Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Felt guilty having the Cupra watch me clean another car in front of her whilst she was filthy!! (KKD Regloss)
EGw6MQz.jpg

AlexBJordan

Jan 1, 2019
Cheers. I'm so excited I haven't slept for days! Counting down the hours till I finish work and can take it out again. Although... it drinks petrol! I'm currently getting 14mpg. :rofl:

Managed to do the LEDs (can't live with yellow bulbs) and Valeo wipers.

dnDpycL.jpg

Ordered splitter... and mats... getting quotes for mopping.

I really like those LED, but then when you take to MOT is it ok?

AlexBJordan

Jan 1, 2019
Triple R splitter fitted:

HIuI2nx.jpg

Plus a full detail over at CarPerfection:

V5PGUir.jpg

RzdFsKD.jpg
Despite the non stop rain... I managed to get my car almost clean. Will do better when the weathers better.

Wheels I just sprayed n rinsed (lazy lol). But impressed with AG custom wheels for no effort:

UavZeED.jpg

Exhaust before n after with Autosol... apparently its silver:

Yq6DmS1.jpg

Interior with AG leather care / balm:

909b1yb.jpg

Outside was a quick wash n dry... just shampoo as its being detailed tomorrow:

wjIxOYF.jpg

hDxWaaB.jpg

On the picture where we can see the keys, one advice I got was not to have a lot of weight on the key holder where you have the car keys. They said in the future can damage the barrel. I don't know about that, but I'm not concerned because I always used different key holders for different keys and at the moment I have only my car keys in one. Just saying and by the way, it is a very nice car. I prefer the MK2 than the rest of it.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I really like those LED, but then when you take to MOT is it ok?

Definitely! I had my mot just before xmas. Unfortunately, the fog LEDs (can't find resistors that fit) always throw an error (DRL and side are pot luck). I didn't even get an advisory for it.

On the picture where we can see the keys, one advice I got was not to have a lot of weight on the key holder where you have the car keys. They said in the future can damage the barrel.

Ah, that would make sense. I've seen a lot on the VW MK5 forums about the barrels going often. But never associated it with being the weight of the keys! Cheers.

Reactions: kanyewest

AlexBJordan

Jan 1, 2019
So far two mobile wheel repairers couldn't be :censored: to turn up (thanks WheelPerfection and FixAScratch!). So just left me waiting in all day. Decided to take it somewhere and get it done. Going to repair for now and consider a refurb when I can make my mind up on a colour.

In the meantime, LED boot:

42mm C10W White
Vyid7Ow.jpg

Mirror visors:

2x 39mm C5W White
B0aShwx.jpg

SVR9o31.jpg

Giving me a creepy glow:

TYxNF3d.jpg

zQyfdPF.jpg
I'm trying my best to find the best LED lights but at the end of the day, I'm always a bit concern if it's good or not. Can you send the link from eBay or where you bought yours, please? I want to use white all over the interior. Tks

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Reactions: AlexBJordan

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Cam follower after 5000 miles. Coatings still intact, some wear around the edges. Going to leave the replacement in for 10k.
b1hGOqC.jpg

S3XonnS.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looking great Jon glad all that ash did not leave its mark on your car

Cheers. I can finally sleep at night again. LOL. Took a lot of elbow grease to get all the marks out. The polishing alone took nearly 3 hours for 2 panels.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Cheers. I can finally sleep at night again. LOL. Took a lot of elbow grease to get all the marks out. The polishing alone took nearly 3 hours for 2 panels.

How can you sleep at night knowing it’s only 99% correct??

And you call yourself a detailer, Shane on you

Seriously, Looks very nice indeed and I’m glad there was no lasting damage

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looks stunning mate best colour for these in my opinion the colour reflects really well

Cheers. Just spent another fortune on cleaning products. So will be stripping all the wax off and reapplying it in the next couple of weeks.

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
That is the only downfall of having a white car you dont get the depth of shine .
can i ask what you used to get the bonnet plastic trim so good ?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
That is the only downfall of having a white car you dont get the depth of shine .
can i ask what you used to get the bonnet plastic trim so good ?

That's just autoglym trim gel. But the "improved" strawberry flavour one. At some point I plan to try the gtechniq permanent trim gel. But I have a ton of autoglym left to get through.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
That's just autoglym trim gel. But the "improved" strawberry flavour one. At some point I plan to try the gtechniq permanent trim gel. But I have a ton of autoglym left to get through.
I use maguires bumper restorer on the plastic bonnet bit. Gives it a deep shine and last a good 8 weeks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.