Kill all wipers...

Craig Elliott

Dec 28, 2018
who's done this to their MK3? I'm Considering it, but is it easy to get the plastics Off in the boot to get the motor out?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I find the unswept part of my rear screen gets filthy this time of year, so have never really understood why anyone would want to remove the rear wiper and have to rely on just their door mirrors to see what’s happening behind their car. I for one would really miss not having a clear view through my rear screen. Just my opinion though.

Maybe I’m just too old and set in my ways.............

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I find the unswept part of my rear screen gets filthy this time of year, so have never really understood why anyone would want to remove the rear wiper and have to rely on just their door mirrors to see what’s happening behind their car. I for one would really miss not having a clear view through my rear screen. Just my opinion though.

I drive a van daily for work so id be more inclined to delete my rear wiper too as i dont look out the rear window of my car

leon mk1 cupra

Reactions: Craig Elliott

Craig Elliott

Dec 28, 2018

My last 2 cars didn't have rear wipers fitted from factory, and over the past 4 years of owning them, I can't ever say I wish I had a rear wiper and I felt I didn't know what was happening behind me. I clean the car regularly and there's products you can use which help keep the window cleaner for longer. To me, the car would have to be exceptionally dirty to not see?

Reactions: Leeoncupra

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
It's usually saloons that don't have rear wipers as they don't have so much muck sprayed onto the window, I don't know of any modern hatchback or estate car that doesn't have a rear wiper from factory.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
It's usually saloons that don't have rear wipers as they don't have so much muck sprayed onto the window, I don't know of any modern hatchback or estate car that doesn't have a rear wiper from factory.
Yeah I went from a cupra 290 to a 68 plate s4 saloon, thought I'd get annoyed not having a rear wiper, but due to the boot it hardly ever gets any dirt on it

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
This has to rank among the most moronic 'mods' I have ever heard of!

I saw an Ibiza a few weeks ago with the wiper removed and a white sticker around the blank where it should have been saying 'Kill all wipers'. My first thought was 'this guy is a moron'. After thinking about it for a while I thought 'yip, definitely a moron'...

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Who ever designed the rear wiper was probably lined up and shot quickly after!

Luckily on Porsche you have to pay for a wiper so very few have them!

Nothing worse than seeing a filthy car with a small semi circle wiped clean at the back. I'd rather just wipe it all with a cloth, apply some decent water repellent as well.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I have an St and find the less I use the rear wiper the less dirt clings to the rear window. I stopped the auto wipe when selecting reverse.

No issues with visibility for me out of rear window. Perhaps the sleek lines of the rear help keep most of the spray away for the window?

Reactions: Leeoncupra

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
All down to personal preference. I think it looks good without, but I use mine and as I don't get to clean my car as regular as I like, it is a necessity for me to keep mine.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I read the title and wondered WTF, how do you get by without front wipers, especially in winter, now I see it doesn't quite mean what is says.

Reactions: Craig Elliott
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.