Autobrite Training Day (Car Detailing)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I think the MK2 Cupra R standard exhaust is a little too quiet for my liking... A bit of noise is always nice and a DSG fart wouldn't go a miss but I am still a fan of manual lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I think the MK2 Cupra R standard exhaust is a little too quiet for my liking... A bit of noise is always nice and a DSG fart wouldn't go a miss but I am still a fan of manual lol

I think so too. I like my exhaust quiet when I'm cruising and for it to let people know I'm overtaking them when I do!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I think so too. I like my exhaust quiet when I'm cruising and for it to let people know I'm overtaking them when I do!

Mines a standard exhaust and I’ve no plans to change it. I like the quiet cruising and then the DSG farts when I open her up to overtake or have a bit of fun.

I like the understated look and surprise of people’s faces when the car takes off

Deleted member 103408

Just seen the following online

They are moving in to new premises and are having an open day very soon. The new site is huge with plenty of parking

Hopefully Fuzz Townshend and Tim Shaw from Car SOS fame will be there.

Reactions: kanyewest

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That would be a worthy visit lol auto finesse have a new place as well, I'm still well up for going for a basics course and some bits on top...

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Just seen the following online

They are moving in to new premises and are having an open day very soon. The new site is huge with plenty of parking

Hopefully Fuzz Townshend and Tim Shaw from Car SOS fame will be there.

if anyone does head up to stoke when they do have an open day... please do let me know and i'll bob along. :)

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've just requested some info on how many they can take at one go and dates etc...

I tried this last year and didn't get much back from them which makes me sad :-(, also Auto Finesse have an academy starting in Spring this year so that could be another option but that's a 20 minute drive from Stansted and the price is about £300 per person which is quite alot... I think Autobrite do it for £50 for the day of back to basics

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ok I have a website address and date to roll with...

April 13th for the whole day. They hold 18 people per session and 3 people have joined already from other places. I have one other person that would like to go from my work.

@afcajax73 @Maypack @theoldboy @Legojon @paddy6789 @Damo H

The course for back to basics is £50 and takes the whole day I think (amount of people dependent)

Not sure if this if their new building or not but it's close by

Autobrite Direct Ltd
Whittle Road
Stoke On Trent
Staffordshire
ST3 7TU

Who is up for it?

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I'm too lazy to wash my own car, that and it used to give me a stress headache from all the scratchs, stone chips imperfections etc. I'd rather do 3 hours over time and get the car valeted :D But thank you for considering me @Jimbobcook

Reactions: kanyewest

Deleted member 103408

For the moment I cant commit to anything in April, I have a possibility of being involved in a Car Show but I don't have firm dates yet

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
i would love to try this just to learn skills and techniques. not sure i can commit right now, ill have to get back to you guys in march about it

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm too lazy to wash my own car, that and it used to give me a stress headache from all the scratchs, stone chips imperfections etc. I'd rather do 3 hours over time and get the car valeted :D But thank you for considering me @Jimbobcook
I will get you into detailing haha @ChrisJKM was the same as you once...
For the moment I cant commit to anything in April, I have a possibility of being involved in a Car Show but I don't have firm dates yet
No problem, would May be a better month for you? Maybe better weather as well...
i would love to try this just to learn skills and techniques. not sure i can commit right now, ill have to get back to you guys in march about it
Would May be better for you?

Deleted member 103408

May not much better I am afraid, I will have a track day (I have not booked it yet but I will) and we have the Northeast Autoshow on the 12th.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
May not much better I am afraid, I will have a track day (I have not booked it yet but I will) and we have the Northeast Autoshow on the 12th.
Awesome that you're getting some good track time in! I'll be at that show in May as well :)

Deleted member 103408

Yes got two track days in Feb, Need to start planning where i am going in March now :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yes got two track days in Feb, Need to start planning where i am going in March now :)
You will be keeping them tyre companies in business haha do you feel yourself getting braver on corners every time you go to the track?

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
I will get you into detailing haha @ChrisJKM was the same as you once...

No problem, would May be a better month for you? Maybe better weather as well...

Would May be better for you?
i have plans 12th & 25th may. ill be with the @theoldboy and the rest of the gang coming up for the auto show

i could give you an answer about which is better between april/may, within the next couple of weeks. ill set a reminder on my work calendar and ill keep checking back to this thread to see what people are doing

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise