Deleted member 103408

done :beer:,

Thinks thinks :clown::clown:

but then I will have to buy you one back

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Got me a few little bits to see me through January lol

Now to get the old aerial off... I remember it being a pain on my previous leon...

These are only a test and may not be staying on the car, although the fog bulbs will be staying if they are whiter than current.

IMG_20190107_181350_crop_584x773.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
do these count as mods?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
These are things I can just take off in like 5 seconds so I don't see them as that no lol I class hardware as mods... I like little bits to make mine unique haha

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Um, what are the shiny things with the Cupra logo on?
They go on the the door shuts over that metal latch that the door goes over to lock. Who knows if it will fit etc lol

When the car comes back from getting the new servo pipes fitted I will try all 3 things out

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hopefully got some little goodies to fit over the next 2 weeks as i've been lazy!

Plastic Battery Box
Blue Metal Door shutter protectors
Stubby Aerial
Alloy Wheel Cupra Decals (Blue)
Front Fog lights
Bonnet gas strut kit (no drilling or welding)
SEAT (Non Genuine) tyre dust caps in black
Magnetic mount for the cd player slot so I can mount a tablet for Torque App
Ram air standard size air filter

Then after that it's a full clean if the weather holds and is warm enough lol

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
This bonnet gas strut mod you're doing, is this a kit you can buy, or is it a few parts that you have to buy separately to make it up?
It supposedly comes as a full set so I took the plunge and bought it... A minor issue is that there is no reviews and it's from Russia lol

I have the link if you want it but i'd recommend waiting for me to get mine delivered and tested before spending £50 for the brackets and struts.

I will do a guide and review once I get it (hopefully next week), I didn't post the link in the first place in case people just bought it and it was rubbish.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
It supposedly comes as a full set so I took the plunge and bought it... A minor issue is that there is no reviews and it's from Russia lol

I have the link if you want it but i'd recommend waiting for me to get mine delivered and tested before spending £50 for the brackets and struts.

I will do a guide and review once I get it (hopefully next week), I didn't post the link in the first place in case people just bought it and it was rubbish.
I had the kit from russia fitted to my cupra

Only downside was its stiff to close and i was scared it would dent the bonnet when shutting

leon mk1 cupra

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I had the kit from russia fitted to my cupra

Only downside was its stiff to close and i was scared it would dent the bonnet when shutting

leon mk1 cupra

I assume it didn't dent the bonnet lol I don't mind it being stiff to close as it means it's keeping it from falling lol does it stop before it hits anything behind the bonnet?

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I assume it didn't dent the bonnet lol I don't mind it being stiff to close as it means it's keeping it from falling lol does it stop before it hits anything behind the bonnet?
When you install it you will see what i mean lol

The pic was when j jnstalled it

But the mk2 fr with air ride i had it only had 1 gas strut on which did the job just the same and wasnt as stiff to close...
40cd5d515a3d55bb1b9107a8f7761c97.jpg

leon mk1 cupra

Reactions: Sharpy
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.