New Ibiza ordered!

Jonny Brewer

Dec 4, 2018
Build week 3. Estimated delivery week 5/6

Not heard a thing, I’ve no order number on my order form either. Just EM0 which signifies nothing
I rang up my dealership and they were able to check the status on their system, they also had an identical car to mine in the compound which they let me have a look at! Give your dealership a ring and they may be able to give you some more info. I'd say your car is probably in the UK by now waiting to arrive at dealership

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
I rang up my dealership and they were able to check the status on their system, they also had an identical car to mine in the compound which they let me have a look at! Give your dealership a ring and they may be able to give you some more info. I'd say your car is probably in the UK by now waiting to arrive at dealership

Yeah that’ll be my best bet! I did try emailing them but that doesn’t seem very reliable at the minute.

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
Yeah that’ll be my best bet! I did try emailing them but that doesn’t seem very reliable at the minute.

Well I just got a response from my dealer via voicemail and email... my car has only just been built today, so It should arrive in the UK within 3 weeks. However they’ve suggested waiting till 1st March to pick it up due to the new 19 plates.
So my question is, what benefits would this give me, having it on a 19 plate?
(I’ve a private plate I’m going to put on it anyway...)
Tia

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
R
Well I just got a response from my dealer via voicemail and email... my car has only just been built today, so It should arrive in the UK within 3 weeks. However they’ve suggested waiting till 1st March to pick it up due to the new 19 plates.
So my question is, what benefits would this give me, having it on a 19 plate?
(I’ve a private plate I’m going to put on it anyway...)
Tia
Big reason - Resale. Even though you have a personal plate, it'll still be a "19" plate at selling time not a "68"
Small reason, save a month of VED.

Simon Barker

Dec 21, 2018
I ordered my xcellence lux in desire red on the 19th from JCB in Ashford and just given a build date on week 8 so told it will be ready mid March. I have just asked for the rear fr diffuser with fake exhausts to be fitted for £240.63 by them. My daughter will be getting the same but in mystic blue at the same time. I was originally told delivery would be 9th May so it was a nice surprise. They seem to be a good dealer and offering good discounts.
That seems good price to have rear diffuser fitted don't forget you will have to tell insurance company. Do you know how it fits? I wonder if could do easily yourself

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
That seems good price to have rear diffuser fitted don't forget you will have to tell insurance company. Do you know how it fits? I wonder if could do easily yourself
Hi.
Hopefully it won't but if you did have any issues with insurance for this then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I’m not sure whether it clips on or is screwed on? I was told that they would remove the bumper to fit it. You can buy the diffuser for £122.63 from parts if you want to fit it your self. I just thought for the sake off an extra £118 for them to fit it on a new car it was worth it as if they break anything it’s down to them to fix it.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Hi.
Hopefully it won't but if you did have any issues with insurance for this then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Hi Dan,

I may drop you a line in March when I start getting quotes as I have been in a company car for years or just been a named driver so don’t have any no claims discount.

Jonny Brewer

Dec 4, 2018
I’m not sure whether it clips on or is screwed on? I was told that they would remove the bumper to fit it. You can buy the diffuser for £122.63 from parts if you want to fit it your self. I just thought for the sake off an extra £118 for them to fit it on a new car it was worth it as if they break anything it’s down to them to fix it.
Anyone know how the rear diffuser comes off/on? is it easily interchangeable between the FR and non-FR diffuser? I am looking to fit FR diffuser to my xcellence lux

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
Just ordered an FR Sport 115 Nevada White
Same colour as my current 66 plate 1.2 Connect.

Been given an estimation of April 30th, going to be a killer wait to get my hands on it :(

Hope Brexit doesn't get in the way too.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
The waiting is awful! Especially when there are people on here getting their cars :happy:

Nevada White looks great on the Ibiza. TBH the only colour on it that I don't like is the Mystic Magenta!

martay777

Nov 29, 2018
It's worth waiting a little longer for the 19 plates that come out in less than 5 weeks. My car is expected to be ready before then, but I've told my dealer I won't be collecting the car until March so that a 19 plate can be registered on it.

Reactions: Jonathan Bassett

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Oh definitely. If by some miracle my car became available in February I'd wait those couple of weeks until March too. But as my car is currently due to be built at the very end of February, I think it's safe to say it'll be on a 19 plate!

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
My car isn't due until after the 19 plate so all good :)

I've loved my current Nevada White so didn't need much thought into what colour I wanted on the new one

Those wheels on the FR sport should look awesome against white

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Might well have a Mk6 when I move here to Tenerife. They start at just 8990 Euro brand new (alloys and AC included).

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I'm very excited! Gone for an Xcellence Lux 1.0 TSI 115PS 6-speed manual, in Desire Red. Can't wait! I was reading through the price list, it is currently saying that the Lux gets the microsuede interior with white stitching, although the order form says 'muskat stit', which I took to be the beige colour stitching older Xcellences with the microsuede interior have had. I'm also hoping for the diamond cut wheels, which IMO are nicer than the very similar wheels on the FR- the latest price list also says that the Lux gets different wheels to the regular FR.

Now just for the long wait until March for delivery! I'm going to be giddy with excitement by then...
Have you been given a build week and expected delivery time yet? I have been told my car is due to be built week 8 with an expected delivery middle of March so should have my car in 6-7 weeks.

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
Excellent thanks, didn't want black gloss. Finger print and scratch magnet

Think I've definitely give for the right trim then

Wasn't interested in the push start feature, far too easy to steal

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Excellent thanks, didn't want black gloss. Finger print and scratch magnet

Think I've definitely give for the right trim then

Wasn't interested in the push start feature, far too easy to steal
The fr sport trim is the best looking version but didn’t have the kit I wanted so I’ve arranged for the fr’s fake exhausts to be fitted. What colour did you go for?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise