Seat Leon MK2 TDI 2010 BKD

boofg

Jul 21, 2017
Hello All
I have a seat leon MK2 BKD engine. Iv started to get random cut outs on my car, I will be driving e.g for 5-6 miles and the car will just cut out. The car does not have any kind of problems with starting or hesitation, it drives fantastic. Iv scanned the car and there is no codes that have come up. Iv changed the manifold flap and the egr valve. When the car cuts out when you try to turn it back on the car will crank, you can crank it repeated number of times and it will not fire up. I usually leave it for 2-3 mins and then start it back up, it will then fire back up and drive normally again. I also have changed the fuel filter as well. I am not sure what else i can check now as i am out of ideas? not sure if any one has experienced anything like this before?
The issue also started when one time i as driving and i saw the glow plug light come on and it looked like it flicked a few times, i felt the card judder like it was going to stall but it didn't.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
How many miles has it done? Has it got a DPF on it? If so, does it complete the regen regularly?

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
How many miles has it done? Has it got a DPF on it? If so, does it complete the regen regularly?

DPF seems a reasonable shout, if they get really blocked they cause all sorts of issues but I’m surprised it’s. it showing an error.

It’s odd for them to just cut out like that.

Also, welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
DPF seems a reasonable shout, if they get really blocked they cause all sorts of issues but I’m surprised it’s. it showing an error.

I think the other trouble is. The term lifetime parts. To me, lifetime means as long as I have the vehicle and it's still running. But in reality, a lot of manufacturers consider 100k lifetime. Which is why some DPF cleaning services won't touch them if they are high mileage.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hmm, worth changing the glow plugs? Maybe they are weak.

DavieTDI

Brain dead
Aug 3, 2013
kilmarnock Scotland
To be honest buddy an engine cut out on a diesel with no codes is a ******* to figure out unless you have the car in front of you. We can give you loads of ideas but that’s all they are. Take it to a good garage and ask them to have a look.

boofg

Jul 21, 2017
To be honest buddy an engine cut out on a diesel with no codes is a ******* to figure out unless you have the car in front of you. We can give you loads of ideas but that’s all they are. Take it to a good garage and ask them to have a look.
Iv taken it to a garage they cant figure it out

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.