The ultimate front splitter thread

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
I think it looks similar but the Rieger one comes in Matt Black or Gloss Black.

Gloss Black would match nicely with the front splitter,mirrors and wheels.
Yeah I agree. But looks too similar to justify spending a load of money on one when the difference isn’t hardly noticeable.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yeah I agree. But looks too similar to justify spending a load of money on one when the difference isn’t hardly noticeable.
If you see them side by side there is a noticeable difference, it’s a subtle OEM looking mod, but if you go gloss black it looks out of place if you don’t get the black plastic part where the number plate sits painted.

Rif

Jan 22, 2019
I'm liking the OEM look of the Reiger the more photos I see. Looks like an extension of the bumper as opposed to an add on (IMO)

Reactions: Maypack and Damo H

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
It looks more OEM than the Carbon and R's Splitter!

Now where is @Maypack when you need him for another photo haha

Bad Penny has arrived
c1389f21392d98859020c2848a5fc109.jpg

7dda92c12dd9a38625377595e734282f.jpg
29e1e85f98c5526e150d932e6a60a957.jpg

Three for the price of one

Rif

Jan 22, 2019
^ Looks great. Just have to convince myself to part with the extra pennies :rolleyes:

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
^ Looks great. Just have to convince myself to part with the extra pennies :rolleyes:

It’s a no brainier really. Looks the part and the easiest of all splitters to fit by a mile. Get the front end off the floor and it’s 30 minutes maximum. 2nd person is helpful but manageable by yourself.

The extra pennies will be well spent, I guarantee it. You know it makes sense just do it

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
It’s a no brainier really. Looks the part and the easiest of all splitters to fit by a mile. Get the front end off the floor and it’s 30 minutes maximum. 2nd person is helpful but manageable by yourself.

The extra pennies will be well spent, I guarantee it. You know it makes sense just do it

Do you need to remove the bumper or in a very short explanation, what needs to be done?

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
No bumper removal required.

Splitter has 22 pre drilled holes in it. Hold Splitter up to car and 4 will align with 4 self tappers already on the car (these go through overlapping panels so need to go back through them when you reinsert self tappers). Remove these 4 and hold splitter up and reinstate the 4. Splitter is fitted in position. Using a 3mm drill bit and the 18 pre drilled holes left, drill pilot holes. Then using supplied self tappers fit the last 18 and stand back and admire your work.

You can use silicon between Splitter and car to aid it staying in place and to keep water out.

Westy

Sep 30, 2018
8543FEFE-E99C-46AE-AB15-5829D6760E06.jpeg
3AF12BD8-1479-413C-8631-E01ACB00294E.jpeg
Another vote for the Reiger front splitter, looks awesome and like Maypack said very simple to fit. I fitted mine at work with the aid of a ramp but went for the belt n braces approach and and pulled the bumper off in order to fit spire clips across the front edge which is impossible to get to with the bumper in place.
It fits perfectly and I’m made up with it

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
View attachment 4226 View attachment 4225 Another vote for the Reiger front splitter, looks awesome and like Maypack said very simple to fit. I fitted mine at work with the aid of a ramp but went for the belt n braces approach and and pulled the bumper off in order to fit spire clips across the front edge which is impossible to get to with the bumper in place.
It fits perfectly and I’m made up with it

Looks the business too. Car looks so much better with it on. Nice one

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
It really looks great and fits like OEM, have to think about doing it also. I would wrap the bumper lower part gloss black under the middle lower grill too...

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
I'll be looking for a splitter for the 300 I acquired recently and it's a toss up between the Rieger and Seats own offering. The former is a tad expensive, but extends the front bumper to give a more sporty look which I like. The latter is more integrated, but is very pointy like the carbon/R, and looks suceptible to impact damage. Bother require side skirts (not blades) to complete the look in my own humble opinion of course.

Last edited:

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
I'll be looking for a splitter for the 300 I acquired recently and it's a toss up between the Reiger and Seats own offering. The former is a tad expensive, but extends the front bumper to give a more sporty look which I like. The latter is more integrated, but is very pointy like the carbon/R, and looks suceptible to impact damage. Bother require side skirts (not blades) to complete the look in my own humble opinion of course.

a885b5f5e93b660e4e9f7b87b431c706.jpg

Splash the cash and go Rieger. Easy to fit and looks the part. You won’t be dissappointed. I wasn’t.