Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
cheers guys for the tips , yeah my local detailing shop does that gtechniq permanent trim gel is it the one in the little bottle that costs and arm and a leg haha

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
cheers guys for the tips , yeah my local detailing shop does that gtechniq permanent trim gel is it the one in the little bottle that costs and arm and a leg haha
About £40 I think, one bottle should do you thou as it should last year's when applied correctly

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
About £40 I think, one bottle should do you thou as it should last year's when applied correctly
Ford ka owners must love that stuff haha , i think ill keep using the meguiars tyre gel like you mate as you say it comes up great and lasts a good while

jon have you noticed chaffing on the blue forge dv pipe you have right were it meets the a/c pipe ?

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
I got and used both the gtechniq and gyeon trim restorer on my old plastic covered Peugeot and both worked well and lasted ages. I would recommend either

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
jon have you noticed chaffing on the blue forge dv pipe you have right were it meets the a/c pipe ?

Can't say that I have. Excuse the dust LOL.
rr3PxCj.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Whilst I was checking over the car. I used the brake thickness tester on the front pads. Twice. Then went and got a ruler because I didn't believe it. But tis true. My front pads are down to 7mm after 5000 miles.

Can't remember if they started at 17 or 22mm. But either way I expected more than that from em. Wonder if it's the slotted discs that cheese grated them?

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
Whilst I was checking over the car. I used the brake thickness tester on the front pads. Twice. Then went and got a ruler because I didn't believe it. But tis true. My front pads are down to 7mm after 5000 miles.

Can't remember if they started at 17 or 22mm. But either way I expected more than that from em. Wonder if it's the slotted discs that cheese grated them?

what pads have you got jon ?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
what pads have you got jon ?

I stand corrected. Ecp reckon they start at 16mm. They are Pagid, off the 2.5l Audi TT. Hopefully they've worn so quick because of the bedding in material. Guess I'll see how quick the next 4mm goes. On the bright side they are only 40ish a set.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I stand corrected. Ecp reckon they start at 16mm. They are Pagid, off the 2.5l Audi TT. Hopefully they've worn so quick because of the bedding in material. Guess I'll see how quick the next 4mm goes. On the bright side they are only 40ish a set.
I'm still on my OEM set of pads from a SEAT garage which went on in October 2017 lol done 10k on them so far the garage said they still have plenty left.

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire

I had pagid on my old mk5 gti the didnt wear that quick but kicked out alot of brake dust , are you stage 2 + ?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm still on my OEM set of pads from a SEAT garage which went on in October 2017 lol done 10k on them so far the garage said they still have plenty left.

Yeah. Same with my OEMs. But then again OEM seem to start much thicker as well. Guess it's cause of the toaster like design.

I had pagid on my old mk5 gti the didnt wear that quick but kicked out alot of brake dust , are you stage 2 + ?

Yeah the dust is insane. Everyone thinks my wheels are anthracite. But they are actually bronze. Yeah, stage 2+ with the DB9 calipers.

Deleted member 103408

@Legojon love your car and I think you have more than enough power.

But

I saw this today and thought of you

Everything you need to make your 2.0tfsi 600+ bhp,

*Race Developments cylinder head ported and gas flowed
*c/w supertech uprated valves and springs and standard cams.
*HEP stage 2 inlet manifold c/With secondary injectors, wire Loom inc , powder coated black and fuel rail in Candy red .
*Nortech stainless manifold c/w heat sensor and wiring.
*Garrett GTX 3076r Gen 2 turbo with a turbo smart external wastegate and 3" stainless downpipe also thermal heat rapped and jacket on the turbo and engine bay stainless heat shield.
*Comes with Air intake and Revi foam filter .
* Syvecs Stand Alone Plug an play ECU capable of running all your cars needs plus both Direct and port injection together.

Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 22.21.54.png

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm up for making this happen lol lets start another Paypal fund me page haha

Just out of curiosity how much would this actually cost lol

Reactions: Yellow fr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Let’s all chip in so @Legojon can have this.

I’d love to see how many miles from a tank of V Power that engine would give

Haha, I'm up for that!! Will it be like Doms car from fast n furious?

I'm up for making this happen lol lets start another Paypal fund me page haha

Just out of curiosity how much would this actually cost lol

I'm wondering exactly that. LOL. And also worrying about turbo lag. Maybe for my third mid-life crisis... which I don't feel is that far away.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.