car on this thread but @Maypack holds the dirty car award at a car meet lol it wasnt even that dirth haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Long, long day. So firstly a warning:
"Dry ash on your car is not extremely harmful to the paint, but as soon as it encounters moisture such as dew or fog, it can become acidic and damage your paint"
Literally spent the whole day outside (glad the weather held out). Thanks to you all for the kind words and advice. I snowfoamed, megs nxt, clayed, autoglym resin polish, kkd regloss, colonite 9summat. Using my patented new 4 bucket method:
BMZ0lDd.jpg

Before:
Bmw4iDC.jpg

After:
1Z5KBF3.jpg

And just to bring it back on topic:
mCRSFVg.jpg

TbOuKrC.jpg

BNUba9a.jpg

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Long, long day. So firstly a warning:
"Dry ash on your car is not extremely harmful to the paint, but as soon as it encounters moisture such as dew or fog, it can become acidic and damage your paint"
Literally spent the whole day outside (glad the weather held out). Thanks to you all for the kind words and advice. I snowfoamed, megs nxt, clayed, autoglym resin polish, kkd regloss, colonite 9summat. Using my patented new 4 bucket method:
BMZ0lDd.jpg

Before:
Bmw4iDC.jpg

After:
1Z5KBF3.jpg

And just to bring it back on topic:
mCRSFVg.jpg

TbOuKrC.jpg

BNUba9a.jpg

Phew!! Glad you got it sorted. What a nightmare. Good to know, if not come across that before but it makes sense.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Phew!! Glad you got it sorted. What a nightmare. Good to know, if not come across that before but it makes sense.

Yeah, the SRP sorted a fair amount of marks with some elbow grease and tears. Had to scratchx some of the deeper ones though. I'm just glad the paintwork had a decent wax layer on before it happened or it would have been a disaster. Would also explain how everyone round here has a bonfire in the summer, it gets covered in ash and I just wash it off 4 days later without an issue. Just got caught out this time it rained!