Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

jdmsx

Away washing the car
It’s a minor mod kinda day. So I actually managed to get my hands on a set of genuine Seat Sport pedal covers just before I started this forum, and also a Creation Motorsport deadpedal cover to match. I put the Seat Sport pedals on a few weeks ago but never got round to the deadpedal due to time and weather. Pedals are just a case of pulling the oem rubber covers off and following the instructions that come with them to put the new covers on. The deadpedal requires 3 holes to be drilled into it to allow the fitting of the hardware, removal of the deadpedal is just a case of one 10mm nut and it pops out.

Couple of photos:
Before
FEB853BF-0A0F-48AB-B43E-2891AA60FE8C.jpeg

C3DF4901-3A65-4F20-A7CD-6533B4BDAD48.jpeg

A158FB31-19CB-4753-B8F4-38F803D4F5C0.jpeg

D6AA0F10-6942-4ACF-ABC2-6E34A8E00968.jpeg

*Ignore the dirt, I promise I clean the inside too*

Overall I’m happy. Wish the CreationMotorsport cover came with flush/countersunk mounting bolts instead of convex bolts but that’s me just being picky. Found with the oem rubber pedals, and filling up at petrol stations, if you get any diesel residue on your feet, then you end up almost putting your foot through the firewall they slip off that fast so I’m glad the Seat Sport pedals do a good job of stopping that with the extra surface area.

Bonus Content:
1119216D-8509-4F20-907B-F70788134783.jpeg

In love with the overall stance now (doesn’t beat my mate’s pickup though haha). The lack of rear spoiler is killing the whole back end look in my opinion butttt tomorrow morning the car is going for a full 4 wheel alignment to double check everything on the car. This was my budgeted money for the spoiler being painted while I’m on holiday so will have to wait a little longer. Will also be making a start on the front door speakers tomorrow afternoon and HOPING it is finished by the evening, but I doubt it.

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Update from today:
Car went for alignment today, somewhere new to me but really pleased with the work carried out. He tried varying tyre positions, done a steering angle calibration, gave me a road test to ensure I was happy, all using brand new equipment. A lot of confidence in the guy, really knows his stuff.
E1D81929-8B12-4E39-9FCD-FC6D5A57AAE0.jpeg

CDCAA289-753F-43CF-AC62-796E373A8CF7.jpeg
198B79F7-69BE-4361-B043-F461D4762372.jpeg
25CEEFED-DEE1-4D31-AF39-75D742EC88AD.jpeg

All green for go!

And the drivers doorcard came off! After a few hours of struggling I eventually got it all apart, only to find out the wiring adapters are for a 6L so now I’m completely stumped. Can’t seem to find any correct adapters online and I’m not very clued up on wiring/electronics. Abandoned the car in the garage and came away for dinner as it was getting cold outside. Frustrated as I don’t want to just buy an oem replacement, would rather upgrade.
C5C0CD82-E798-4F84-BA19-E06FBA91E111.jpeg

Don’t want to even think about putting it back together.
9B7CE9A6-416B-4C0C-BA05-E55F5B132332.jpeg

Wrong f**king adapter

jdmsx

Away washing the car
So I conquered my speaker installation problems! Using a bit of problem solving I managed to mod everything to make everything fit.
Speaker Installation Mods:
F0D18680-F538-4343-BFA7-85E1A43BE2B3.jpeg

Firstly I cut the wiring adapter plastics away to expose the pins.
05B55656-A82F-4339-A7E2-ABD0142B8FDA.jpeg

The speakers came with screws for fitting to other applications, but I cut them down and used them to attach the speakers to the plastic speaker adapter bracket. I left one screw full size till the end just to tap each hole with a thread.
F46A1A8B-F38E-499F-9C70-D6B6E69EC35A.jpeg

The speaker adapters don’t come with enough room to use the oem torx screws to attach back to the doorcard, so had to become creative and make room, using a hacksaw to cut slits in the plastic, then broke away only the front layer of plastic which gave me sufficient room. I couldn’t avoid cutting the back layer but keeping it in place means it holds some rigidity. There are 6 places on each adapter that I had to do this for.
024363B5-D1D4-48B2-A4CE-576BA747B0E9.jpeg

Screw the speaker to the adapter, fitted the torx screws through the adapter beforehand as they are kinda tight for the first few threads. Then attached the wiring adapter.
77A776E9-9C50-4654-8AB3-E271A31DB52E.jpeg

Plugged the speaker in and ensured it worked. Then screwed the speaker back to the doorcard, used a few cableties to keep everything tight as the last thing you want is an annoying rattle. I also put a cabletie around the connection so it can’t rattle loose too.
Began reassembling the doorcard back to the door using Techie’s guide again. I also put a bit of sound deadening on the door while it was all apart.
This was the first time doing doorcards on a seat, only ever tackled a mk4 vw doorcard before this so I feel pretty accomplished right now!

Last edited:

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Merry Christmas fellow enthusiasts! Hope the fat man brought you all the car parts you asked for.
Got some small detailing goodies to test out:
407F6179-A4D7-4B18-921D-96F8B8D21602.jpeg

Fusso99 wax - LOVE the branding. Apart from my love for vag vehicles, I also share the same love for JDM cars and vintage japanese motorsport type products. The appearance reminds me exactly of this. Really looking forward to trying it!
Angelwax Vision and H2Go - Glass Cleaner and Rain Repellent. Another product I’ve heard good reviews for and at a good price.

Been thinking about what the next steps are for the beefa. Rear spoiler being painted is my top priority on the list. I think I’m gonna try sell the replica sideskirts I have. Don’t fancy spending money getting them painted when I know I won’t be happy with them as they aren’t OEM (although the spoiler isn’t oem, majority of people run the replica spoiler as it is a smaller part). While trying to search for oem skirts, I’m going to have a go making a custom sideskirt extension from plastic trim just as a small budget project.

The next big step is wheels. After putting my spacers on and seeing the fitment, I just can’t help but feel like the car needs something aftermarket to improve the overall look. Had a few options in mind, the deciding factor being the timing of a set that comes up for sale first.

Few options that stick in my head:
1) XXR 527 alloys (cheap option)
D03CB5EF-F5D2-42A2-AB8A-E2CFB5C462B7.jpeg

2) Cast13 Rb1 alloys (cheap option, not seen any on a mk5 ibiza yet)
6F559141-00B9-4FAD-B1B8-A07580103783.jpeg

3) Rotiform NUE alloys (more expensive)
CF57095E-7087-4B7B-9C31-DF173AD1E165.jpeg

4) Fifteen52 Turbomac alloys (Most expensive)
AA713150-BE7B-4AF5-9938-75C35B483F5C.jpeg

Time will be the deciding factor in the choice made! Not my only options but the sets I’m looking out for most.

Reactions: louiskopite

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Little update...
C8F4C2B1-C7E6-404A-AAE0-D144C3012536.jpeg

Rear Facelift Led Tailight(s):thumbup:
Now you’re thinking “Why the f:censored:k has he bought 2 left hand lights?”

Welllllll, I bought a left hand light as it was listed for a bargain price off a breakers on Ebay, contacted them beforehand to ensure that the light was in perfect condition, they ensured me it was, light arrived in the post, really well packaged and...
3A0C07B0-07D3-4BDF-A26E-709E7FBB629C.jpeg

It was cracked:banghead2 (not actually that bad but not ideal).
Immediately messaged them with proof of the crack and they said they would send a replacement free of charge! So now I have one in very good condition and one with a crack.
I actually missed the listing for the drivers side one.
I was watching it on Ebay but someone bought it while I was waiting for both sides to be listed. Still not too bothered as the light was at a price I couldn’t refuse.

Now it’s just a waiting game to find a cheap driver’s side!

Last edited:

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Unfortunately, this week the car has developed it’s first proper fault. P2100 Throttle Actuator Circuit Open. Took the intake manifold off, cleaned it of the crap stuck in it, checked the movement of the flap, tried fitting a new intake manifold flap, checked all the fuses, had a full diagnostic scan but no success with any of it. Suspect to a wiring fault which is out of my skillset and lack of time due to work. Car is now with a local garage to check over and see if they can find the cause. Hopefully be back in top form soon with new updates!

jdmsx

Away washing the car
So after almost 2 weeks of not driving my ibiza daily, it’s back from the garage. The P2100 fault I was having turned out to be a broken live and broken earth wire for the intake manifold flap, located in the depths of the engine bay somewhere. They had rubbed through and eventually broke causing the open circuit. Auto electrician spent a good few hours tracing the wiring and assured me that it definitely won’t occur again after the repair. Now we can get back to modding:thumbup:. Hopefully the snow doesn’t come this weekend and can get some stuff done!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So after almost 2 weeks of not driving my ibiza daily, it’s back from the garage. The P2100 fault I was having turned out to be a broken live and broken earth wire for the intake manifold flap, located in the depths of the engine bay somewhere. They had rubbed through and eventually broke causing the open circuit. Auto electrician spent a good few hours tracing the wiring and assured me that it definitely won’t occur again after the repair. Now we can get back to modding:thumbup:. Hopefully the snow doesn’t come this weekend and can get some stuff done!

Glad you got it sorted. Nothing worse than a fault you can't track down (except not being able to drive your car).

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Glad you got it sorted. Nothing worse than a fault you can't track down (except not being able to drive your car).
Yeah, it was quite a pain as I do just shy of 300 miles a week for work, and there’s no direct transport links from where I stay, to my place of work. Ended up insuring my Mum’s car for a few days but it was so thirsty compared to the ibiza:no: After 2 days I had to put in £20 of fuel, while the ibiza can do me a full week on £30. Jumping back in the ibiza after it was all sorted made me appreciate it much more though, and I forget how quick it actually is, so had a spirited drive home with a big smile on my face:thumbup:

jdmsx

Away washing the car
So this week I managed to grab a second facelift light for another bargain price. Many people sell these for around £180 for a pair... I’ve managed to pay half in total just by being patient:thumbup:

Little Comparison:
Pre-facelift
3E948C4B-FAEE-476D-9281-0958BAAB35FA.jpeg

Facelift
DCCF1E84-4AA0-41F9-8452-804DC1996736.jpeg

Spent the rest of the afternoon trying to wire in some LED footwell lights but to no joy, seems they don’t want get any power to them. Back to the drawing board on them.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Difference on lights is day and night! Good shout.

Love this car! Looks proper mean lol

Reactions: jdmsx
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.