Top Gear article lists Leon as one of the loveliest cars you can buy

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but the Top Gear website released an article yesterday listing their picks for the loveliest cars you can currently buy, and nestled amongst cars from Ferrari, Aston Martin and Alfa Romeo was the MK3 Leon, and they went with the Cupra R for the picture.

While personally I love the look of the Leon, I was a little surprised to see it on the list given the caliber of most the other cars. There's even surprisingly little objection to it in the comments section, with most people seeming to disagree with the Jimny, Alpine and F-Pace. Of course it's all very subjective, but good to see some love from TG.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/list/lets-have-argument-about-prettiest-cars-sale#1

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
That's weird because I distinctly remember Clarkson's write up of the Leon Cupra ST and he compared it to the Golf R estate and said the Leon was more ugly!!!

Which was a strange thing to say because most have exactly the opposite opinion.

Just goes to show there is as much fake news in motoring journalism as in the rest of the media.

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
Clarkson ..... Clarkson .... Hmmm. I think I remember him.

Isn't he the guy who killed his own career and is now doing pretty much anything to get back on to mainstream TV?
To be fair to him, he ruined his career with bbc... now is earning millions more with amazon, so i'd say he's defiantly better off.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: bluehandle

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
True, but has such an ego, he just wants to be popular and have huge audience figures. On Amazon, he has neither.

I'd take the cash though

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I can see why - I've had mine for 4 years and it's not had anything wrong with it. Good economy + power, £20 road tax and cheap insurance. Add to that a hi level of equipment and a few tasteful modifications and I'm still in love with it, won't be getting a new car anytime soon.

My only gripe is the lack of reasonable options to upgrade the mib1 media system.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
I would not take any notice on what you read and see on top gear.

I owned a vectra vxr for over four years and It was one of the best cars I have owned and not once did I experience any "catastrophic understeer"

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
Speculation was that it would be unveiled at Geneva so only another month to wait.
You would think so, but several magazines have listed the new cars you can expect to see and none of them have mentioned the new Leon.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
The BBC still owns the Top Gear title and the rights to Top Gear magazine. If Clarkson had compiled that list it would be 12 hideously expensive sports cars. Anyway, the MK4 Leon will be with us next year. In the speculative images in Auto Express it still looks good. If you haven't seen any scroll down past the spy car images in this article.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/seat/leon/101748/new-2019-seat-leon-spy-shots-and-exclusive-images

I've said it once and I'll say it again. The Mk4 won't look anything like that red piece of **** mock up.

Reactions: Brooster89

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
I've said it once and I'll say it again. The Mk4 won't look anything like that red piece of **** mock up.

Lol, I don't even know why they included it on the same page as the spy shots as they clearly show a different shape/design to that of the mockup image.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.