What are you using...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Screenshot_20190118-225254__01.jpg

Seems like auto finesse are starting their own how to clean car as for people who like throwing money at things haha

Reactions: kanyewest

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Tomorrow is maintenance wash and another few layers of wheel sealant then bonnet strut fitting so when I take a picture the car is clean haha I've got a reputation to consider.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
i need your help to clean the inside of my windscreen. im buying some microfibre cloths tonight, so share what you guys use to clean please. my windscreen gets quite foggy too, any idea what i could use to stop this as im not too fond of air conditioning
We have a thread on this in the MK2 section, there is no real definitive answer but here is there thread - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....-windscreen-inside.448781/page-2#post-4826001

Maybe clean it with a glass cleaner like @bruceR mentions above then maybe ceramic coat it? also check that your door seals are in good order and maybe use a de-humidifier bag and open windows for a few seconds before turning off the car to keep the air temp the same as outside...

Reactions: bruceR

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
As some of you will remember the great fire of 2019 which really :censored: me off. So, keep in mind I snowfoamed the car (autofinesse), washed with Megs NXT. Dried with microfiber towel. Then used gyeon glass cleaner. And buffed off. It's hard to photo glass. So importantly then, so you can all see what the ash has done, I sprayed water liberally over the freshly cleaned glass:
j3gZmMO.jpg

This is what's been annoying me for about a fortnight now because it's highly visible all the time from the inside. So I broke out a bottle of Autoglym glass polish I had laying around. Worked it in. Of course it produced it's usual load of white bits, so I used a damp microfiber to remove. After a few attempts (remember spray water on glass for photo):
Q9jZXgS.jpg

Then last attempt with gyeon glass cleaner and buff off:
iYWAf1P.jpg

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Rainex has been on the market for years, I personally apply a layer of chemical guys jet seal, sealant to the windows when I am applying it the paint work and this aids the water dispersal no end.

Reactions: Maypack

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
What’s the best rain repellent for windscreens that anyone has used? I’m looking for something to help make viewing easier and help shed rain.
I find that some window stuff makes my wipers sqeak which annoys me so I don't use any now... But you could maybe use some aqua coat which I've tried yet...

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
I've bought alot of products for my new car :) Some I've used before and some new products for me.

TAC moonlight
TAC Quartz Max
TAC Mystic bubble shampoo
TAC wheelcleaner
TAC total one essential
AngelWax Vision
AngelWax H2GO
AngelWax Clarity
AngelWax Elixir
Tershine Extract degreaser
Valet Pro APC
New wheelwoolies, washmitts, drying towels, applicators etc. Already have ceramic coating for wheels n calipers

Now I just need my car to get built :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.