Ash's K1

Deleted member 103408

Very nice car they get better looking as they mature.

Very jealous and how did you manage to find such a clean one with no millage.

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
Very nice car they get better looking as they mature.

Very jealous and how did you manage to find such a clean one with no millage.

Thank you mate

It took a while I kept finding ones that had 90k plus on them or weren’t genuine
It even came with Bluetooth and aux standard which was a result I found it out on the journey home haha

Deleted member 103408

From Wiki

From 2008, the K1 variant of the León Cupra was introduced in the UK, featuring extensively re-worked front and rear bumpers, side skirts, a more pronounced tailgate spoiler. It also gained a unique chrome-tipped, centrally-mounted, oval exhaust. The K1 is considered to be a limited edition model, as production was only for the year 2008–2009 and it only being available in the UK.

Reactions: kanyewest

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Awesome!

Lovely car! Nice and shiny as well, you'll have to bring it to our next forum meet

Reactions: ash_89

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
The k1 is pretty much just a cupra with a body kit and center mounted exhaust :) ive always loved how aggressive they look also you dont see many at all round my way which in my view makes owning one even better .

first problem i noticed whilst driving it home was the engine temperature wasn't reaching 90 and staying there so i replaced the thermostat with a genuine part also whilst i was at it i changed the aux belt and tensioner gave her a full service plugs fuel filter etc

Last edited:
Reactions: kanyewest

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks mate we’re do you guys have the meet ?
All around the country, recently we've had Bispham near Blackpool, Castleton in the Peak District the last year's national meet was in Donington at the race track.

Looking to get another one in before this year's event though.

Reactions: ash_89

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
You going to get it mapped?
I already have had it mapped mate this thread is going to start as a story type something a bit different ;) just to show we’re ive got with the k1 now
I was putting loads of pics on tonight and continue the thread but my laptop has gone into a super slow mode and is knackered so will have to add the pics etc tomorrow at my works pc

Sharpy yes it is the start of it haha

Deleted member 103408

Welcome aboard to the bottomless money pit of Cupra ownership but to miss-quote xmas advert its worth it.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Oooo. I can't wait now. Besides I'm in total control. I was just pricing up the bigger turbos for curiosity.

Deleted member 103408

@ash_89 you now have a fan club following your every move.

@Legojon is the turbo for yours or the other one :) and you had better change your tag line as this is obviously not the last mod :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.