Which lowering springs? MK3 Cupra

Gord93

Aug 13, 2018
Hi all

The time has come to lower my cupra, what do you guys recommend?

It’s a daily so don’t want to go too low, aswell as this I don’t want to compromise the working range of the oe dampers too much and ruin the handling/ride

Many thanks

Reactions: Tuningman1973

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
A neighbours son has lowered his SC 290 with Golf springs giving a 15-20mm drop. It looks the dogs nuts and we both agree is perfect from an aesthetic perspective.

Last edited:

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
Just replied to your PM, any questions just let me know :thumbup:

Damian @ DPM Performance

Hey mate. I’m interested in this too if you could let me know the options it would be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMMR

Nov 12, 2018
I’m really into put Sportlines on my ST (TDI) but have no feedback from other people so im gonna keep an eye on this thread

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
bf833f681ea7e143b3e2eae0dab1498d.jpg

Prokit

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
Wow, really not expecting prokit to be so low
Prokit is a way to go for every day. Works perfect with dcc, does not bottom out on every fkin pothole or unexpected bump. The pic above is what the car looks like with a full tank, couple of stuff in the back and one person in the car! When the tank is on the low, car completely empty it sits a bit higher but nothing much. Just fyi, on rear I’m running 11mm spacers and no spacers on the front.

TMMR

Nov 12, 2018
Mine is a Xcellence with no DCC and rigid rear axle
I’m struggling to choose between prokit and sportline. Your car looks great with prokit. I tried to mesure the space between tire and wheel arch and seems like around 50mm. eibach announces 35mm drop for prokit and 45mm drop for sportline. I want the car still a bit confy but not a boat like now. Will those 10mm difference make big difference on confort?

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
I had a MY17 FR 184DSG without DCC before the Cupra and I lowered it with Prokit too. I can say the ride was a lot harsher and my Cupra is a fair bit comfier than the FR, probably due to the better dampers and dcc. The drop was mostly the same I think.
Note that the car sits a bit higher normally than in the pic above and it all comes to personal preference. I like this look and and the drop is just right so I can drive normally every day and not worry about full car or not.
Can’t comment on sportline cause i got no experience with those but, hope someone else can assist you. Cheers

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
I have my doubts that is Prokit...I have seen Prokit in many cars and never has it been so low.
That looks almost like coilover low...

Yes I came here to lie to people, wtf man. You can literally find topics from months before where I asked if my Prokit from FR will fit my new Cupra.
Here are more pics with Prokit on my Cupra.
bf9cea16372436024c52bf37c4beb9cf.jpg

f55e001cd11580fbcc3b6a35ba0ab1fd.jpg

5bf620775ff9d30079bd4fbc0e6e43da.jpg

Reactions: Craig Elliott

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Relax, dude - no need to get all worked up.
In the first pic you posted the car looked quite low, that's all I said - you could have been mistaken about what was fitted... I don't exactly did a background check on you to see all your posts before commenting :)
If that is the Prokit lowering amount, then I would be totally happy with it.

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
Relax, dude - no need to get all worked up.
In the first pic you posted the car looked quite low, that's all I said - you could have been mistaken about what was fitted... I don't exactly did a background check on you to see all your posts before commenting :)
If that is the Prokit lowering amount, then I would be totally happy with it.
Sry on my attitude, just one of those days.
It is pro kit, I ran the same springs on my FR for a year and now on Cupra, also I did mention the car is a bit higher than on the first picture. Reason for is that it’s got a full tank there, couple of stuff in the trunk and a person in front, on the other pics its empty. Once again sry for my reaction. Cheers guys
6194f4d14848bd736ae949d72997ee7e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaco2k

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I have had 3 experiences with Prokit - 2 not so great and one quite good.

Had them first on my Saab 9-3 Aero, where the front ended up being too low and the rear actually higher than with the stock springs. After 2 months of fighting, emails, pics and measures between me, the importer and Eibach headquarters, it all boiled down to them sending me away and saying "it is within tolerances. Bye!"
Then, I got a Skoda Octavia VRS that absolutely needed lowering - H&R were simply too low (my Saab was scraping everywhere after lowered) so I went with Eibach again in the hope it would work better... Well, it didn't. Yet again rear was a bit higher than it should, and one rear corner in particular was higher than the other, which looked odd...
I gave up on that one.
Then, my girlfriend got a Fiat 500 that at some time needed new shocks, so... I revamped the whole suspension and this time, I did the job myself.
Since the Fiat 500 is quite high stock, I yet again went with Eibach on it (always the Prokit on all these cars) and this time it sat spot on.
Makes me wonder if the other ones on other cars were fitted properly.

As a side note, the VRS drove much better with the Prokit than with stock springs.

...so, and based on the pics just posted, I guess I can give Prokit another chance, but I also think once again I fit them myself ;)

Thanks for sharing and - no offense taken. Didn't mean to offend either. It just is the car looked really low ;)

Reactions: gof
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.