CUPRA Ateca owner's register

What CUPRA Ateca do you have or have ordered

• Total voters

DallowCupra

Jun 21, 2018
Not ordered but test drove one last weekend. Very lovely car and I'd love one, we're looking for a new car to replace our ix35 so this was top of the list
Seat are doing a great 0% deal with the Tarraco and the Ateca FR sport but not for the Cupra which I find odd given the little difference in price. If it was also in the 0% finance deal I could probably push it past the wife.

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Mine's supposed to be built sometime in the next couple of weeks (SEAT customer services seem a little confused!). Hoping it will be here for 1st March delivery.

Reactions: Syphon

OJarvis

Oct 31, 2018
I had a Leon Cupra and I've just placed an order at White Dove SEAT in Cardiff for the Cupra Ateca Design Pack. Safe to say it is lovely and drives like a DREAM! I could only get a picture of the back but take a look; I ordered mine in black but I got the copper wheels as part of the Design Pack. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bss4bzOgmR-/ - my image is actually on their Instagram :) :) #SoExcited

Attachments

• Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 322
Reactions: louiskopite

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
Ordered last week, to replace our Leon ST FR :)
As I'm in Belgium, no design or comfort packs. We ordered it in Velvet red, with leather interior (alcantara combined with dogs = bad idea), sunroof, tow hook and spare wheel.
No Brembo brakes, as these cannot be combined with spare wheel, and one is obliged to take the sound pack as well. On top of that, heard of plenty reliability issues with these on Audi models.

Delivery somewhere between end April and early June.

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Well, it is a Seat really, however much the marketing department wants us to call it a Cupra instead ;)
Totally agree with you. That's what I see as the most ludicrous point in the whole "Cupra" brand thing. No one on earth is going to think it's not a SEAT if it's just a re-badged SEAT. Even when I see a DS or Abarth badged car I still instantly think it's a Citroen or FIAT and I can well imagine so do the majority of people. I've driven several DS models from Avis hire and they don't feel any better or different inside or to drive than their Citroen stablemates which I've also had on hire.
The low end brands think they can try to uplift some models by making a new brand but it doesn't seem to work IMO. Look at higher end cars, AMG Merc do AMG specific models but they still have the Merc badge on them. BMW haven't taken the BMW badge off the M models.
An example of where making a new brand works is with Toyota who have created Lexus. Everyone knows Lexus is a part of Toyota but their cars are totally different and much higher end, in that case it works as a Lexus is not just a re-badged Toyota, the same could be said for Infiniti (Nissan) but just look at the UK sales of those brands no matter how good they are they seem to be low.
I'm not sure what SEAT expect sales wise from the Cupra brand but I wish them good luck, IMO they'll need some aggressive pricing to make any level of impact.

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
Marketing wise it makes sense to create a separate brand. Not to us in the know of Cupra and its history, but it will entice a whole load of people who might otherwise never consider a Seat, as they consider Seat the cheaper sporty brother of Audi or Volkswagen. At the same time Seat can shake off the perceived boy-racer image attached to Cupras of old.
With the "separate" branding Seat (or better said the Volkswagen group) can position these cars in a different market place, that is all there is to it. Pricing does not even need to be aggressive - at least for the Cupra Ateca, any similarly sized SUV with similar performance is at least 10k € more: Porsche Macan (S), Mercedes GLA AMG, BMX X2 in M-spec, Audi SQ2. The most hideous looking car in their history, that last one.

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Totally agree with you. That's what I see as the most ludicrous point in the whole "Cupra" brand thing. No one on earth is going to think it's not a SEAT if it's just a re-badged SEAT. Even when I see a DS or Abarth badged car I still instantly think it's a Citroen or FIAT and I can well imagine so do the majority of people. I've driven several DS models from Avis hire and they don't feel any better or different inside or to drive than their Citroen stablemates which I've also had on hire.
The low end brands think they can try to uplift some models by making a new brand but it doesn't seem to work IMO. Look at higher end cars, AMG Merc do AMG specific models but they still have the Merc badge on them. BMW haven't taken the BMW badge off the M models.
An example of where making a new brand works is with Toyota who have created Lexus. Everyone knows Lexus is a part of Toyota but their cars are totally different and much higher end, in that case it works as a Lexus is not just a re-badged Toyota, the same could be said for Infiniti (Nissan) but just look at the UK sales of those brands no matter how good they are they seem to be low.
I'm not sure what SEAT expect sales wise from the Cupra brand but I wish them good luck, IMO they'll need some aggressive pricing to make any level of impact.
Apparently what they are looking for is conquest sales. I read somewhere that they are hoping for 80% - i.e. people that wouldn't have considered a SEAT before.

Reactions: perelaar

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
Marketing wise it makes sense to create a separate brand. Not to us in the know of Cupra and its history, but it will entice a whole load of people who might otherwise never consider a Seat, as they consider Seat the cheaper sporty brother of Audi or Volkswagen. At the same time Seat can shake off the perceived boy-racer image attached to Cupras of old.
With the "separate" branding Seat (or better said the Volkswagen group) can position these cars in a different market place, that is all there is to it. Pricing does not even need to be aggressive - at least for the Cupra Ateca, any similarly sized SUV with similar performance is at least 10k € more: Porsche Macan (S), Mercedes GLA AMG, BMX X2 in M-spec, Audi SQ2. The most hideous looking car in their history, that last one.
Forthcoming VW T-Roc R will give it a run for it's money?

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Fully loaded press car arriving for a week from tomorrow. Will be sharing pics etc on Instagram and Facebook.

Scott

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not on either.Would you be willing to post it all on here too?

johnd

Nov 18, 2018
A driving review here would be good, but focusing on driving and dynamics. I think we all know by now that it's effectively a standard Ateca with an odd badge but a Golf R engine, so no need to repeat all that.

What I'm interested in are things that you can't tell from a showroom look-over, ie ride quality over poorer UK roads on (I think) 40 profile tyres); how snappy the DSG response is in both comfort and sport modes; is Cupra mode something you'd ever use in normal driving?; noise (both good and bad, eg a quiet motorway cruise but maybe some more interesting sounds during hard acceleration); dynamics etc. What I would be expecting from a car like the Cupra Ateca is not of course 911 roadholding, but probably more GT character, ie ability to cover longer distances in decent comfort and speed but with some strong performance thrown in.

Last edited:

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
I had a Leon Cupra and I've just placed an order at White Dove SEAT in Cardiff for the Cupra Ateca Design Pack. Safe to say it is lovely and drives like a DREAM! I could only get a picture of the back but take a look; I ordered mine in black but I got the copper wheels as part of the Design Pack. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bss4bzOgmR-/ - my image is actually on their Instagram :) :) #SoExcited
Looks fantastic in black and suits the copper Cupra badge. Just a pity the black Cupra lettering is invisible.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.