Tarraco ordered

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Hi all, new member here.
Last weekend I have placed an order for a Tarraco xcellence 2L TDI manual in Dark Camouflage.

Haven't received a build date but was told delivery should be April.

Looking forward to contributing and potentially , remapping the 150BHP engine if anyone has some recommendations in London.

Reactions: Tell

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
another question, is there like SEAT accessories website where you can order online like for example SUPERSkoda?

Tell

Staff member
another question, is there like SEAT accessories website where you can order online like for example SUPERSkoda?

Horton's I believe have corned the market, its a Seat dealership that does mail order as well

http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk

http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/category/SEAT_ATECA,b.html

(No sign of Tarraco yet)

There may be others but that's the one you see around. Since some parts are common you can use Skoda parts. The mats of the Ateca are the same as the Leon which are the same as Tiguans and Golfs. Not sure about the Tarraco. You get Seat mats free if you want rubber ones then you need to buy them. The free Seat ones are carpet.

I found with Skoda parts ordering via a local dealer was post free. The Ateca takes the Skoda ice scraper. Intrigued as to whether the Tarraco is designed to hold the scraper under the filler cap. Ateca got common Skoda parts off the production line. Subsequent, Seat started to market the ice scraper in red saying Seat on it ;). Some of the paint colours are the same.

Last edited:

DallowCupra

Jun 21, 2018
Me and the wife are tempted with the Tarraco but without seeing one and driving one in the flesh it's a bit of a hard sell. How did you decide to pre-order, have u seen one in the flesh? Heard mid Feb was when the dealerships should get theirs. We saw the Skoda Kodiaq today to get a little idea of size mind

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Me and the wife are tempted with the Tarraco but without seeing one and driving one in the flesh it's a bit of a hard sell. How did you decide to pre-order, have u seen one in the flesh? Heard mid Feb was when the dealerships should get theirs. We saw the Skoda Kodiaq today to get a little idea of size mind
Having test driven the Kodiaq and decided that this is the right size for us, I compared like for like spec/engine etc to the Tarraco and it came out at least 2k cheaper. I also read and watched probably 100s of Tarraco reviews, most of them said it's the same car as the Kodiaq and that it came down to what look one preferred.
I was told that the 0% PCP expires on the 31st of January (but I think this was not true anyway but the 31st of March) so in order to secure this I put in a £1000 reservation deposit and the order , subject to satisfactory extended test drive (including taking it home to our parking space) and inspection of their demo car when it arrives end of February. I have this in writing.

Estimated delivery is 1st May.

Last edited:
Reactions: DallowCupra

DallowCupra

Jun 21, 2018
Having test driven the Kodiaq and decided that this is the right size for us, I compared like for like spec/engine etc to the Tarraco and it came out at least 2k cheaper. I also read and watched probably 100s of Tarraco reviews, most of them said it's the same car as the Kodiaq and that it came down to what look one preferred.
I was told that the 0% PCP expires on the 31st of January (but I think this was not true anyway but the 31st of March) so in order to secure this I put in a £1000 reservation deposit and the order , subject to satisfactory extended test drive (including taking it home to our parking space) and inspection of their demo car when it arrives end of February. I have this in writing.
Yes, we've been told the 0% is there for Q1 so we're definitely interested in one. We thought we'd have a look at the Kodiaq today as we had a little bit of spare time. To be fair to Skoda, it's a nice motor and it's given us a good idea of what to expect. We've got an IX35 to trade in and the only things the wife is interested in is the boot, front and rear sensors and keyless entry. Still got one eye on the Cupra Ateca
Are you moving onto Seat fresh?

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
Yes, we've been told the 0% is there for Q1 so we're definitely interested in one. We thought we'd have a look at the Kodiaq today as we had a little bit of spare time. To be fair to Skoda, it's a nice motor and it's given us a good idea of what to expect. We've got an IX35 to trade in and the only things the wife is interested in is the boot, front and rear sensors and keyless entry. Still got one eye on the Cupra Ateca
Are you moving onto Seat fresh?
Yes, never SEAT before.

We chose the Dark Camouflage, 150 TDI Manual Xcellence, as it has all we (wife)need, front and rear sensors, rear camera, park assist, lane assist, adaptive cruise, satnav, KESSY, virtual boot opening and most importantly same (or slightly bigger) boot than the Kodiaq, and a few more nice to have's like virtual cockpit, this is £450 extra for the Kodiaq.

The Tarraco has probably the best price performance ratio of any 7 seater SUV on the market right now.

We have a car to sell but the PX valuation SEAT gave us is VERY low and they are saying that its automated and can't be changed, so I am going to try and sell privately first.

Cupra Ateca, nice but far too small for us and no 0% PCP on that unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: diver86

DallowCupra

Jun 21, 2018
Yes, never SEAT before.

We chose the Dark Camouflage, 150 TDI Manual Xcellence, as it has all we (wife)need, front and rear sensors, rear camera, park assist, lane assist, adaptive cruise, satnav, KESSY, virtual boot opening and most importantly same (or slightly bigger) boot than the Kodiaq, and a few more nice to have's like virtual cockpit, this is £450 extra for the Kodiaq.

The Tarraco has probably the best price performance ratio of any 7 seater SUV on the market right now.

We have a car to sell but the PX valuation SEAT gave us is VERY low and they are saying that its automated and can't be changed, so I am going to try and sell privately first.

Cupra Ateca, nice but far too small for us and no 0% PCP on that unfortunately.
You won't regret moving to Seat. I've had a few and also got an Ibiza Cupra as my fun car. Value for money, good and reliable engines, being part of VW. Plus you stand out on the road, forgotten how many Kuga's I see daily.
Kids are older now and although we don't need boot space for a buggy we still camp and need the space for that. They are 2 or 3 times a year jobs, so that's why I have one eye on the Tarraco and one eye on the Ateca.
Will test drive both once the Tarraco is in the showrooms. Something will happen in March....
Hope all goes well for you and you enjoy it

Reactions: Tell and Tony Tonic

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
You won't regret moving to Seat. I've had a few and also got an Ibiza Cupra as my fun car. Value for money, good and reliable engines, being part of VW. Plus you stand out on the road, forgotten how many Kuga's I see daily.
Kids are older now and although we don't need boot space for a buggy we still camp and need the space for that. They are 2 or 3 times a year jobs, so that's why I have one eye on the Tarraco and one eye on the Ateca.
Will test drive both once the Tarraco is in the showrooms. Something will happen in March....
Hope all goes well for you and you enjoy it
I hope I have a good experience with SEAT. Hopefully the 2 liter TDI is rock solid and proven tech and the build quality is good enough to last a few years with small children.

Feb 2, 2019
Probably more loaded than you can get in the UK I suspect.

Xcellence options

Plus:

Titanium Beige Color (Metallic)
PCT Top View Camera
PDD Technology Package 2 (Traffic Jam Assist, Emergency assist, Traffic Sign detection etc.)
PFZ Electronic adjustable driver seat with memory
PNB Beats Audio
PTLA PPH+PGR Tarraco factory launch pack (Auxiliary Webasto heater, heater remote control, timer, electronic tow bar)
PZ2 Mapcare 3 Years
WDA Technology Package 1 (xcellence) High Beam Assist, Blind spot detection, crossing traffic alert, rear cross traffic alert. pre-crash assist ja rollover assist

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Xcellence options

Plus:

Titanium Beige Color (Metallic)
PCT Top View Camera
PDD Technology Package 2 (Traffic Jam Assist, Emergency assist, Traffic Sign detection etc.)
PFZ Electronic adjustable driver seat with memory
PNB Beats Audio
PTLA PPH+PGR Tarraco factory launch pack (Auxiliary Webasto heater, heater remote control, timer, electronic tow bar)
PZ2 Mapcare 3 Years
WDA Technology Package 1 (xcellence) High Beam Assist, Blind spot detection, crossing traffic alert, rear cross traffic alert. pre-crash assist ja rollover assist

Oh yes some of that forbidden fruit for the UK market. It's a pity with Brexit, the pound strength we'll probably never get anything offered like that. That's why I stuck with my 2016 fully specified Ateca less towbar else I'd be dropping back on the little luxuries.

The PZ2 is only on Cupras now. The new speaker system as per the German spec is out and we never had the heater system not that we have the climate for that :).

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
The dealer has received the build week 12, which I presume means 3rd week of March. Not sure how long it takes from then.

Also confirmed launch weekend 22.02 so will take a look then

Tell

Staff member
A couple of genral questions you experienced Seatistas might know:

1. Would this standard hearrest holder for Skoda also fit in the Tarraco: http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Smart_Holder_–_multimedia_holder_&_Headrest_Clamp_3V0061129-3V0061128

2. I am assuming that SEAT White City don't do servicing so can I just book it at any SEAT service center when needed and all is approved and ok?

1. That's where you need the accessories catalogue. If it's anything like the Ateca launch the accessories catalogue comes after pre sales and an online version of items gets added to the configurator.

I'd wait till you get the car and then take it to a Skoda dealer and ask.

2. I did wonder about that with the Whitecity operation. Yes you take it to any Seat dealer for services and any warranty work. I don't know whether you took out the Seat service contract, has a pricing break point after three months. So that's a good point to get it registered with your chosen dealer and for any warranty work. As for extended warranty that needed to be taken out at the point of order other than that you get the standard warranty duration. That can be extended once it runs out but the prices may be different by then.

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
UPDATE: Wife decided she wants the panoroof so have had to place a new order (and lost our build slot) as they can't amend the existing order , so we are now looking at build week 16 instead of 12 with delivery end of May at a guess.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.